Sign in to follow this  
NCFC198

rob butler, shut it

This man is awful. Horrible bloke who has somehow got a job in radio. The fame has gone to his head. Arrogant little sh!t, spelling his name out telling us he will be that every week. More fool radio Norfolk. On the football side we maybe made some tactical mistakes re lineup. Johnny h showed some positives. Fox should have played or at least come on at 60. We will be back on form next weekend. Great season and this team is good, we will stay up and we will be ready to go again next season.

[quote user="alysha"]I actually like him, am I the only one? [^o)][/quote]No, I think he''s quite good too. You can throw what you like at him.

His arrogance today went to new levels and how patronising was it when he said to the lad on the bus " cheer yourself up with some fast food".

I sincerely hope that radio Norfolk realise that he is a compete tw@t and either get shot of him quickly or give him enough rope so that he metophorically hangs himself.

If you don''t like Butler, don''t listen!

Hes obviously been brought in cause hes completely different from your usual polite, on the fence Radio Norfolk presenter which in my opinion isn''t a bad thing!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

If you don''t like Butler, don''t listen!

Hes obviously been brought in cause hes completely different from your usual polite, on the fence Radio Norfolk presenter which in my opinion isn''t a bad thing!

[/quote]no.. he''s been bought in because he''s cheap

Yet again he''s provoked a reaction and done his job. Admittedly with some on here, it''s like shooting fish in a barrel though...... LOL!

This is such a hard one, i really like the guy, but at the same time i dislike him.

For me, as a person i like him. As a professional radio presenter (Or whatever he is classed as) i''m not too keen.

However, saying that, he''s so early in his career and i admire him trying to stir things up... Norfolk needs it.

I sometimes feel as though he''s not quite being himself and trying a little bit too hard to provoke a reaction, but hey i could be wrong, and if i''m not then it is his job.

At the end of the day he''s one of us, and the only person i would have over him would be Hucks, Or Neil Adams... So with that in mind he''s doing something right.

Ah damn - Just missed us on MOTD typing this lol.

I think he is refreshing - plus had big shoes to fill.

Will read out even the harshest tweets personally directed at him which any other presenter would ignore.

He wasn''t saying that people shouldn''t use message boards, tweet etc but that he respected people more for picking up the phone as it is significantly harder to do.

Seems to also have actually been attracting a ''few'' sane callers to canarycall which can only be a good thing.

Maybe just give him a decent chance.

After seeing this thread, I listened to Canary Call when I got home last night. Can’t see what the OP was on about unless he’s got some sort of agenda against Rob Butler. I thought last night’s show had one excellent caller (Jim) and a few ok and not so ok ones, and then we had stats man (Peter?) at the end.

But Rob can’t control who calls in can he, so he has to do the best with what he’s got.

I think after a shaky start Rob Butler’s improving on Canary Call and although I don’t agree with everything he says, at least he’s prepared to give an opinion.

Rob Butler.....please do continue. A breath of fresh air.....Not exactly ''Talksport'' but, no ''fence sitting shrinking violets'' and those comfy ageing  Raddio Naarfalk farns probably agreed with the thought''s and opinion''s of Mary Whitehouse - and assumed Alf Garnett was for real and should have been deported.....

Cant see what all the fuss is about. I think he calls it as it is. Couldnt agree more about his comments about people harping on about where we have come from. We are where we are on merit and need to move forward as he suggested.

I very rarely listen to Canary Call because I''m either at work or on my way home from the game. It seems Rob Butler splits opinion on this site which is no bad thing. This site is a good refletion of the differences between our fans so I should imagine the phone in is livelier now if this is anything to go by. But we are in the middle of a great period for the club. The test will be when everything in the garden isn''t so rosy. This new Canary Call could be unmissable if the support became split with some baying for the removal of the manager, board or even owners.

It seems Rob Butler is known to some posters on here and an avid city fan. Did he used to post on here?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I very rarely listen to Canary Call because I''m either at work or on my way home from the game. It seems Rob Butler splits opinion on this site which is no bad thing. This site is a good refletion of the differences between our fans so I should imagine the phone in is livelier now if this is anything to go by. But we are in the middle of a great period for the club. The test will be when everything in the garden isn''t so rosy. This new Canary Call could be unmissable if the support became split with some baying for the removal of the manager, board or even owners.

