Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Sorry i know its been done before but Zak Whitbread's contract

Is he out of contract this summer or next? i know lambo said earlier in the season he wanted to sign him up on a new one but all then went quiet. Despite his injury record this guy is not someone we should be allowing to walk away. he and Ayala/Bennett could potentially be a great CB partnership.

The guy has been absolute class this season. He and Ayala look great, plus friends who are Posh ST holders say that Bennett is cast iron England material, so we need to get Zak resigned.

I think it''s this summer Jim. And it''s a very important contract for the player. As I said on the other thread, before it was spoiled, It''s my best guess that both player and club would like to be sure which league we will be playing in next season before negotiations can progress. It will surely be thye Premier League but I guess that has to be certain.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Will Archant supply the readers of  this site an answer regarding Whitbread''s contract situation or will the vow of silence remain in tact?[/quote]

Wouldn''t we be better obtaining the information from the club?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Will Archant supply the readers of  this site an answer regarding Whitbread''s contract situation or will the vow of silence remain in tact?[/quote]

Not too sure what you are implying here Tangible.All sounds a bit sinister if you are to be believed as i assume you have grounds to think a conspiracy is taking place?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Not too sure what you are implying here Tangible.All sounds a bit sinister if you are to be believed as i assume you have grounds to think a conspiracy is taking place?

[/quote]

Something to do with this ''in tact'' business maybe?

Remember no clue should be ignored........

OTBC

quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?"Will Archant supply the readers of  this site an answer regarding Whitbread''s contract situation or will the vow of silence remain in tact?/quoteTo be fair it''s a bit odd none of the local journas have asked the question, perhaps they know the world is ending this year and they see no point in asking about his contract as there is just no point! Or perhaps they have asked and none of us remember, try asking in the next live debate

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Conspiracy? I like conspiracies [:D]

[quote user="fellowyellow"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Answered (sort of) in today''s Q&A[/quote]

My browser at work doesn''t show any answers on the link given. Why what was said ?

[/quote]
David Cuffley:........
"Questions

about contract talks tend to get dead-batted by the manager, Loz,

because he always wants to concentrate on the next match, then the one

after that. Experience suggests we won''t get an answer - the first we''ll

know is when it appears on the club website."
Michael Bailey:........
"It''s not been put to Zak yet, I don''t think. But it is on my list for the next time he''s put in front of me.As David says, PL has deadbatted all questions over contracts so far." I don''t thank those replies will do much to alleviate Tangy''s conspiracy theories. Methinks a private audience with Mr Bowkett will be the next step. I know my corporate law you see........

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="fellowyellow"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Answered (sort of) in today''s Q&A
[/quote]

My browser at work doesn''t show any answers on the link given. Why what was said ?

[/quote]

David Cuffley:........

"Questions about contract talks tend to get dead-batted by the manager, Loz, because he always wants to concentrate on the next match, then the one after that. Experience suggests we won''t get an answer - the first we''ll know is when it appears on the club website."

Michael Bailey:........

"It''s not been put to Zak yet, I don''t think. But it is on my list for the next time he''s put in front of me.

As David says, PL has deadbatted all questions over contracts so far."

I don''t thank those replies will do much to alleviate Tangy''s conspiracy theories. Methinks a private audience with Mr Bowkett will be the next step. I know my corporate law you see........

[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I hope a deal is either already done or imminent. I would have thought it was a very risky game leaving contract talks so late. 

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]More here
[/quote]

Thanks for the link. Interesting reading. Sounds like Zak would be happy to stay. Let''s hope his agent isn''t looking elsewhere.

[quote user="fellowyellow"]

[/quote]

Thanks for the link. Interesting reading. Sounds like Zak would be happy to stay. Let''s hope his agent isn''t looking elsewhere.

[/quote]

It sounds more like the club are wondering whether to extend the contract of a player with an unfortunate injury record. Especially with the arrival or Ryan Bennett.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="fellowyellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It sounds more like the club are wondering whether to extend the contract of a player with an unfortunate injury record. Especially with the arrival or Ryan Bennett.

[/quote]

Agreed. I would have thought Zak would get a contract elsewhere easily enough though, especially on a Bosman.

Football is finally starting to feel the economic pinch too, IMHO. I suspect the club wants to ensure it''s Premier League status before talking about new contracts.

It may also be the case the Lambert wants to free up a few spaces for new players next season.

Should be doing everything we can to get Zak signed up again. Quality left footed, centre backs are incredibly hard to come by. I haven''t actually been as convinced by Ayala as others have. So Bennett and Zak would be my first choice pairing.

[quote user="Jacko"]

Should be doing everything we can to get Zak signed up again. Quality left footed, centre backs are incredibly hard to come by. I haven''t actually been as convinced by Ayala as others have. So Bennett and Zak would be my first choice pairing.

[/quote]I agree completely. I was undecided about him in the past but every time I''ve seen Zak this season, he has been superb.

[quote user="Jacko"]

[/quote]

I''m with you on Ayala. Good on the ball but shakey defensively. Luckily he''s been playing alongside Whitbread who has been excellent.

A few months ago I was wondering if Zak would be here beyond his current contract because of his injury problems but I''d be surprised if his good form hasn''t been enough to get him a new deal.

The money spent on Bennett hopefully suggests he''ll be a very good player for us but I''ll wait for him to prove himself in a Norwich shirt first.

Agree entirely on Bennett that he will obviously have to prove himself. Lambert has shown by putting Wilbers ahead of Morison that he is not afraid to drop players down the pecking order regardless of transfer fee. But to spend £3.5 million on player is massive for us and that player should be commanding a place in the first team. Otherwise the transfer has been failure.

Zak W may be looking for a last pay day and at 28 there are not too many more.  Expect his agent to be looking elsewhere for a bigger package than City are prepared to offer.  But remember around 50 appearances in 3 years not a good record and however we may feel ZW a good defender City''s Prem defensive record not good.  ZW''s options may be limited in the Prem cannot see other Prem teams prepared to offer lucrative salary for an injury prone defender, maybe a Leicester would offer silly salary but maybe not, City''s offer may be the best on offer so Zak the grass may be greenest where you are.