Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

We let ourselves down.

After such a great performance  it was very dissapointing that we were unable to keep the ball towards the end of the game.We gave it away cheaply, lost our shape and dropped far to deep. Lack of experience and self belief, it`s a shame cos it`s the only time in the game when we looked frightened of them.   

Absolutely agree. The worst we played all and was in the 10 minutes after we scored. We were always going to struggle from the relentless pressure of Man Utd towards the end. But we lost our discipline and paid for it.

[quote user="Smokebomb"]After such a great performance  it was very dissapointing that we were unable to keep the ball towards the end of the game.We gave it away cheaply, lost our shape and dropped far to deep. Lack of experience and self belief, it`s a shame cos it`s the only time in the game when we looked frightened of them.   
[/quote]

Think I''ve heard it all now!!!!!

Young was unfortunately never closed down and had all the time in the world to cross with Hoolahan letting Giggs past him to score.  Wilbraham was excellent.  Couldnt see the point of taking Jackson off for Wes though, it allowed Man U to push up and we dropped deeper and deeper.  Fantastic goal by Holt shame we couldnt hold on but in saying that they did miss some sitters.

well and the first 10 mins when we seemed disorganised and gave them far too much respect

If we hadnt been against manure we would have held onto the ball, we had Holt and Wilbraham who are both capable of holding the ball up, we passed the ball well throughout the game but lost our self belief in our own ability at the end.

You shouls have founx yourself a better internet stream. Those of us actually at the game know you couldn''t be any wider lf the mark. Are you from the Lake District by any chance?

[quote user="Hugh J Wurzell"]

You shouls have founx yourself a better internet stream. Those of us actually at the game know you couldn''t be any wider lf the mark. Are you from the Lake District by any chance?

[/quote]

What the fuck are you on about you twat!

[quote user="Smokebomb"][quote user="Hugh J Wurzell"]

[/quote]

What the fuck are you on about you twat![/quote]

If you read what the OP actually says then you''ll see it''s a reasonable point he''s making.  It''s perhaps a shame the thread title is a Tabloid style attention grabber, but reading the whole post is usually a good idea.  Lambert''s come out and said the players were "running on empty" and tiredness does cause mistakes and lack of attention - I don''t think we were frightened of them, just knackered, which may be why Young wasn''t closed down in time and why Giggs''s run wasn''t tracked.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If you read what the OP actually says then you''ll see it''s a reasonable point he''s making.  It''s perhaps a shame the thread title is a Tabloid style attention grabber, but reading the whole post is usually a good idea.  Lambert''s come out and said the players were "running on empty" and tiredness does cause mistakes and lack of attention - I don''t think we were frightened of them, just knackered, which may be why Young wasn''t closed down in time and why Giggs''s run wasn''t tracked.

[/quote]

Also the fact that we''d thrown on attacking players to get the goal and were then light defensively.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Smokebomb"][quote user="Hugh J Wurzell"]

[/quote]

What the fuck are you on about you twat!
[/quote][/quote]

It''s a running battle, I''m afraid.   I tried to make a point on another thread that all fans are equal, but  certain trolls like to think they are superior because they can attend every match - and its spilt on to this thread. [:^)]

It was clear that Manu stepped it up after the equaliser, and against the tiring defence we did seem to be rather open. I thought Drury in particular was a wee bit spent towards the end- he had been given a bit of a run-around by Nani, so fair enough....I guess the winner was ''his'' side too. Not blaming him or anything - they were all fantastic today.

Quite a straight forward post about holding the ball up and having the confidence to play out the last few minutes of a game, as top teams do,  by not dropping too deep. Now why that elicits claims about "not being there" when I have attended virtually every home game for at least 12 years, plus most away games this season  and why remarks such as "I cant believe  this board" are made is amazing.  The post was praising us for a great performance, but what I was trying to point out was that top teams, which is what we surely aspire to be, would be more professional in the closing out of a game. Lambert was pulling his hair out in his area when Wilbrahams surrendered the ball cheaply, it is a part of the game that we need to improve on and I defy anyone to tell me that Lambert wouldnt agree with that.    The guys were tired and had given it their all, I am deeply proud of them all, but for fucks sake if you cant make a constructive critical remark on a forum then we might as well all pack up and go home.[*-)]

The way I saw it Man Utd kept possession effortlessly towards the end of the game and we just couldn''t get near them.

All in all it was a very good game and we should rightly feel proud of our performance even if the result didn''t go our way.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="87canary"]This board continues to astound me.[/quote]

And me, and thats saying something.

[/quote]

In which respect are you astounded?[:O]