Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Lucky to Get a draw

Today I felt that we were lucky to get a draw. We didnt play that bad but we could have played alot better. If Wigan strikers had finished better we would have lost the game we should be stronger at home! I am not moaning and am pleased for the point but do feel that we have to up our game. Lambert will not always get it right but he''s a damn good manager and us served us well thus far. We have not crossed the finishing line yet although I am confident we will, but there''s still tough games to come.

Based on our missed chances (such as Holt''s and Moro''s headers) we could still have easily won it -- given Wigan''s inefficiency in attack. It was an encounter of two equally nervous sides, which is surprising given the difference in league position.  Being favourites obviously does not favour us.[:)]

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Based on our missed chances (such as Holt''s and Moro''s headers) we could still have easily won it -- given Wigan''s inefficiency in attack. It was an encounter of two equally nervous sides, which is surprising given the difference in league position.  Being favourites obviously does not favour us.[:)]
[/quote]

Wolves will come with the same game plan and we have to take the game to them like we did at their place or we could end up without a point.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that their goal was down to Surman not making any effort to tackle. He just did not go for it at all.

I agree with that we were lucky. And Surman didn''t cover himself in glory he should have just got in the way and taken one for the team as some others did later on. We just weren''t at the races today, far too narrow and defensive, improved slightly when Bennett etc came on. In my opinion we will need width against Newcastle and Wolves and not just set up to not get beaten but go at them, however I am not and never will be a premier league manager ala Lambert and he may well think otherwise.