Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

Rodent to gold scum!

would be a perfect match!.. although he would probably keep them up this season before destroying them next season if past form is a measure of future success. Finding it hilarious that Moxey cannot find anyone willing to manage his team, even walter smith has said no thanks and by his own admission he was the fall back option!.

I mentioned when Curbishley was being touted that he shouldn''t go near that job with a barge pole and not it looks like no-one else will either.

Then and Rodent? Hilarious!

Down down down!!

(shouldn''t laugh really!)

I think the gold and black kit is very classy myself... especially the proper ''old gold'' of the 1960s.

He wouldn''t keep them up.  He''d scare them all into playing "no risk" football so players who are potentially quite good (e.g. Jarvis, Fletcher) would stop taking any risks and minimise their creativity.  He''d play a lumpy and predictable 4-4-2 system and would create an atmosphere in the dressing room so bad that players would voluntarily sign up for a tour of Afghanistan just to escape the arrogant tool.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]He wouldn''t keep them up.  He''d scare them all into playing "no risk" football so players who are potentially quite good (e.g. Jarvis, Fletcher) would stop taking any risks and minimise their creativity.  He''d play a lumpy and predictable 4-4-2 system and would create an atmosphere in the dressing room so bad that players would voluntarily sign up for a tour of Afghanistan just to escape the arrogant tool.[/quote]

Every single team he has taken charge of has been relegation threatened and yet he has kept each of them up in his first season somehow. His second season is always catastrophic, though

Just imagine a team managed by him coming back to Carrow Road. If I was Lambert I''d play Simon Lappin that day and make him captain. There would be no man more determined to win and prove a point.

It might not actually be the worst appointment ever if it did come in. He often seems to have a knack of giving clubs that short term lift they need to beat the drop. Everthing good about his reign was condensed into a spell between November and February where we lost only 1 game in about 16. However Wolves would be well advised to get rid at the end of the season and get a better candidate in if they did use him as a "fire fighter."

It would interesting to see what happens to him when he returns to Carrow Road. I doubt there are many other players or managers who would get the hostile reception he is likely to receive and that is probably putting it mildly.

Only thing funnier would be Rodent going to Blue Scum....but Agent Jewell has given them their yearly dose of false hope before dropping them further in the s**t!!!

No one wants the Wolves job...can''t say I blame them!!!!

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]Did his old captain fozzy sign for them?[/quote]............no they are not that desperate...are they?

Appointing from within at a stage when you are struggling is a tremendous gamble. The only time I can remember it working with us is with Nigel Worthington after Bryan Hamilton.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Appointing from within at a stage when you are struggling is a tremendous gamble. The only time I can remember it working with us is with Nigel Worthington after Bryan Hamilton.[/quote]

Even Bryan Gunn would have been a success after Hamillton.

It now seems that the Wolves Board have shot themselves well and truly in the foot by sacking Mad Mick when they did. If the man was offering little else at the time he was offering experience, something badly needed in their current plight.

It could have turned out as a blessing indisguise, this "new" man knows the Club and players. I hope not. It would always have been a very big ask of a newcomer, as Walter Smith worked out. It, however, remains one of the Game''s "bigger" jobs to have. 

Totally bizarre appointment by Wolves, especially after all the bull that Moxey spouted about the focusing on getting a proven ''big name'' manager in.Whilst I appreciate clubs promoting from within, this wasn''t the time or place to do it, and I''m sure that Wolves fans will be cursing at the lack of ambition by the Wolves board...

teams around the relegation threshold must be very happy with this decision, appoint a man with no experience when you are deep in the doodoo. sound and logical thinking by moxey. he should have stayed with auf wiedersehen pet.

If you add this thread from a few years ago on here.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/945089/ShowPost.aspx

to this one on a Wolves MB (and many other threads)

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s115.htm?115,13087210

It proves that the grass isn''t always greener on the other side no matter how much you think it will be. Some very cheesed off Wolves fans with this decision at the moment.

Mike Walker was appointed from within first time round as he was Reserve Team manager and that turned out pretty well!

However, Mike had a full pre-season, I think they''d have been better hanging on to Mick McCarthy rather than have many high profile names turn them down and then scramble around looking desperate.

Reading some of the Wolves forums, they are all trying to put a positive spin on it.I''m so tempted to post how Moxey reminds me off Doomcaster and how we appointed Gunn from within! [:D]