Mr Brownstone

England Squad

His inexperienced squad will be

..................Ruddy................

Bennett Ward Bennett Drury

...Surman  Fox Johnson.....

...Vaughan Holt Martin....

so I make that..erm 11 players

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]What a joke Carson and green instead of ruddy? And frazier Campbell over Holt who is 4th top English scorer in the prem[/quote]

Predictable from a yes man who won''t last 5 minutes in the job.

wouldnt worry about it, just means they will all be fresh for the game at stoke! Realistically they have no chance of getting in as we have not had the recognition we deserve at times, its an old pals club the England squad anyway!! the fact that Campbell has played FOUR games since he had 18 months out shows what a waste of time our national squad is whoever manages it! majority of players are from the big 6 clubs  anyway!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]wouldnt worry about it, just means they will all be fresh for the game at stoke! Realistically they have no chance of getting in as we have not had the recognition we deserve at times, its an old pals club the England squad anyway!! the fact that Campbell has played FOUR games since he had 18 months out shows what a waste of time our national squad is whoever manages it! majority of players are from the big 6 clubs  anyway!!!
[/quote]

And the England'' manager''s car don''''t have Norwich directions in the tom tom, but personally I agree Baldboy, its only a bloody friendly anyway, those Dutch will kick chunks out of them ,pity the math isn''t tonight

The job of England manager will never be easy.   The common sense approach would be to kick out all the old gaurd and start again, but it will never happen.    Bring through the U21 players, otherwise what''s the point in having an U21 side?  

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

His inexperienced squad will be

..................Ruddy................

Bennett Ward Bennett Drury

...Surman  Fox Johnson.....

...Vaughan Holt Martin....

so I make that..erm 11 players

[/quote]Chris Martin is at Palace and Surman is South African! the rest of the side would make a worthy England team though!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]What a joke Carson and green instead of ruddy? And frazier Campbell over Holt who is 4th top English scorer in the prem[/quote]

Predictable from a yes man who won''t last 5 minutes in the job.

[/quote]Spot on Wiz. Everytime a squad is announced I lose more faith in the national side that it has got to the point where I just don''t care about it anymore. Club before Country everyday of the week.

Surman was bron in South Africa to English (british) parents, and he only lived their for 9 years, and has played for England under 21s.

Remember reading an interview when he first arrived where Surms stated he considers himself English from a footballing point of view. Same way that Earnshaw is from Zambia but pledges his footballing allegiance to Wales.

It really seems like the more things change, the more they stay the same...When will whoever''s in charge of England start thinking outside the box

and instead of picking the same old shower - especially those players

who are badly off form, and actually select a side that''s not made up of

90% of the players from clubs in the top 6 regardless of their form and

ability?Carson and Green get nods over John Ruddy despite his excellent form for us all season and them both playing in lower quality leagues.Fraizer Campbell gets selected over Grant Holt, despite Holt''s great

form, having no other striker even like him available, and him having

scored more goals this season than Bent, Welbeck and Campbell. Even

Sturridge has only scored the same despite being in a better side and

it''s only Rooney that has done more.Downing again makes the

cut despite being shit all season for Liverpool and spending half his

time on the bench because he''s been shit.Gerrard is a shadow of his

former self following endless injuries over the last year, and Barry

gets in even though Parker is a country mile better and there''s other

options in that role much better than Barry who''s just a very average

player.Sorry Psycho, but despite liking your choices in defence, there''s some silly selections and omissions here, when you could have used this opportunity to give the incoming manager something to genuinely think about instead of simply putting some tracing paper under the team sheet we''ve used for the last 5 years...

No surprise to see Ruddy miss out. Unfortunately the England goalkeeping setup has been a joke for a long time now, very obvious that merit has little to do with the selection process.

I always thought a friendly was for trying out new players, different formations and current squad players in new roles...a learning curve without the pressure of the result...but then i missed my tenure as England manager...

There would be very little point in Pearce bringing in 6 - 7 new players in this friendly. To introduce so many players at once would render the game meaningless, how can you judge a player''s performance when there are so many changes in the team. The introduction of Cleverly is very welcome, as is Welbeck and Sturridge. Downing is an odd one, especially over Chamberlain.

