Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Collymore just few minutes ago

A wolves fan was saying bout small club like Norwich, Collymore jumped down his throat, talking bout City being bigger than Wolves, our success in league and europe. Then he made a mess in his pants when started thinking bout Grant Holt

Collymore appears to like us.

But thats now allowed, the media just think were little old Norwich, Swansea are wonderful, give us no appreciation and ignore us.

Also, the small club talk is a bit rich coming from the ''mighty'' Wolves...literally no one wants the management job, I think the kit man turned them down after muttering something about having to look after his tomatoes.

Poor chap couldn''t even finish his sentence before Collymore jumped in with both feet. It was quite amusing, perhaps Stan''s trying to book a place in hall of fame

Preston, Blackpool, Burnley, Wolves, all used to be ''big'' clubs.   Although they are in the premiership, Wolves are not the force they used to be in the 50''s and 60''s.     Norwich have had more success over the last twenty years than  "The Mighty Wolves".    Much as they might like to think of themselves as a big club, they are living on past glory, not present day reality.    That''s part of their problem.  No, actually, that''s their whole problem. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Preston, Blackpool, Burnley, Wolves, all used to be ''big'' clubs.   Although they are in the premiership, Wolves are not the force they used to be in the 50''s and 60''s.     Norwich have had more success over the last twenty years than  "The Mighty Wolves".    Much as they might like to think of themselves as a big club, they are living on past glory, not present day reality.    That''s part of their problem.  No, actually, that''s their whole problem

[/quote]Well, that and a cr@p team...no permanent manager...fickle fans...and being in the Black Country.

I guess it depends on how you define "big". Our success in Europe? Bearing in mind we''re now going back 20 years for us to have had any success in Europe, why not go back the extra 20 years to them being in the final of the UEFA cup in the 70s? Our success in the league - again it depends on what we''re defining as making a team big. In terms of league wins, Wolves have won it 3 times in the post-war era, even if none of those have been in the last 50 years. They''ve also won the League Cup and the FA cup more often than us in the post-war era.

It''s only really between 85 and 95 we can claim to have been more successful than them. After 95, we have a similar record, although given that we''ve been down as far as League 1, and they''ve had two extra seasons of Premier League football in that period as well, they''ve probably got an argument for being bigger than us after 95 as well.

But, back to the main point of the thread, and yes, it''s nice to be getting some recognition and support from some sections of the media, and Collymore does seem to like us!

i was listening to that live in the car. I remember thinking good on collymore we are a big club and belive we can fill a 35000 seater staduim in the premeir and sold out 26000 nearly every week in league one, not to many clubs can say that!!! loved collymores reference to our away win in bayern

The big club small club arguments have to some of the most stupid arguments in football, it''s all relative to where you are at the momment. I''ve yet to meet a fan of any club that is happy because they won something years ago if their team is playing total rubbish at the momment. Still good one Stan.

He has had a soft spot for us for a while now. I love this so much because when you listen to him he talks sense and has very balanced views. Most other pundits only talk about the top4 . I thought he was a Dickhead as a player but as a pundit very good.

[quote user="kick it off"]Any link to this online? I''d be interested to hear it.[/quote]]there maybe a podcast you could download

In the 1950s Wolves were the kingpins of English football winning 3 First Division titles and an FA Cup. They also pioneered televised club football in the UK with memorable matches against then European giants such as Honved and Spartak Moscow.

They were captained for 14 years by Billy Wright captain of England for 90 of his 105 internationals and for three World Cup Finals.

Just adding a little context as one who witnessed some of the latter part of this era.

OTBC

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]He has had a soft spot for us for a while now. I love this so much because when you listen to him he talks sense and has very balanced views. Most other pundits only talk about the top4 . I thought he was a Dickhead as a player but as a pundit very good.[/quote]He was a dickhead as a player and an even bigger dickhead as a person but he''s clearly confronted and dealt with his issues extremely well and gets a lot of credit from me for sorting himself out.

In my eyes what makes you a ''big club'' is 5% stadium, 10% history, 10% fan base, 10% current position and 75% potential.

With that in mind (and with Lambert currently leading our troops) I see Norwich as a bigger club than Wolves. 

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

In my eyes what makes you a ''big club'' is 5% stadium, 10% history, 10% fan base, 10% current position and 75% potential.

With that in mind (and with Lambert currently leading our troops) I see Norwich as a bigger club than Wolves. 

[/quote]

At least we''d be giving 110%

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]

I love it when someone talks to him about how many season tickets they boast, then he jumps on them and tells them how many we have,  

RCF is getting psychological with Stan confronting his demons.

I think you''ll find its as simple as Stan has the hots for Holty, spends a lot of time on yuuutube and visiting hos local ATS for tyre checks.

As for Wolves, its hilarious.