Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Anyone else ENJOY the game?

I did, yeah we drew to bottom of the league and that shouldn''t ever happen to a newly promoted team who are aiming for a top half finish!

End to end, plenty of shots all round good sunday entertainment. Although i''d prefer a 3pm Saturday!

It''s difficult to enjoy a game where your side are playing poorly, getting dominated on possession, and generally made to look very average by the side sitting bottom in the relegation zone.Compare that performance to the one against Man Utd and it was worlds apart, we just didn''t seem bothered today apart from a couple of 10 minute spells Wigan were much better and if it wasn''t for poor finishing would have took the points IMO.Why do we generally look poor when we''re on TV?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]It''s difficult to enjoy a game where your side are playing poorly, getting dominated on possession, and generally made to look very average by the side sitting bottom in the relegation zone.[/quote]Well said.  Today was like trying to enjoy an airport security cavity search.

I thought there was a real lack of commitment today. Wigan are awful and we were equally awful today. They had more of the game because they wanted it a bit more. The goal we conceded came from Surman bottling it in the middle of the park.

I said to my mate during the game, that I thought this must be quite a good,  open, game for the neutral to watch, but as I am a City fan I couldn''t give a s***, and wanted us to do whatever it took, to grab 3 points.

If you like suspense, this game had loads of it. After scoring we soon started to look shaky, and it became obvious that one goal won''t be enough, then after Wigan''s equaliser it could have gone either way. So I agree with the OP, that from the point of drama it was a good game. It''s another issue what  we would have loved to see much more.