Sign in to follow this  
The Codfather

Radio 1 Newsbeat

I messaged Radio 1 this morning to say I thought Grant Holt should be picked for England, and a guy from Newsbeat rang this afternoon to ask if i''d do a voice message for Newsbeat basically saying what i''d text earlier, so I did this, and I may hear the message on tonights news at 1745 to get the Legend that is Grant Holt a bit of credit for being a decent shout for a call up. OTBC

[quote user="priceyrice"]O nice, good on ya, let us know what gets said[/quote]

I think Radio One did a good piece with Chris Gorehams brilliant commentary mixed in with another guy''s and my voice message! OTBC

Thanks for the link Charlesberg, it''s just before the end of the programme. When I spoke to Rick Kelsey from Radio One, he said they''d had a lot of calls / texts supporting Holty. I was proud to have my say!

[quote user="Charlesberg"]if anyone wants to listen it should be available here soon: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wkry[/quote]Nice i will have a look later to see if its on

I heard that on my way home! Nice one.

The started with suggestions like Ricky Lambert and Hesky?!

I honestly couldn''t believe that nobody was gonig to mention Holt until you came on the airwaves!

Good on ya

OTBC

Holt for England Captain :O)

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

I heard that on my way home! Nice one.

The started with suggestions like Ricky Lambert and Hesky?!

I honestly couldn''t believe that nobody was gonig to mention Holt until you came on the airwaves!

Good on ya

OTBC

Holt for England Captain :O)

[/quote]

Fair enough comment about Heskey who is washed up and finished but why bracket Lambert with him? RL''s goalscoring record is there for all to see. Will he cut it in the Premier? Well we''ll see next season but my bet is he will do (just like the boy Holt).

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

Fair enough comment about Heskey who is washed up and finished but why bracket Lambert with him? RL''s goalscoring record is there for all to see. Will he cut it in the Premier? Well we''ll see next season but my bet is he will do (just like the boy Holt).

[/quote]

There are those players who you just know, have a gut feeling, that they will score plenty of goals, at whatever level they play . They just seem have the desire, and ability to adapt to be lethal whoever the opposition is. Past exponents have ranged from Jimmy Greaves  to Peter Crouch, via Gary Lineker and Jurgen Klinsmann.  Rickie Lambert is certainly one who falls into that category . I was always confident that Holty would too. He''s just shown how stupid people were who claimed that he could not hack it in League One...then the Championship...then The Prem , blah blah.  I''m sure he could do a job for England, but, in all honesty we need to be looking to the future, and picking a 30 yo for a meaningless friendly is not really the way forward.