Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Ipswich back in trouble?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/portsmouth/9116601/How-Championship-table-would-look-with-Portsmouths-results-expunged.html

If Portsmouth go out of business during the season Ipswich drop noticeably. Wet Sham also drop out of auto places.

[quote user="nolegs"]Now wouldn''t that be a shame
[/quote]

Wouldn''t it just. A prolonged spell in League One for them would be truly gratifying. I don''t think that they have the ability to bounce back with ease, City style, either.

However, I feel that whatever the outcome of Pompey''s demise, the tractors are actually too good to go down atm. Not that they are particularly good and neither will they be with dopey as manager, it''s just that there are some pretty dreadful sides down there. Coventry, in particular are in a right mess.

Any club that agrees to pay the ever loveable Jimmy Bullard getting on for £20, 000 a week for sitting on his bum cracking jokes deserve all they get. Their one-time saaviour could now contribute to their downfall.

I have a feeling that there will be plenty of interesting happenings at the Loo once the Olympics are over and out of the elusive Marcus Evans'' schemeing. We might then get to see his real motives for pumping some of his millions into that partiucular lost cause.

Good old Delia, I could kiss your cup-cakes.

If Portsmouth disappear, what happens to ensure there are 24 clubs in the Championship next season? Only two go down and three come up, or do three still go down and four come up? Or has this not been thought about?

[quote user="dpit"]..or four go down from the Prem? Ahhh! Panic!?[/quote]

So that''s why Lambert threw the FA Cup game against Leicester! It all becomes clear now...[:P]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="dpit"]..or four go down from the Prem? Ahhh! Panic!?[/quote]

So that''s why Lambert threw the FA Cup game against Leicester! It all becomes clear now...[:P]

[/quote]

I am led to believe that if pompey go out of business they will drop like Wimbledon did, And 3 teams go down as normal with 4 up from the league below, It won''t effect the premier league, Interesting report on Talksport today is Coventry have an embargo forced on them and Forest are also close to Administration which would take points off them making the binners safe.    

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]If Portsmouth disappear, what happens to ensure there are 24 clubs in the Championship next season? Only two go down and three come up, or do three still go down and four come up? Or has this not been thought about?[/quote]its very simple.. 4 go down from league 1 currently.. this would be reduced to 3. an extra team would be promoted from the conference to compensate for losing pompey with an extra team going up from league 2.something similar happened when Maidstone went bankrupt in 1993, it saw Wycombe brought into the football league along with Barnet

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]If Portsmouth disappear, what happens to ensure there are 24 clubs in the Championship next season? Only two go down and three come up, or do three still go down and four come up? Or has this not been thought about?[/quote]its very simple.. 4 go down from league 1 currently.. this would be reduced to 3. an extra team would be promoted from the conference to compensate for losing pompey with an extra team going up from league 2.something similar happened when Maidstone went bankrupt in 1993, it saw Wycombe brought into the football league along with Barnet[/quote]There will be two relegations instead of three from the Championship according to the Telegraph sports pages, so additional promotions through the lower leagues to fill the extra space created in League One by the fact Portsmouth won''t appear there next season. The fact they will be in the relegation zone if and when they are liquidated dictates this.

Sadly I don''t think Ipswich are worse than the current bottom three..

unless you count their debt - which is a staggering 10% of ALL football league debt

Too good to go down? Now where have I heard that before? Ippy are psychologically fragile this season and Glittering Jewell especially so. Six points going up in smoke could do for them.

This is true dpit. They did have a good run last month but they are essentially the same team who go on long losing runs. The fact that they can be "up for" games against West Ham but not for those against Forest tells you a lot about the honesty of their players. Then you''v got high earners with murky associates and gambling debts. And if that''s not enough then there''s the massive debt that City1st referred to.

Like Portsmouth they have already been in administration. Like Portsmouth they have a dodgy owner who has no intention of reducing the debt. Like Portsmouth they don''t really own anything to give them strength in negotiations. It seems relegation could be the least of their problems. To think so many of "our fans" on here were jealous and wanted Evans here!

"and wanted Evans here!"As you rarely see a jackel take on another live animal, it was never going to happenThe rotting carcass of poorman road suited him far betterLets just hope that he doesn''t lean on the council to hand over the lease on the ground rather than ''having'' to pull the plug on the paupersThough I''m sure with the way their gates are falling they could easily move in with Colchester

[quote user="dpit"]Too good to go down? Now where have I heard that before? Ippy are psychologically fragile this season and Glittering Jewell especially so. Six points going up in smoke could do for them.[/quote]

I didn''t exactly say that, but more that there just happens to be three teams that are even worse.

I hope you''re right.