Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Its nice to see the Glory Hunters back

The Glory hunters are back !

Not since the end of last season have i seen so many Norwich tops being worn around the City. The sight of them has gradually been dwindling away the longer the season has gone on. Low & behold...City beat Manure which adds hope of staying up & all of a sudden theres a mass of Green n Yellow being worn...Ummmmmmmmmmmm

Who gives a **** If they support the club & buy the merchandise why should anyone have a problem with that. I was in Dereham yesterday afternoon & saw NCFC shirts all over the place & it makes me proud. Me & my boys barely go our without wearing something to do with the Club does that make us glory hunters or just damn proud of our club?

What we always have is posters on pinkun claiming that they''re a ''real fan'' and that everyone else bar Dumbledelia, 1st wizard etc are just glory hunters and not proper fans.

Nobody that supports norwich, whether they go to every game or picks up the results on ceefax can be called a glory hunter.

have to disagree with your there twosheds.   If someone has paid £40 for a shirt then who cares when they wear it.   Personally I wear mine all the time and I live in Stevenage, I even have a baseball cap and training jacket that I also wear all the time.  I just take the stick when we are doing badly.   However I can understand some people busting them out of the cupboard when we win especially against Manure.

You always get one I would say it makes you & your boys genuine supporters like any of us who ALWAYS wear the colours. Im not ashamed to wear my kit win, lose or draw. NOT just after beating Manure!

Twosheds this might suprise you but... Spot on!  Great post.  I have always and always will wear my colours with pride.  Whether we play Man Utd or Macclesfield.  It''s a shame some fans only like to sing when we''re winning 

[quote]The Glory hunters are back ! Not since the end of last season have i seen so many Norwich tops being worn around the City. The sight of them has gradually been dwindling away the longer the season ha...[/quote]

So if I wear it tomorrow when I go into the city (first time since getting back from Brum), will that classify me as a glory hunter? I think not. I wear a shirt proudly in Brum whenever I can - I get a bit of stick, but who cares?

IMO the city is a happier place when loads of people are wearing yellow and green, so why not?

As an afterthought, perhaps you have a point....it would be interesting to know how many of those wearing Norwich shirts at the moment also have a Man U shirt...I can imagine there are a few! 

[quote]The Glory hunters are back ! Not since the end of last season have i seen so many Norwich tops being worn around the City. The sight of them has gradually been dwindling away the longer the season ha...[/quote]

we are moaning again even after we beat manure lets look forward to the next match and stop moaning .

come on you yellows

Glory Hunter or Gloria Hunniford!!! Who cares? It''s just fantastic to see all the shirts being worn with pride! Took the missus and kids to Eaton Park yesterday, and there was an abundance of shirts being worn by young & old, male & female. Enjoy! OTBC ;~)  

What a cynical post from twosheds, have you thought for a second that it might be because the weather''s nice and you can get away with wearing a footy shirt when it''s sunny?

I, personally, rarely wear a city shirt over the winter months because,

A) I have more style these days than to be seen in public wearing short sleeves over Long (not the case in the 90''s i admit), and

B) Yelow suits spring far better than it does the winter months, hence our traditional Christmas slump.

It doesn''t matter at all when someone wears their strip! If they wear them when we win then so be it! Some people dont feel the need to wear NCFC gear all the time, some do, different people different ways of going about things, different situations. People who dont life in Norwich or Norfolk may feel it more neccessary to let people know where their allegience lies, others in Norwich or norfolk may not. What someone wears and when doesn''t make them a glory hunter or any more or less of a fan.

A true glory hunter doesn''t have a team at all, they just follow the "glory", they are not a true fan of any team. They just go for the excitement of winning, the atmosphere, comradery, group mentality and as soon as that''s gone, so are they! So you really have to know someone to be able to judge them properly as a glory hunter, it cant be done at face value.

I have one Norwich top and wear it on game days only, so it keeps in good condition, does that make me a glory hunter? I think not, but to someone who only see''s me wearing every know and again, and then ofcourse at times when we win, they may think so.

[quote]Who gives a **** If they support the club & buy the merchandise why should anyone have a problem with that. I was in Dereham yesterday afternoon & saw NCFC shirts all over the place & it m...[/quote]

Dereham is where I live!

We always go into the City before a match and always wear our shirts. The kids have both got coats, hats, gloves, bags so we always have something on yellow and green!

Come on you Yellows

[quote]What we always have is posters on pinkun claiming that they''re a ''real fan'' and that everyone else bar Dumbledelia, 1st wizard etc are just glory hunters and not proper fans. Nobody that supports n...[/quote]

agree with you why do these so called norwich die hards make themselfs out to be bigger supporters than all the rest of us .allways seems to me they only start mouthing when we have beaten one of the big boys.city till i die.

I don''t give a hoot for all the glory hunter nonsense. The fact that I''ve been supporting for 32 years and attended nearly 500 matches makes me niether a better nor worse supporter than anyone else. I now find it very hard to get tickets because my journey for a home game is a round 320 miles and I can''t plan to get there in advance suffieciently to grab a casual ticket. Now maybe if I were inclined a certain way I would put that down to glory hunters making it harder for me. But actually I delight that so many want a piece of the action, I love seeing the ground full, the interest increasing, the sense of excitement at times like Cardiff 02 and last May. If someone wants to support City I will welcome them into the fold and hope that whatever their reason for doing so they may be like me and supporting our marvellous club in 30 years'' time too!

Well who would have thought it,me & DD agreeing on something after a year! Who knows,one day i might agree with one of your posts. Nice to have you onside for once DD. Long may it continue.

I saw someone wearing a shirt at work today... and thats in Bedford!

I told him thats a brilliant shirt he''s got on, and he said yeah but he doesn''t get to too many games anymore... in fact, he hasn''t been to a game in five years.

I enjoyed telling him all about the game on Saturday and how he should have been there - then I showed him the photo on my mobile phone of Delia and the board on the pitch at Portman Road at the end of the game against the scum last season 

(I was chanting ''loyal supporter'' to myself in my head)

I admit I am a glory hunter - but the only problem with supporting city is that I dont seem to find it very often.

I am keen for the club to keep as many fans as possible an all this talk of real fans is relative - XXXL16 hardly GOES to many games but he is as dedicated as anyone on these boards - who is the truer fans - one who never misses a game but gets on the back of players and calls for managerial sackings every 2nd game or one who watches from afar and follows snippeys of info where they can but does so through thick and thin?

Tiresome and boring - lets all just wallow in the glory that is humiliating the dominant team of the last decade....

OTBC

would you rather they walked around in man u or chelsea shirts?

they can''t all be martyrs to the cause.

i''m sure if you gave them a stick they''d willingly beat themselves with it until they bleed yellow and green blood blah blah blah