Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Wilbraham to start against Stoke?

Their defence will be more susceptible to speed than aerial threat. Jackson could have great fun against Upson, Shawcross, Huth etc.

I said in another thread that I would like to see Wilbraham and Holt upfront against Stoke, personally I think they will be our best pairing for that game.

better than i''d judged him to be, i''ll confess, still can''t see him ever scoring a premiership goal though.

For the moment, Holt and Jackson and it would be very short sighted to dismiss Morison from plans. Yeah he''s having a rough patch, but he''s also been amazing for us at times this year and it was only a month ago some on here were talking of him going to Tottenham!

Vaughan is an unknown quantity but maybe our most promising striker but for now Holt and Jackson and then 2 of them 3 bought on with plenty of time to make an impression depending on how the match is going.

[quote user="Largey24"]Their defence will be more susceptible to speed than aerial threat. Jackson could have great fun against Upson, Shawcross, Huth etc.[/quote]I agree with Largey.Cazy says as crazy does LDC. [<:o)]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"] ... still can''t see him ever scoring a premiership goal though ...

[/quote]

Can''t see the justification for that statement. I think you''ll find he came pretty damn close on Sunday ...

Well he has not scored a goal for us yet. An own goal at Leicester. There are no prizes in the Wadiyan Army for getting a lucky deflection. You are just as likely to shoot one of your own men as take out one of our enemies.I would much rather have a young, quick, nimble, sniper like Jackson going through the enemies defences with us.

Wow 14 posts and it already got old a while ago. Well done the DicTaTor for becoming irritating and nonsensical EVEN QUICKER than BW.

No! A few fresh, flashy moments doth not a Premiership striker make, whether they be against a Championship side or Man. U.

This thread would have been ridiculed pre-season but it is testament to the player''s resolve and indicative of our general over-estimation of the task ahead that it is a reasonable suggestion now.

The problem is that I think it is now more indicative of under-estimating the task ahead. It''s all proved to be easier than we anticipated, but it aint that easy. Sorry Wilbo, but a goal or two might have helped.

Tactically unsound as well for, as some have already pointed out, a bit of pace would come in handy.

[quote user="kick it off"]Wow 14 posts and it already got old a while ago. Well done the DicTaTor for becoming irritating and nonsensical EVEN QUICKER than BW.[/quote]

Nice to see i still get a mention from time to time. However i agree incredibly poor character Dictator in fact your bored me off this bored earlier this evening.

I did post earlier that jackson could be right.

However Morison or Wilby can certainly hold off the big centre halves, challenge them unlike other forwards and lay the ball off to our cretaive players behind, surman, pilky, bennett or hoolahoops.

I think Jacksons pace is not as lightning as many think it is, I also note that we didn''t use his strength for long periods of the first half his pace into the channel or a good through ball for him to run on to. I think if we were playing that way he would have a field day. However as I think we are better playing the ball out wide wuick and good delivery in the box, I think two big men could be the answer.

I also think Lambert will want to give Jacko a good run however to judge his development and his goal scoring potential in the top flight. So altho I would rather the two big men and the ball moved quickly to the wide players, I think it will be the same starting line up that started against Man U.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Has anyone got any examples of Jackson using his pace this season to score or directly create a goal?[/quote]The best example would probably be Surman''s goal at WBA

Looks unlikely Wilbraham will be started as he got 60 mins in reserves i''m sure we dont normally play players in reserves if they are to start a game later in the week?