Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

On behalf of my kids

saturday was on behalf of my kids!!!  the stick they both got at school for supporting their local team was unreal, both on many occasions would come home in tears, most of the abuse coming from idiots who didn''t even know where manchester was

so saturday was for them, they were both in manchester - my daughter lives there now, lucky girl!! they were the only city fans in a bar full of man u followers (can''t use the word supporters!) and they outsang them and you can only imagine the pride they felt going into the city of manchester yesterday can''t you!  I am so very proud of them, but sad that they missed seeing it all at FCR

so for all the people who believed in their local team and didn''t take the easy way out

saturday was for you

Nice post.
I know how they feel. I also live in Manchester. Iv been given so much stick at school from all the glory hunting fans mainly Man U, Man City or Liverpool. I never thought i would have beaten them

Yes, well said.  We have had tears too from school.  All the kids want to know why my kids don''t support Chelsea or, even worse, Man Utd!

It must be easy to be a Utd fan - none of this passion/heartbreak/disgust/joy/anger/elation/ etc. etc. etc. that we all experience being a Canary fan

[quote]Yes, well said. We have had tears too from school. All the kids want to know why my kids don''t support Chelsea or, even worse, Man Utd! It must be easy to be a Utd fan - none of this passion/heartb...[/quote]

canary chick

i honestly think i would have disowned my kids had they grown up to be man u fans, not that there was any chance of that!

all they experience is nothing, no games, no real highs, as you say no emotions at all, so no surprise the only time you see them in big numbers is in any shopping precinct up and down the country every saturday afternoon

sad, so sad 

My son (aged 12) has never lived in The Fine city. He has had to take it on trust from his sad old Dad that it reallyis worthwhile investing time, cash (not his yet) and emotion in committing to the Canary cause.

With the majority of his compatriots supporting Man U, Liverpool and Wolves (local team) he too could see what a challenge such a commitment would be, and there was a certain amount of trepidation.

The Millenium stadium changed that, last season confirmed it and Saturday cemented the relationship for life.

He went off to school this morning about 10 feet tall - and all the better for having been there too!

Now he really knows why we spend a week a year in our car travelling to/from football, and he like me can''t wait till next saturday.

Come on you yellers!!!

All the Man U, Chelsea etc fans are all fair weather fans. They sometimes dont know the scores, never know who they are playing and usually couldnt name a line up. I probably know more about their team than they do.

[quote]You have shocked me Gazza, you look far too young for kids![/quote]

rustyboy

how do you know what i look like     lol

my kids are now 24 and 19, i started young and then had extensive plastic surgery