Sign in to follow this  
Mutley

Llorente - a bit special

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="spencer 1970"]The other strange fact is that all of the starting line up and subs for Bilbao are from the Basque country, amazing in this day and age...has a Norwich team ever been solely mad up of Norfolk lads? I bet not. Even in 1905.[/quote]its not a strange fact, its in the clubs make up that they are only allowed to sign basque players... they have never had a foreigner play for them.If they make the champions league and win the Copa Del Rey that says something!we need to be scouring Cawston for talent now![/quote]Apart from Venezuelan Fernando Amorebieta, who is in there current squad?[/quote]CD Amorebieta''s parents are Basque but he was born in Venezeula. The family moved to basque county when he was young. He has also played for the Spanish U21 but decided to play for Venezuela internationally.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="spencer 1970"]The other strange fact is that all of the starting line up and subs for Bilbao are from the Basque country, amazing in this day and age...has a Norwich team ever been solely mad up of Norfolk lads? I bet not. Even in 1905.[/quote]its not a strange fact, its in the clubs make up that they are only allowed to sign basque players... they have never had a foreigner play for them.If they make the champions league and win the Copa Del Rey that says something!we need to be scouring Cawston for talent now![/quote]Apart from Venezuelan Fernando Amorebieta, who is in there current squad?[/quote]CD Amorebieta''s parents are Basque but he was born in Venezeula. The family moved to basque county when he was young. He has also played for the Spanish U21 but decided to play for Venezuela internationally.[/quote]Yes, I am aware of that. Born in Venezuela and obviously considers himself Venezuelian.

I did put earlier in the thread that the rules on ''being Basque'' have been relaxed slighty.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="spencer 1970"]The other strange fact is that all of the starting line up and subs for Bilbao are from the Basque country, amazing in this day and age...has a Norwich team ever been solely mad up of Norfolk lads? I bet not. Even in 1905.[/quote]its not a strange fact, its in the clubs make up that they are only allowed to sign basque players... they have never had a foreigner play for them.If they make the champions league and win the Copa Del Rey that says something!we need to be scouring Cawston for talent now![/quote]Apart from Venezuelan Fernando Amorebieta, who is in there current squad?[/quote]CD Amorebieta''s parents are Basque but he was born in Venezeula. The family moved to basque county when he was young. He has also played for the Spanish U21 but decided to play for Venezuela internationally.[/quote]Yes, I am aware of that. Born in Venezuela and obviously considers himself Venezuelian.

I did put earlier in the thread that the rules on ''being Basque'' have been relaxed slighty.[/quote]I wouldn''t exactly consider him foreign. Born in Venezuela yes, however he lived there only for 2 years and since that point in time has been a Spanish citizen. He took up Venezuela citizenship when he decided to play for Venezuela and eventually made it back there after 20 years of never setting foot on Venezuelan soil.

I think the rules now are that they must either have been born there, or grown up there for a certain amount of time. So not all that different to how players are now legitimised to play for countries other than the one they were born in.

[quote user="Aggy"]I think the rules now are that they must either have been born there, or grown up there for a certain amount of time. So not all that different to how players are now legitimised to play for countries other than the one they were born in.[/quote]Snippet From WikiAthletic official policy is signing professional players native to the greater Basque Country, including Biscay, Guipúzcoa, Álava and Navarre (in Spain); and Labourd, Soule and Lower Navarre (in France).

Still, in recent times, this policy has been somewhat relaxed and

players with direct Basque ancestry or with no Basque ancestry but

formed in Basque clubs have played for the team.

Ok, i''m always wrong, always contradict myself, spend all day every day sitting at my computer playing Football manager and posting crap on the Pinkun. Thanks for summing up my life for me, good to know someone who doesn''t have the first idea about me knows more about me than I do.

Just leave me alone for goodness sake, your pathetic.

As for the more words, thats how I write. Its how I write essays, its how I write posts on forums, it probably means I do contradict myself slightly, but its an internet forum, its not as simply to convey your full opinion as it would be speaking to someone.

* Sorry for calling you pathetic, that was wrong of me. Neither of us know each other, and don''t need to bring in any kind of personal (or even potentially conceived as personal) comments, but in my opinion when you reply to me, more often than not, thats what your doing. If you really think I talk so much rubbish, why don''t you just ignore my posts? I certainly ignore a couple of other posters on here because of stuff they have posted in the past...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I was hoping you wouldn''t notice that :P[/quote]As long as Wilbraham doesn''t feel left out then it''s all good!!

[quote user="Gingerpele"][ if even say Newcastle offered Bilbao the £17.5 million (which they could easily afford, if their owner didn''t eat it all up),[/quote]

You obviously haven''t read The Sun today then. Mike Ashley is making newcastle a finicaially stable club. With losses last year of only £4m. Better to be debt free than a player up. Yeah Newcastle sold a few players for about £40m but they spent wisely and are still pushing for a Euro place.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

You obviously haven''t read The Sun today then.

[/quote]What a shocking state of affairs. Sort it out GP.