Sign in to follow this  
Buffman

The old Barclay

Especially seeing the Man U supporter fall through the roof a few feet away from me...You can''t beat standing no matter what anybody else says.

One of my first memories of standing in the Barclay with my Dad cluck. I saw a helicopter on the drive into the game and added 1+1 and got 3. The over active mind of a child eh?

Great picture...there are a few lovely ol'' ghosts in there for me.

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"]Especially seeing the Man U supporter fall through the roof a few feet away from me...You can''t beat standing no matter what anybody else says.[/quote]

Here you go Cluck you can relive it all over again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ7juikRlUQ

It actually looks quite pleasant in there!

Who are the handsome chappies waiting for the gates to open? Anyone on here?

and whatever is that young girl wearing? It looks like an EDP pull out poster or something.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]arrrr, just noticed - my 1000th post - how sweet that it was a lovely one.[/quote]Congrats Spencer... and yes they were lovely times despite the yobbos.Nearest I got to a scrap at CR was being hit on the head by a rollo... which I have to say did sting a bit.  [:''(]

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"][quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"]Especially seeing the Man U supporter fall through the roof a few feet away from me...You can''t beat standing no matter what anybody else says.[/quote]

Here you go Cluck you can relive it all over again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ7juikRlUQ[/quote]Ha ha ha... just watched it again. Thanks for that.Great fashions back then... turn ups on your flared jeans... tank tops... table tennis bat shoes... curly perms (mine was naturally curly [:$] ) .... and not a poxy baseball cap in sight!Didn''t Docherty come to the Barclay holding a kiddie to appeal to the crowd?