Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

A V B S A C K E D

Trolling - latest odds and ........ Lambert not appearing yet!

AVB though - out of his depth and arrogant as others have said.  Lose the dressing room at your peril.

Bit like Capello, really, in an impossible job, surrounded by arrogant, past-it players who think they run the team, and actually do.

Chelsea are no different from any other company where many successive managerial appointments fail . Ultimately you have to question the competence of whoever is doing the appointing. If it had just been one Stamford Br manager who''d under-performed and been sacked over a relatively short period of time, then you could put it down to bad luck, but there have been 6 in six years now. So, you have to ask whether Abramovich (or whoever does his dirty work) really knows what he''s doing.

This is always the problem when one individual has a monopolistic, dictatorial control over a football club . The rumours are that Abramovich was mezddling behind the scenes, and effectively preventing AVB from doing his job properly. Whatever our view are on him, his position had become completely untenable.

Ridiculous appointing a young and relatively inexperienced manager and expecting him to deliver at the highest level without large scale investment and time to build his own team in his own style.AVB should have been more radical when he joined. Sacked the old guard and been allowed to buy his own team, whatever the cost.  That is what Man City have done - and even they are not guaranteed the title, with Man Utd still snapping at their heels.Chelsea look ridiculous now.

They needed to give AVB this season to do whatever it took to start rebuilding that side, team and squad. That would have included giving him the final say on who goes out and who he wanted to come in. His and his alone.

Then they would have had to have written the season off. No pressure, not expecting a trophy, won''t be sacked if you don''t win one. Go for CL qualification, even so, if we slip out of the top 4, you''ll stay put. This season is about a new squad and culture at the club.

Players like Terry and Lampard needed to be given the old heave ho. There would be, there still will be, plenty of takers for both. But both players-and some more-are part of the tail that is wagging the Chelsea dog. Drogba as well. The three of them think they are above the club, that they are the club. They''ve had the hump since Mourinho left and no bugger has had a chance since, the next one won''t either-unless its Mourinho. And I get the feeling it just might be-because anyone else would be coming into a club with just the same problems and issues that AVB had.

A shambles. You''d like to think people will learn from this-but I doubt it. As for AVB-I bet he wins the CL as a Manager before Chelsea do.

The Chelsea dressing room is like a 1970''s industrial union - full of shop stewards. Chelsea need renewal and Abramovic has to support his manager, however, perhaps AVB was too much revolution and not enough evolution.

[quote user="Largey24"]I can get 6 letters, can anyone improve? ...oh wait, this isn''t Countdown?[/quote]

So is it Harry to Chelsea now then

[quote user="Ernie"]Writing was on the wall[/quote]

Put there by terry and lampard??

Avb was unpleasant but when will clubs realise that big players don''t know best? Shearer did so well at toon didn''t he. Same here. Leave the managers to do their jobs and ignore the media friendlyself absorbed parasites of players who have a disproportionate sense of self worth.

Good luck the next manager who must start by shifting the old gaurd

[quote user="Largey24"]I can get 6 letters, can anyone improve?

...oh wait, this isn''t Countdown?[/quote][Y] [:D]I can only get "Saved".

Another reason I''m glad we haven''t gone after any big name or marquee signings - I should think the QPR dressing room is about as helpful as the Chelsea one with all those overblown egos squeezed into a small space. Blackburn had to get rid of Samba after he turned toxic.  Radio 5 pundits suggested that players are now effectively running clubs, or at least are the most influential off-pitch factors in terms of club success/failure.

"surrounded by arrogant, past-it players who think they run the team"who once told avb to belt upunfortunately he misunderstood the meaning of their words

At least i won''t have to hear his name badly pronounced for a while.

couldn''t stand the bloke when he dissed sir paul at stamford bridge but second time around at carrow he was much more respectful and showed a bit of humility.. i feel sorry for anyone who has to manage john terry and ashley cole ... they sum up everything that is wrong with football and i think JT will meet an untimely end through didgy circumstances before he reaches old age [:D]

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Largey24"]I can get 6 letters, can anyone improve? ...oh wait, this isn''t Countdown?[/quote]

[/quote]

Not after getting thrashed at home by ManUre - think now FA are already tearing up that offer letter.  Pulis for England.

