Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

Squeaky Bum Time??

Am I the only person thats losing sleep over our remaining fixtures?

4 points is now required to hit 40, but preferably we''d like more for it to be guarenteed.

As we showed yesterday, we have to step up against the small teams, as games such as Wolves and Blackburn now don''t look s appealling. Then there''s the big teams, where we perform we but are unlucky; such as remaining teams Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs.

I personally am now worrying that our only chance of getting those points is against the likes of Newcastle, Fulham, Everton, Villa.

Of course, we''ve come so far and it is great that we are in a good position, but still, there''s 10 games to go and anything can happen.

Thoughts?

Anything can happen in this league. We are definately not safe yet. We are currently on our longest winless streak since Paul Lambert took over and we are heading into our most difficult run of fixtures, not a good combination. If we mess this up from the position we are in then quite frankly we would deserve to go down. However I think we can sneak one more win from somewhere and pick up a couple of draws to see us through.

One things for sure all this talk about finishing 7th is ludicrous. Looking at our current form and remaining fixtures we will do well to finish 14th. I can''t see us taking more then 6 points from the next 30.

[quote user="Canary1902"]

Am I the only person thats losing sleep over our remaining fixtures?

4 points is now required to hit 40, but preferably we''d like more for it to be guarenteed.

As we showed yesterday, we have to step up against the small teams, as games such as Wolves and Blackburn now don''t look s appealling. Then there''s the big teams, where we perform we but are unlucky; such as remaining teams Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs.

I personally am now worrying that our only chance of getting those points is against the likes of Newcastle, Fulham, Everton, Villa.

Of course, we''ve come so far and it is great that we are in a good position, but still, there''s 10 games to go and anything can happen.

Thoughts?

[/quote]

My thought is that you need to get a grip on reality and calm down. We are 14 points clear of the relegation spots with a vastly superior goal difference. If we lose every single game (which won''t happen) one of those bottom three have to pick up 15 points out of their last 30, which would require a level of form that they haven''t approached all season. We are having a dip in form, which was always going to happen at some time, but are you suggesting that we''ve somehow become the worst side in the League? If you aren''t then logic tells you that we will pick up a fair number of points between now and May which obviates your concerns.

I hope that makes you feel better.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Anything can happen in this league. We are definately not safe yet. We are currently on our longest winless streak since Paul Lambert took over and we are heading into our most difficult run of fixtures, not a good combination. If we mess this up from the position we are in then quite frankly we would deserve to go down. However I think we can sneak one more win from somewhere and pick up a couple of draws to see us through.

One things for sure all this talk about finishing 7th is ludicrous. Looking at our current form and remaining fixtures we will do well to finish 14th. I can''t see us taking more then 6 points from the next 30.

[/quote]

And the bottom 5 have got to win  5 or 6 of their games too. ///////////////////// can''t see that at all  

Squeaky bum time ? Yes, it is for those teams in the bottom five but not for us.We''ve effectively been safe since we hit 35 points. In the unlikely event that we lose all 10 of our remaining matches can you really see Wolves or QPR ( with their horrible run-in ) getting 14 points from 30 to pip us on goal difference ?Both those teams are in disarray, particularly Wolves, and judging by Wigan''s display yesterday I''d be more confident of them getting the 15 points they would need. It''s still a huge ask though.Relax......

If you''ve got a squeaky bum then its time to see a doctor.There is zero chance of relegation. 3 of the bottom 5 would have to win half of their remaining games while we fail to pick up a point.We have been safe for weeks now.

PL said it was a good result against a team fighting for their lives...but I''m not convinced. We''re still fighting too and I didn''t see enough fighting spirit  yesterday! I''m sure we need to step up a gear, but I''m still confident though... We didn''t lose, we stopped the run of losses and now I think the boys will have been shaken by the way Wigan played. That''s what we need to do, fight for it!

[quote user="ricardo"]If you''ve got a squeaky bum then its time to see a doctor.

There is zero chance of relegation. 3 of the bottom 5 would have to win half of their remaining games while we fail to pick up a point.

