Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Korey

I actually think that Korey has the potential to be a better all round midfielder than either Johnson or Crofts. He clearly needed games though and this opporunity should allow the coaching staff to see what he is capable of albeit at a lower level.

I hope he continues to look impressive.

He was pretty fantastic in League One, considering he was thrown into first team action, and played a large chunk of the season. I don''t think he really developed any further in the Championship though, and then got overtaken and had very little game time in the second half of the season.

Was he injured at the beginning of the season? If he wasn''t, was a bit of a surprise he didn''t go out on a season long loan, not sure when he got injured though.

He and Adeyemi both have the potential I think, to be at least squad players for us in the Premiership. Will be interesting to see how Lambert develops the young talent we have here, he''s already showing faith in Rudd and Steer, Francombe, Adeyemi and Smith getting experience out on loan.. I think we could see a few academy products in the first team in the not to distant future.

See, you only have to look in one thread on one other fans forum, to see other teams have negative fans... Why is it all apart from one think he''s worth keeping?

We essentially played him as a wide man at times... In the diamond, on the right hand side, he had to play out wide at times, R.Martin didn''t do it all himself did he...

Surely it''s no more strange than Adeyemi playing right back who I always thought was a centre mid.

Davo

Chris Martin has also been very impressive out on loan at Palace and Matt Ball scored twice in the reserve game yesterday.

The under 25''s in our team our:

Ayala, Bennet, Other Bennet, Pilkington, Martin, Francomb, Smith, Ruddy, Rudd, Steer, Adeyemi, Johnson, Vaughan, Jackson, Howson, Ball, Dawkin.

This is why Norwich have the youngest average age in the league and they all look very good young players.

Away from the Tyke''s keyboard warriors most of them seem to tihnk Korey has been the perfect replacement for the lads they sold in the transfer window.  Apart from last game they have been on a run since he got there, and they reckon it is no coincidence.

Away from the keyboard warriors most Tykes fans actually think he was the ideal replacement for the players they sold in January - he has added a bit of steel to their midfield.  Since his arrival, apart from Saturday, they had beeen on a better run. 

Would love to seem him given a chance in centre mid or holding role. Bags of energy, can tackle and can pass quite well. Shame he won''t get a chance here this season but hopefully next season.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I hope he continues to look impressive.

He was pretty fantastic in League One, considering he was thrown into first team action, and played a large chunk of the season. I don''t think he really developed any further in the Championship though, and then got overtaken and had very little game time in the second half of the season.

Was he injured at the beginning of the season? If he wasn''t, was a bit of a surprise he didn''t go out on a season long loan, not sure when he got injured though.

He and Adeyemi both have the potential I think, to be at least squad players for us in the Premiership. Will be interesting to see how Lambert develops the young talent we have here, he''s already showing faith in Rudd and Steer, Francombe, Adeyemi and Smith getting experience out on loan.. I think we could see a few academy products in the first team in the not to distant future.[/quote]Lambert has not been slow in shipping out players (permanently) he doesn''t think are up to it, or won''t fit in. That would suggest that Smith, Adayemi and Francombe certainly have a future with us. Far better for them to be out ''learning their trade'' than sat about getting the odd reserve game. I don''t think it makes too much difference what league they are playing in as the ridiculous old tosh about ''Premier League experience'' has been blown out of the water by so many of our squad who have stepped up and proved folk wrong.On the question of Chris Martin that looks rather like he has been put in the shop window. Shame if it is the case,  as it would be good to have another youth player coming through, more so him being a local lad

[quote user="NWC"]The Tykes main media guy has just tweeted this...

Thanks to for allowing us Korey Smith for remainder of the season. Great talent, hard worker, nice kid.

[/quote]

Thanks NWC. That''s good to hear. And similar things have been said from people at Oldham about Adeyemi. Along with our other youngsters out on loan they are our players representing our club in a different way. And all you PUPs have contributed to their delelopment[&][Y]

I think its a measure of how good Korey Smith is that hes made such a good impact at Championship Barnsley after being missing for most of the season injured!

I''ve always rated him cause hes always been tenacious, hungry and athletic 3 atributes essential combined with a lot of ability!

I suspect he will be able to do a job for us in the Premiership in midfield or even at RB!