Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Stoke City V Norwich City Official thread

Teams

Norwich

Ruddy,Naughton,Whitbread,Ward, Martin, Pilkington, Johnson, Bennett, Howson, Surman, Holt

Bench; Steer, Morison, Jackson, Hoolahan, Fox, Wilbraham, R Bennett

Hmmm,interesting.

4-5-1       or        4-4-1-1?

Good to see what Howson looks like.

looks like a 1 with bennett off holt. johnson instead of fox for his physicality? howson & johnson looking a little slow at the mo.

attacking bench with wilb, jackson, hoolahan and morison.

[quote user="Making Plans"]So which Match Thread do I use - the "unofficial" match thread or the "unofficial official" match thread[/quote]i don''t put much stock in titles, whichever was first is official to me ;)

Half Time couldnt have come sooner, rather dull match overall. Need to up the pace of the passing a little bit and I think we can cause them some problems.

Keeping things tight which is good, but not enough quality in the middle, maybe Fox and Hoolahan in the second half if it continues.

I''d throw on Morison for Howson and I''d like to see Fox come on as well. We need to start holding the ball up top and creating some threats in midfield!

Well that was a horrible half of football (if you can call it that). Shall we just call it a draw and save my eyes the pain of the second half?

Stoke are ugly, and are dragging us down to a game of hoof ball, i hope we start playing football, and i agree, its going to have to come from a midfield.

I was actually pleased with the first half. It was a completely different game to last week and we are playing the opposition accordingly.

Stoke will look to get up a head of steam and hope something breaks, that is their game, the same but quicker - hoping the opposition faulters.

Lambert on the other hand has myriad options. It just depends on how much he wants to go for the win.

It''s brilliant to see us standing up to sides like this. One-style Swansea were too lightweight but we carry more prescence.

Once again, it looks like we have more up our sleeve than the opposition and have the versatility and tactical nous to play as the opposition demands.

A clean sheet at The Britannia would speak volumes.

I''d love to see the stats for our matches when David Fox hasn''t featured for most of the game, can''t be that good.

Johnson looks like a mistake today.

Not a good performance and a poor goal to concede - v half hearted by ward

Horrible game of football, don''t think I want to see the recap tonight!!!! Stoke play bloody ugly physical football and we just didn''t seem to have an answer to that. Glad this is out of the way

hopefully we can play in a game of football next week, that was more like a war of attrition and not a football match. horrible to watch.

Iv''e said it all season but when neither Fox or Hoolahan are on the pitch we have no midfield. No one else takes the responsibility to show for the ball. We looked like a poor Stoke today.

What else was Ward supposed to do there? He didn''t stand still and wait for the ball, he went in for it, just got beaten to it...

Rubbish game, Norwich, before the last 10, never had more than one attack per 5/10 mins, only had a couple of decent chances. Stoke weren''t good, they just stop the other team from playing, maybe do a couple of decent movements, otherwise its just run down the wing, get the ball in the box. And the throw in the scored from, should have been given to us.... 0-0 should have been the result, how do Stoke benifit from such boring and negative tactics? We were actually better playing the long ball, mean''t Holt and then Wilbraham could get a flick on or two, on the ground, Stoke just castled up and nothing was ever going to get through....