Sign in to follow this  
The Gruffalo

Why was Jackson subbed at Half Time today?

It seemed like a very strange substitution to me, as he was one of the best players on the pitch in the first half.I he injured? Maybe Rob Butler and his cohorts on Radio Norfolk could have focused on things like that after the game instead of slagging Jake Humphrey off?

Lambert said it was tactical....

He was playing fairly well, as he has done every game, but nothing he was doing was really creating anything. But early on in the second half, I think we missed his running. Hoolahan seemed a bit stranded and took a while to get going, but then he (and Surman) got into full flow and things picked up.

they said at half time that lambert needed to put on another midfielder as we were losing the midfield battle, lambert hoped jackson would come into midfiled when we defended but that just isnt really a part of his game. according to radio norfolk.

I wondered that as well, they didn''t mention why the change was made on the TV coverage.

Thought Jackson was playing well and thought Pilks was having a good game also.

If that is the case then that is an absolutely awful tactical decision from Lambert.. Even the Man Utd fans seem to think that he had their defence struggling to contain him during the first half and Alex Ferguson said himself that "Norwich were the better team and on top in the first half."

[quote user="Largey24"]Just remind me which half we scored our goal in.....?[/quote]and your point is?Look at which half we had more possession in and which half were more of a threat in.  You would fit in well with Butler on Radio Norfolk!I am sure that we would have scored if we continued as we were, as from 15 mins in we were by far the better team until half time.I think that we we would have gone on to win it if this decision was not made.Things improved when Lambert brought on Elliott Bennett and Wilbraham, but the Hoolahan for Jackson substitution was a poor one which handed the initiative to Man Utd for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half.

Gruffalo stated "Hoolahan for Jackson substitution was a  poor one which handed the initiative to Man United for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd Half" Completely agree. Without his running to worry about, United were able to push more forward. When Wilbraham came on to support Holt we then had more of the game. Don''t think it particularly affected the result. Have no wish to make any real criticism of Lambert who without spending a fortune has built a very, very  promising team. 

regardless, i''m sure the Canadian national team is just fine about him only playing 45 ahead of a wednesday international ;)