Sign in to follow this  
Lingo

Away season ticket

[quote user="lappinitup"]Why not ring the club. They may know....[/quote]As i am sure someone on here would too. Posting on here is also a cheaper option and something easier to do for those at work atm or those without a few mins on their hands

[quote user="lappinitup"]Why not ring the club. They may know....[/quote]You remind of Mrs Jessop who used to live in Chipping Cleghorn, dear. She would never help anyone either.

[quote user="Miss Jane Marple"][quote user="lappinitup"]Why not ring the club. They may know....[/quote]You remind of Mrs Jessop who used to live in Chipping Cleghorn, dear. She would never help anyone either.[/quote]As no-one had answered the poor guy and I didn''t know the answer, I gave him the best information available to me at the time. And as for Mrs Jessop, at least she found a husband dear. [<:o)]

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]£20, then however much the tickets cost.[/quote]Can you explain how this works. If you buy an away season ticket can you just pay this £20 then buy the tickets for the games you can attend, or do you then have to pay for each ticket, even if you cannot go? I assume it''s the second option, wish there was an option like the first one

It''s £20, £10 for kids and you give the club your debit card details. They take your cash and post out the tickets for every away game. If you can''t make it tell them in advance but once you miss 3 games that''s the end of your season ticket. It works well and you always get good seats!!

I thought you could miss 5 games? Could be wrong, but yep has worked well for me this season, brilliant atmosphere every time.

An expensive way to follow your team but so worth it if you are living in exile.

I miss my away season ticket living in the Midlands it was much easier for me to have one of those than a home season ticket. It does cost you ££££££''s though and I mean serious cash.

I think they dropped the requirement down to three this season could be wrong though.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]I miss my away season ticket living in the Midlands it was much easier for me to have one of those than a home season ticket. It does cost you ££££££''s though and I mean serious cash. I think they dropped the requirement down to three this season could be wrong though. Davo[/quote]

I almost took out an Away S/T  a couple of years ago but as you say serious money like 2or 3 away in a month, something like £150 a month I take my hat off to those who have them I''ll stick my home S/T and the one off away ticket if I get hold of one  

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]£20, then however much the tickets cost.[/quote]Can you explain how this works. If you buy an away season ticket can you just pay this £20 then buy the tickets for the games you can attend, or do you then have to pay for each ticket, even if you cannot go? I assume it''s the second option, wish there was an option like the first one[/quote]

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Davo"]I miss my away season ticket living in the Midlands it was much easier for me to have one of those than a home season ticket. It does cost you ££££££''s though and I mean serious cash. I think they dropped the requirement down to three this season could be wrong though. Davo[/quote]

I almost took out an Away S/T  a couple of years ago but as you say serious money like 2or 3 away in a month, something like £150 a month I take my hat off to those who have them I''ll stick my home S/T and the one off away ticket if I get hold of one  

[/quote]

It is great fun and as I can mainly only get tickets for home games in the sleepy moany Jarrold stand I do find away games a lot more fun.

I would say though the last time we were in the Prem I think it cost me and my dad about a total of about 2 grand inc beer, travel etc. We did have a car share for some of the time and we didn''t go to Chelsea (£40 at the time). It might be cheaper and easier if you''re coming from Norwich and use club cabbage but that still makes it expensive when you''re talking £50 or £60 a match.

Davo

Out of interest totted up the prices for away games this season. For an adult ticket:

Wigan £20

Chelsea £47/£50

Bolton £22

Man Utd £43/£52

Liverpool £44

Aston Villa £40

Man City £38/£40

Everton £31/£34/£36

Wolves £24/£28

QPR £30/£35

West Brom £29

West Brom cup £15

Sunderland £29

Swansea £35

Stoke £25

Newcastle £26

Fulham £35

Spurs £35/£40

Blackburn (likely) £29

Arsenal (likely) £35

£632 if choosing only the lowest prices, £665 max, for tickets alone. Add on another £30 of McNasty Tax to that as well (20*£1.50) let alone the transport/beer costs. Even more expensive next season if West Ham and Southampton replace Wigan and Bolton.

Respect to anyone who does them all! Will only have missed four away games this season but don''t have an AST myself as in group 2 and prefer the freedom to be able to get extra tickets for others as and when.

Ive had an Away ST for about 6/7 years. They are good, and very useful when living away (I live near sheffield).

Never missed more than 1 a season, so ideal.

You can also ask for additional tickets for one off games to be included no problem - normally get two, but got three for Newcastle...

Best thing is you always get a seat where you want, back row middle for me, every game!

Pricey - I spend about 2.5-3k a year on football/fuel, but worth every penny for games like swansea, liverpool, yeovil, hartlepool etc.. ;o)

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Miss Jane Marple"][quote user="lappinitup"]Why not ring the club. They may know....[/quote]You remind of Mrs Jessop who used to live in Chipping Cleghorn, dear. She would never help anyone either.[/quote]As no-one had answered the poor guy and I didn''t know the answer, I gave him the best information available to me at the time. And as for Mrs Jessop, at least she found a husband dear. [<:o)][/quote]She did indeed my dear. After some time it became apparent that the poor woman was never in a position to help her neighbours as her brute of a husband was too free with his fists if you get my meaning. Not a nice thing to talk about.Thankfully remaining a spinster has meant I have not had to deal with the pitfalls that many marriages suffer. I have also been blessed to witness many happy ones too. I think of my many god daughters and sons who have produced a bounty of off-spring for me to spoil over the years.

For anyone thinking of getting one, be aware that any away cup games count in your ticket.

And the limit is definitely 5 cancellations.

[quote user="Miss Jane Marple"]Thankfully remaining a spinster has meant I have not had to deal with the pitfalls that many marriages suffer. [/quote]Never say never dear. I think Wiz may have his eye on you! Nice chap..........

Lol

I hear that Wiz is an angel when compared to some and easily taken care of.

What a beautiful day it is oop North today. How is it in ChippingCleghorn Jane?

As a former home season ticket home/switcher to the away season ticket holder I''ll give you the pro''s and con''s from my perspective.

Pro''s.

The bulk of the away fans are the core of the huum fans so the atmosphere is so much better.

If you are London based fan (like me) averaged out, your travel will cost less (IF you are a capital canary member).

If you have done the huum thing for a while (30+ years like me) maybe needed change is welcomed.

Even though you were born within Norwich borders its unlikely you will get called a "glory hunter" (which with a cockney accent is quite laughable given the teams a cockney could choose over NCFC) ;0)

Con''s.

The likelihood of us wining is lowered.

You have to take cup tickets \FA/CC/the lot...

You have 5 "defaults" to "opt out" of games.

IF NOT all the game ticket costs come straight off your card...job done...if not...You shouldn''t have bought one/two.

OTBC