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Not after getting thrashed at home by ManUre - think now FA are already tearing up that offer letter.  Pulis for England.

[/quote]He''d get us playing to our strengths - lump it forward, muscle the opposition, argue, shout and point a lot.  We didn''t build an empire on technique, we built it on the bulldog spirit.

They should give dimatteo a chance

With MK dons he almost got them promoted from

League 1 despite them being relegation favourites

He took WBA back to the perm and then was very harshly sacked

It will be interesting to see what he does between now and may

Latest odds on lambert vary between 20/1 and 50/1 depending on the bookie

Odds on Brendan rogers start lower at 16/1!

AVB was hired on the back of 1 good season with Porto in the hope he would be the next Jose mourinhoManagers often make Panic buys but was AVB a "panic hire" by Abramovic? the signs might point to yes, given Chelseas perceived lack of "success" in recent seasons and Abramovic not wanting to play 2nd fiddle to the billionaires at Man City...Is AVB a bad manager? who knows... 1good season and 1 bad season indicates he is an indifferent manager... is he big club material? as a neutral i''d say no.. not yet.. AVB could do with going to a Sunderland, a Newcastle.. perhaps even a Norwich sized club and proving his worth.. 2 or 3 seasons of improvement and a cup win would put him up there in contention for a top club role.for Chelsea and their fans they need to wake up to reality.. 21 years ago they were in the 2nd tier of English football... 10 years ago they were a mid table premiership side... Chelsea had their success and got stuck in that mentality.an ageing squad (Terry, Lampard, Cole, Drogba) need breaking up and the older heads selling on. The goalkeeper hasnt been the same since his head injury and sentiment plays no part in football.what Chelsea fans also need to realise is that the money doesnt necessarily buy the success... they have had their seasons in the sun... for the majority of their stay in the top flight since their return in 1991 they have been happy to settle for top half... the last 5 or 6 years has been nice for them... but until the right kind of manager comes in and breaks up the dressing room then Chelsea will soon return to mid table mediocrity...the concern of course comes when Abramovic decides he doesnt want a mid table side and takes his money and runs... then the real trouble and the slide down the leagues begins with a club who cant afford to pay the egos who have taken the success away from the fans.

You can''t have players "ganging up" on the manager and having a better relationship with the owner than they have with their immediate boss. Whoever the manager was, that would be an impossible situation to deal with. I can''t see why any of the top European managers would wish to go there now, even for a shedload of money.

An excellent posting, Jas, and one that sums up my feelings about Chelsea and Abramovich, more or less word for word.

Chelsea are, and always have been ,a second rate club , with occasional fifteen minutes of fame to lift the general mediocrity . To talk about them in the same breath as the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd, is farcical.

Clearly Abramovich is not short of cash, but I''m not sure even he realises the scale and cost of the rebuilding job required right now. Like you, I just wonder, when that reality dawns on him , whether he''ll suddenly get bored , pull the plug,and move on to his latest fad.

On the subject of chairmen and owners

getting too involved in squad matters, did anybody see the QPR documentary last

night after MOTD2? In contained a very insightful example of this during a

reserve match when Flavio Briatore ordered Iain Dowie to direct more balls to a

certain player to try him out, he actually dismissed Dowie from the directors

box back to the touchline, before criticizing other players.

He clearly thought he should be telling

Dowie what to do on the pitch, not realizing it has nothing to do with him and

that he should concentrate on PR and money etc. To be fair to Dowie we

overheard him talking to his number two afterwards that he wasn’t happy about

it. Dowie was sacked not long after.

But my point is that Abramavich surely does

the same and should not be involved in that side of things. He clearly puts his

ego before the good of the club, who should be running in second place given

the fact they have the second biggest budget after Man City. Their current

predicament is a clear result of his over involvement. He should have left AVB

to do what he sees fit, which should have meant dropping Lampard and Terry to

train with the youth team and concentrating on building a squad of un-egocentic

players who want to play for the club, and not just themselves.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"] the concern of course comes when Abramovic decides he doesnt want a mid table side and takes his money and runs... [/quote]Not a concern for me - bring it on