We have been safe for weeks now.
[/quote]You''ve got a point too Ric'' . I''m not losing sleep, but I didn''t see a performance yesterday that I''ve come to being used to. We were outplayed by the bottom club. That makes supporters anxious.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"][quote user="ricardo"]If you''ve got a squeaky bum then its time to see a doctor.There is zero chance of relegation. 3 of the bottom 5 would have to win half of their remaining games while we fail to pick up a point.We have been safe for weeks now.[/quote]You''ve got a point too Ric'' . I''m not losing sleep, but I didn''t see a performance yesterday that I''ve come to being used to. We were outplayed by the bottom club. That makes supporters anxious.[/quote]Yes, but we also outplayed the top club a couple of weeks ago.Relax, its Premier League Football again next season.Enjoy.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="ROBFLECK"][quote user="ricardo"]If you''ve got a squeaky bum then its time to see a doctor.

There is zero chance of relegation. 3 of the bottom 5 would have to win half of their remaining games while we fail to pick up a point.

We have been safe for weeks now.
[/quote]You''ve got a point too Ric'' . I''m not losing sleep, but I didn''t see a performance yesterday that I''ve come to being used to. We were outplayed by the bottom club. That makes supporters anxious.[/quote]

Yes, but we also outplayed the top club a couple of weeks ago.

Relax, its Premier League Football again next season.

Enjoy.

[/quote]Will do! :-)

I''m sure we are safe but the Sunderland away game I thought was a really poor display. Wrong team, wrong tactics, wrong subs used. I couldn''t see us repeating that again but we did yesterday.

To me, a simple man, it seemed so unnecessary. Holt was taken off when he wasn''t the problem although Morison looked back to his best but Pilks and Bennett should have been on for the whole of the second half.

Lambo is the ultimate professional and all he is thinking of is survival to build for next year but his ''up and at em'' approach hit the rails in those two games because of that.

As Beau says, all teams do it, why even the world beating Swansea have!!!

There is no doubt that we have a superb set up from players to Chairman. With money to spend in the close season we can look forward to a superb second season in the Prem.

[quote user="Canary1902"]

[/quote]

So we have no chance of getting any points from games against Wolves and Blackburn even though we are unbeaten in games against the bottom five this season?

I really cannot see the recent barren run as having any bearing upon this season now as every aspect of my (occasionally) logical thinking tells me that we are safe.

The performance yesterday, against Leicester (the worst result of the season IMO,) Stoke and even Man.U. should be more indicative of what needs there are for next season. Some players, for various reasons, will have shown that they are not upto the next challenge.

PL might be making noises about mathematical safety, but I''m quite sure that his footballing mind is currently bevering away with the second season in mind.

I (and others) put forward the opinion after the Swansea result that little was needed for next season in the way of additions to the squad. Recent results have caused me to change my mind. This little bad patch might be a blessing in disguise especially if PL''s mind is beginning to tinker with things. Clearly there are weaknesses and gaps do need plugging.

Having said that we already have virtually three new players on-board, in Vaughan, Bennett and Howson. These three will probably also feature a lot for the remainder of this season too, another factor to suggest that it is not yet time to visit the toilet on an irregular basis.      

"The number of adults with poor numeracy skills has reached 17 million in England alone"That was the news headline a few days back.  I wonder if they collated any information for the Pink un?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I really cannot see the recent barren run as having any bearing upon this season now as every aspect of my (occasionally) logical thinking tells me that we are safe.

The performance yesterday, against Leicester (the worst result of the season IMO,) Stoke and even Man.U. should be more indicative of what needs there are for next season. Some players, for various reasons, will have shown that they are not upto the next challenge.

PL might be making noises about mathematical safety, but I''m quite sure that his footballing mind is currently bevering away with the second season in mind.

I (and others) put forward the opinion after the Swansea result that little was needed for next season in the way of additions to the squad. Recent results have caused me to change my mind. This little bad patch might be a blessing in disguise especially if PL''s mind is beginning to tinker with things. Clearly there are weaknesses and gaps do need plugging.

Having said that we already have virtually three new players on-board, in Vaughan, Bennett and Howson. These three will probably also feature a lot for the remainder of this season too, another factor to suggest that it is not yet time to visit the toilet on an irregular basis.      

[/quote]

Agree with most of that. Qualifying for Europe was always a fantasy, and getting relegated from the position we are in now is even more unlikely.

