Sign in to follow this  
norwichyellow

stadium expansion

[quote user="E.L.F."]J€sus Christ Houston, I''ve haven''t seen a meltdown like that for quite some time but then you started with your daft thoughts so I''m sure you''re back to normal self. So you want to talk scaffolding Houston?. Look at your google maps and take a look at the distance between the City stand and the A147. Now since the current stand, either to demolished or not, where do you think the foundation and structure of a new stand or addition will be constructed which will not impact the A147. You see scaffolding requires it to be attached to a structure which evidently would be located on the present Carrow Road. Keeping in mind that a scaffold system which has been erected around the new structure is required to be protected from let''s say, vehicular traffic then barricades will be required to be installed. So let''s review: new structure to be built on present day Carrow Road, which leaves us one metre of space between the current shrubs and the A147 for which we have to build our scaffold systems and construction barricades. Ooops we forgot about construction access surrounding our scaffold system. Sh!te I guess they''ll just hoist it in from a tower crane to the roof of the barclay or n&p stands and the lads can just pitch it on down to the workers below. Mind you if they flipped the stadium 90 degrees then it just might work. I''m sure we can get enough people to help lift it eh Houston?[/quote]

ELF you are a plank. Obviously very limited knowledge of modern construction methods. There''s no way the extra teir (or new stand) would have to encroach, or affect traffic on the old A47. Carrow Road itself is barely used, except for the crowds of people arriving or leaving on match days. The road could even stay in place (pedestrianized) with the new teir on pillars located on the small pavement (next to the old A47). A bit of imagination, and looking beyond Victorian building methods, and it could quite be easily done, with no disruption to traffic.  

You family with Houston? I think I know quite a bit about construction practices thank you. FFS, Carrow Road is where the new structure will be. Take a look at the size of the footprint of the Jarrold Stand. Do you really believe that a new or reconstructed City Stand can be built with the same dimensions it currently has? Do a simple plan (I''d love to see it) of where you think the outer perimeter of a construction project would be located for the city stand. Are they going to use the pitch?

BTW, your so-called modern construction methods are still based on methods used by the Romans, Greeks and other advanced civilisations. Nice try though.

Elf, if the decision makers had your neophile attitude, we''d still be standing on a grassy bank at the Nest. Talented architects would love to get involved with such a project, and would find a solution. Move on, it''s a relatively small scale development on an industrial level. Personally I would love a larger capacity stadium, either an expanded CR or new stadium on the city outskirts, but finances are obviously the major factor. The way this transfer window is going, there could be enough spare cash floating around by the end of the season. OTBC

Houston, what Band of Council Tax do you pay each year? You don''t pay Council Tax you say. Well there quite a few here who do to maintain infrastructure and services for which they rely. Projects cost the Council money for additional infrastructure for which they cannot afford. I''m pretty sure the Board has taken this into consideration. Commercial construction projects take lots of money and lots of time. You two talk like the costs of a project are just a small detail. You two live in dreamland. So why don''t you go and start a crowdfunding project and see how much you can raise. With a little ingenuity maybe a new stadium can be built on a floating platform above the city centre. I''m sure you can find a talented architect who would just love to be involved, fees paid up front of course. It''s always easy to spend other peoples money.

It''s easy to not try. Elfie baby, you''re a quitter and it upsets you that not everyone else is. You even make sh!t up to make giving up sound good. Nobody said it would be cheap. In the long run, doing nothing as you wish will be damaging as Norwich stagnated and gets overlooked for conventions, concerts, and other events.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]gets overlooked for conventions, concerts, and other events.[/quote]
I think you''ll find our lack of any meaningful transport or road infrastructure has meant we''ve been living with that for the past seventy years.
Didn''t stop Radio 1 though.  Or the Jehovas Witnesses rocking Carrow Road every July.

Yeah Houston I''m making sh!te up. Since you''ve never been to Carrow Road or even ''downtown'' Norwich, I must concede that you know what''s best. Therefore in recognition of your forward thinking and your pop''s one year research study on ants in 1972, I will start an online petition to have City Council erect a life size statue (a la Capt. Mainwaring in Thetford) of the both of you on the plague pit of your choosing. Congratulations you son of a gun.