It seems Rob Butler is known to some posters on here and an avid city fan. Did he used to post on here?

[/quote]

On the odd occasion I went home to my mothers home in Redditch they had a Pratt on the local radio BRMB his name was Tony Butler he also made local tv as well, Now he was a pratt of the highest Order, I wonder if they are related. 

Well, I have to say, and this is only my opinion, that he does seem to be a little overfond of his own voice. As my mother used to say, brash and a little rough around the edges, but he does speak in a forthright manner. My only criticism would be about the frequent interuptions he makes to callers before they get to finish making their points.Sometimes I listen, as the radio is such good company, and Canary Call does seem a much livelier progamme for his input.

There''s only one Neil Adams, one Neil Adams, there''s only one Neil Adams..... etc etc.

People need to remember that he''s one of us and 100% City... But if you feel the need to be abusive, carry on as I''m sure he''d rather that than being ignored

Rob Butler is what Radio Norfolk has needed for years. Someone who is totally biased towards Norwich City, much like myself. Someone who thinks Norwich can win every game we play rather than doffing our farmers cap to the ''big boys''. Someone who thinks we should always be in the top flight of English football not treating it as a rare treat our masters have kindly offered us for the day. Someone who wants us to look up rather than down and aspire for Europe not for 17th place. Lambert will be the same even though he might not state that publicly. 

Too long has Radio Norfolk had presenters who were born sitting on a fence. I remember listening to an episode of the Scrimmage last year where one of the pundits belittled 1p5wich to which the presenter responded defending 1p5wich and listing the trophies they had won. I switched off. Rob Butler thinks of 1p5wich as an annoyance, not worthy of mention and when he does mention them he does so pointing out what a pathetic little club they are. That''s what I want to hear when I listen to a Norwich City phone in.

He loves referring to clubs as tin pot. Fabulous! Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, QPR, Fulham, Stoke. Tin pot clubs with awful support outside of the Premier league and except for Stoke they have awful support in the Premier league too.

He''s not the most articulate, wanders off subject all the time and tries to provoke comment but I guess is finding his feet as a presenter as I think previously worked behind the scenes at the BBC.    

I don''t know Rob Butler personally but seems a good sort to me who understands where we have come from and the size of the club and won''t accept second best for Norwich City. He is the antipathy of so many posters on here who dream about 17th place and would probably prefer us to be in the Championship because that''s where little Norwich from the countryside belong. Yes, master.  

[quote user="AndyJR"]There''s only one Neil Adams, one Neil Adams, there''s only one Neil Adams..... etc etc.[/quote]

Andy, you don''t like Rob Butler because he doesn''t allow you to hog Canary Call as Neil ''I can''t give an opinion of my own'' Adams used to.

I''m sure he''s a nice enough guy but what I find annoying is that he likes the sound of his own voice a little too much. Surely people ring up to talk to the footballing expert whoever it is on the day, so the constant interruptions by Rob to the caller and the football expert is annoying.

As people say you don''t have to listen to canary call, so I don''t anymore and listen to Talksport or Radio 5 instead.

I stopped listening to "HALLOOOOoooooo NEEEEEeeeeel duffers Canary Call" on local Radio oddball Snorefolk many moons ago.......SHOCK SOCCER JOCK the ''Boorish Butler'' and his aggressive ''hat he chewed,'' has certainly altered my opinion.....I now plug in my ickle earpieces and toon into a lot more vibrant and opinionated post-match radio prog......because it also makes me have a little chuckle and has just about eliminated the inane and anal ''I wasn''t at the game today Neil....but''......boring brigade.

It may not be refreshing to some, but then again, some orv thuz hin Naarfcuk......''Dunt loike chaa....hange!''....''BOR!''

I like how he hates the "small club" mentality that some people still have; Norwich shouldn''t be afraid of anyone now.

I never listen to Canary call as i am often drinking gin at the time and gin and canary call just would never work in my opinion, however from listening to you guys i think he seems like just what Canary Call needed someone with a strong personality who says it how he feels. Good thing in my eyes. The moaners on here are just the ones that disagree with his views. But having differing views is not a bad thing.

So is he not a Naaarfcuk bor then? Does he not speak with our embarrassing accent? He''s not slow like us naaaarfcuk bors. Is he plastic? Is he a wannabe? or a gladhesnot?

I''m sure he''s ok really. But us slow witted naarfcuk bors don''t like change....