Sign in to follow this  
farmer jim

stoke

hey all of to stoke saturday just wondering are there still roadworks on the a14 if so what way will the yellow army be taking to get there

[quote user="farmer jim"]hey all of to stoke saturday just wondering are there still roadworks on the a14 if so what way will the yellow army be taking to get there[/quote]

In my humble opinion, the best way is across to Peterborough, up the A1, turn left and go past Rutland Water and through Melton Mowbray, and take the A50 at Kegworth. This road takes you straight to the Stadium.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="farmer jim"]hey all of to stoke saturday just wondering are there still roadworks on the a14 if so what way will the yellow army be taking to get there[/quote]

In my humble opinion, the best way is across to Peterborough, up the A1, turn left and go past Rutland Water and through Melton Mowbray, and take the A50 at Kegworth. This road takes you straight to the Stadium.

[/quote]

But allow plenty of time, and take own refreshments, there is nothing once you pass Cambridge services, apart from filling stations and Happy Nutters, Can''t make trip myself its my turn on stable cleaning rota, strange I seem to get the away dates in the yard. or is it carefully planned

Easy journey to Manchester and back Jim , no major roadworks on A14 and very smooth . I see no problems for you and your trip to Stoke. Safe Journey and enjoy the game !

Will be coming in by train. Sounds a good walk from the station. Any recommended pubs en route to Britannia??

My son and I will be parking at the Screwfix car park on Sir Stanley Matthews Way (PostCode is ST4 8GR). I''m told the best way in and out is M6 onto the A500 (coming off at Junction 15). Then right onto the A34, then left onto the A5035 and finally left onto Sir Stanley Matthews Way. The Screwfix Car Park is on the right hand side. The park operates from 1pm and costs £4. Hope that helps.

[quote user="Tony Moore"]My son and I will be parking at the Screwfix car park on Sir Stanley Matthews Way (PostCode is ST4 8GR). I''m told the best way in and out is M6 onto the A500 (coming off at Junction 15). Then right onto the A34, then left onto the A5035 and finally left onto Sir Stanley Matthews Way. The Screwfix Car Park is on the right hand side. The park operates from 1pm and costs £4. Hope that helps.[/quote]

Sounds good. Many thanks.

For the last few weekends the A14 has been closed at Huntingdon for bridge repairs.

The diversion although not much longer in miles adds about 30mins in time.

I would check if this is happening again this weekend