I think it is easy to forget that Lambert is still learning his trade as a manager and certainly as a Premier League manager. It would be remarkable if he was getting everything right this season. He is presumably also learning about some of his players at this level and assessing the gaps in the squad. Which there plainly are. We lack real pace. We have no-one to frighten the oppposition in the way that Moses does, and he is not that good a player. But he has attributes we need. Equally we could do with a dominant all-purpose midfielder, the addition of which would make some tactical choices easier for Lambert. At the moment everything is squaring a circle.

I suspect, money permitting, there will be quite a cull of players in the summer to make way for some higher-class additons.

I once sat in a chair and this psychologist askedhttp://mathworld.wolfram.com/images/eps-gif/LogisticEquationBifurcation_850.gif"what does this picture remind you of?"Of course I said the glory holes in the public toilets on Gorleston High St.

Stats are not facts.   They are merely an indication of what could happen.       The reality is unknown.    If we win or if we lose  the next match or two, that will determine how the end of the season will be.     This also depends on if the teams at the bottom pick up a couple of wins in the same period.     We''re not safe yet, but no need for squeaky bums - just enjoy the ride - we''re only 2 points off 8th place too! 

A great point. And some other great points from everyone.

I think I have the ''morning after a game hangover'', when I don''t look at the bigger picture.

I can now see it clearly, thanks to the Yellow & Green Army!

BEST FANS IN THE WORLD!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Stats are not facts.   They are merely an indication of what could happen.       The reality is unknown.    If we win or if we lose  the next match or two, that will determine how the end of the season will be.     This also depends on if the teams at the bottom pick up a couple of wins in the same period.     We''re not safe yet, but no need for squeaky bums - just enjoy the ride - we''re only 2 points off 8th place too! 

No offence but reads like complete b0ll0cks to me.

[/quote]

When we embarked on our run of 1 point from 9, we were 14 points off the last relegation place (possibly 15?) - how may points are we off 20th now? Nuff said.

Norwich are 250/1 to be relegated with Bet365 (and rightly so)..if anyone''s worried then maybe they should have a consolation bet to comfort themselves should the impossible happen. [:|]

[quote user="The Pink''un Role Model"][quote user="lake district canary"]Stats are not facts.   They are merely an indication of what could happen.       The reality is unknown. 

"No offence but reads like complete b0ll0cks to me."[/quote]

Excuse me?  Let me clarify it for you.  Stats are not facts  in the sense that they don''t tell you what is going to happen next.  They are merely an indication of what could happen.    The reality of what will happen next is unknown.    Pardon me for not being clearer in my post.  

OK stats are facts, but thats not what I meant.................................

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I''m sure we are safe but the Sunderland away game I thought was a really poor display. Wrong team, wrong tactics, wrong subs used. I couldn''t see us repeating that again but we did yesterday.

To me, a simple man, it seemed so unnecessary. Holt was taken off when he wasn''t the problem although Morison looked back to his best but Pilks and Bennett should have been on for the whole of the second half.

Lambo is the ultimate professional and all he is thinking of is survival to build for next year but his ''up and at em'' approach hit the rails in those two games because of that.

As Beau says, all teams do it, why even the world beating Swansea have!!!

There is no doubt that we have a superb set up from players to Chairman. With money to spend in the close season we can look forward to a superb second season in the Prem.[/quote]

Havent seen it mentioned anywhere, but Holt and Lambert had a major bust up just before half time. Holt decided not to jump to challenge for a high ball (as he quite often doesnt) which Lambert and Culverhouse were clearly unimpressed with and shouted to him to win the ball. Holt disagreed with this and very loudly shouted back for them both to F off. All 3 then exchanged words which resulted in Lambert very clearly telling Morison to go and warm up as though he was coming on. Half time then came and in my opinion Holt rightly came back out for some of the second half. When no real effect came of keeping it the same, it was then that Morison came on, even though the real issue for me was the midfield (as proven later by the change when Pilks and Bennett came on and we went more to a flat 4-4-2).So around the dug outs it didnt seem a surprise it was Holt that came off as it seemed Lambert (rightly or wrongly) was making a statement to the team, and from the muted communication as he came off, there was still a fair bit of tension between them.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Norwich are 250/1 to be relegated with Bet365 (and rightly so)..if anyone''s worried then maybe they should have a consolation bet to comfort themselves should the impossible happen. [:|]
[/quote]

Thats got to be worth a fiver of anyones money??. Should the unthinkable happen at least you''d be able to drown your sorrows with a bloody good holiday at the end of the season?!........I''m in!