Sign in to follow this  
UEAcanary

Lappin

What are people''s thoughts on Simon Lappin - our faithful no.19?I''m actually really surprised he hasn''t been given more of a chance this season - I can''t actually recall if he''s had a game in the Prem this season as yet?He puts in solid performances for the reserves (yes, I know it''s the reserves so the standard is lower) and is an excellent crosser of the ball, as well as putting in the ''everywhere on the pitch'' performances that sum up Lambert''s attitide perfectly.Can''t quite understand why he hasn''t played, even as a sub?Thoughts?

Great attitude, but not good enough to start in the Prem IMHO. As Bethnal says, he lost his man at QPR and could well have been exposed further had Barton not imploded. He''s a bit of a bits and pieces player, with a good left foot (although there is little empirical evidence of the potency that some people claim for it as evidenced by his (non) goalscoring record), but none of the bits are quite good enough.

You''d never pick him at left back over Tierney or Drury (Naughton was even played out of position there rather than pick him) or on the left of midfield ahead of Surman or Pilkington, would you?