With Hart such a dominant goalkeeper at the moment and so young it will be hard for an inexperienced goal keeper to get a call up at the moment. Seems little point to call up Ruddy just to make him be the third choice goalie (can''t actually see the point in having 3 keepers in the squad tbh)

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"](can''t actually see the point in having 3 keepers in the squad tbh)[/quote]maybe not for a friendly but essential for a tournament! an injury and a red card and its "right back in goal" time if not!

The interim (well it might become permanent) boss of the England rugby team has thrown out the old guard, and picked a load of fresh faced kids (right call imo, should have been done 4 years ago) which would send out a clear message to the new man. Perhaps Pyscho could have done the same, although he only has 1 game to worry about, so ''safe'' was the way he has decided.

I would have thought that this sort of game is the ideal one to put people like Ruddy into the camp, no big tournament pressure etc, and he would get a ''feel'' for the situation  

i think they have missed a trick in not giving holt a tryout. o.k. it may not be sucessful, but if you don''t try you will never know. and carson over ruddy is just plain stupid.

According to the daily star Brooking and Clemence were at our game saturday to look at Ruddy but he was on the bench.

[quote user="star_manic"]i think they have missed a trick in not giving holt a tryout. o.k. it may not be sucessful, but if you don''t try you will never know. and carson over ruddy is just plain stupid.[/quote]

You must be a kean follower of Turkish football to know how Carson is getting on then.

Holt is now too old to put in the squad for a first time.

Green, Carson, Ruddy, Forster... there are a few potential understudies to Hart who will be our No1 for the next decade and while they may not play, calling them up gives the england management team the chance to see them in close quarters during training so I see why they call 3 up even for a friendly.. but they picked wrong imo, both green and carson wont be trusted fully again in the england goal by the public and without the media and public on your side things get ugly quickly.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="star_manic"]i think they have missed a trick in not giving holt a tryout. o.k. it may not be sucessful, but if you don''t try you will never know. and carson over ruddy is just plain stupid.[/quote]

You must be a kean follower of Turkish football to know how Carson is getting on then.

[/quote]

But, at the end of the day, John Ruddy is the guy who is performing very well in the Premier League. In England. On our door step. Under our noses.

Scott Carson was struggling in the Premier League and has now gone abroad to play in a weaker league. It''s not even as if Bursaspor are flying near the top of the league, they''re 9th.

It''s wrong for them not to have a look at Ruddy. If they''re not going to look at him when Norwich City are 8th in the Premier League then when are they going to do it?

Such a farce.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Holt is now too old to put in the squad for a first time.

[/quote] I didn''t realise there was an age limit??? ! In form players on merit every time for me. Holt is just that at the minute

Goalkeepers: Scott Carson (Bursaspor), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Robert Green (West Ham United)

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

Forwards: Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Fraizer Campbell (Sunderland), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

Seeing as Harry Redknapp was saying how he would bring Scholes back into the squad too, a man who looked way past his best and way off the pace the last time he played for England about 4-5 years ago, nothing is likely to change anytime soon.

The man for the England job is Mourinho because he will pick the players he reckons will most likely win a match/tournament.

I''m off to the game.Looks like there will be nothing to get excited about so will probably spend the second half in the coperate bar running up a expensive bar tab.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

But, at the end of the day, John Ruddy is the guy who is performing very well in the Premier League. In England. On our door step. Under our noses.

Scott Carson was struggling in the Premier League and has now gone abroad to play in a weaker league. It''s not even as if Bursaspor are flying near the top of the league, they''re 9th.

It''s wrong for them not to have a look at Ruddy. If they''re not going to look at him when Norwich City are 8th in the Premier League then when are they going to do it?

Such a farce.

[/quote]

I think Ruddy will get his chance after the Euros. There aren''t going to be that many major changes 5 months before an tournament, especially when the team qualified fairly comfortably. Pearce made it clear in his press conference that he wants the England job, so he''ll be looking for a good performance against Holland. He isn''t going to risk the England job with an untested goalie - Green and Carson are there because someone has to be and they are well known and liked by the rest of the England players.

As mentioned above England sent their scouts to watch Ruddy, but he didn''t play that day which is a shame for him. I think if Ruddy''s form had been a bit more consistent across the season he would have made the grade, but unfortunately he has been a little bit up and down (although I do think he is a great goalie for us). He''ll probably get his chance after the Euros and when the next manager, whoever it is, wants to start to make his own team.