Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Lambert didn't learn his lesson at the DW

amaizing all world see this not work today and why oh why need waiitng 67 min to change middfeld when we loose totally the game in this arrea.

GIve me all the time Plilky and Benno...

again Moses look like Messi for us and Wigan dominate us like Barca....

we was desparete for changes but no we waiitng sooo much again

lucky point very imp can say

pilkington and morison really made the difference today; holt and crofts both poor and ward was a liability at the back.

we are safe - but do we have to play as if we are?

Yep get Ayala back in for Ward - some shocking (non)-tackling from Ward today.  Although as usual he made a couple of brilliant last second ones!  Consistency for 90 minutes needed.  Ward is old enough to know better, Ayala is young enough to learn now for next season.

I''m bored of people moaning about Lambert ''not getting it right''. F#cked off with armchair critics telling us what he should have done, in the aftermath, with the beauty of hindsight. For f•cks sake get behind the team and stop massaging your own internet managing ego''s.

There were moments today that were frustrating but I just kept screaming the lads on, it''s about time some of you lot did the same aswell

Alex, it''s a board for discussion. I paid to go to Wigan, and I pay for a season ticket. I''m untitled to an opinion (what was your expression?) oh yes... FFS ;)

Well actually, I think the first 25 minutes of amazing play showed it wasn''t wrong. Possibly some of the finest passing I have seen this year at Carrow Road.

I don''t really know how the game just changed, but it did. I see this so often on this board, people seem very quick to forget things that happened in the first half. Anyways, that aside, it maybe should have been changed around at halftime, but it''s quite clear that the Diamond (when they play the passing game, not long ball) was working.

[quote user="zak123"]Well actually, I think the first 25 minutes of amazing play showed it wasn''t wrong. Possibly some of the finest passing I have seen this year at Carrow Road.

I don''t really know how the game just changed, but it did. I see this so often on this board, people seem very quick to forget things that happened in the first half. Anyways, that aside, it maybe should have been changed around at halftime, but it''s quite clear that the Diamond (when they play the passing game, not long ball) was working.[/quote]I think you are being very generous with the ''first 25 minutes'', but as said, its a board for opinions.

I must have missed the amazing first 25 mins saw 10 perhaps we scored and thenWigan took over.  Finest passing surely this is a piss take, we were truly awful until last 10 mins.   

I saw NO amazing play today from either side.There was a short spell in the first half where we seemed to keep possession for a number of minutes, but outside of this, the goal and another short spell at the end we were average to poor throughout and never amazing.It''s nothing to do with people forgetting parts of the game, but simply on the balance of play we were much the weaker side - and at no point were we AMAZING...

[quote user="zak123"]Well actually, I think the first 25 minutes of amazing play showed it wasn''t wrong. Possibly some of the finest passing I have seen this year at Carrow Road.

I don''t really know how the game just changed, but it did. I see this so often on this board, people seem very quick to forget things that happened in the first half. Anyways, that aside, it maybe should have been changed around at halftime, but it''s quite clear that the Diamond (when they play the passing game, not long ball) was working.[/quote]Haha, this must be one of the most generous comments i have seen before, but i get your point, it looked ok for 10 mins, but then the formations weakness was higlighted by the ease Wigan took control of the midfield

Yes I would have to agree with the majority the first 15 minutes were pretty even but we scored with one shot on target and then we had Jackosn drag wide with a 25 yard grass cutter in the diamond formation. I would not say we were on top this game, but we move to the next game. Hopefully we have learnt a few lessons and a different formation starts.

I certainly was cheering the boys on till the end of the game, I can assure you I believe there should have been urgency throughout the game. Possession across our back four and passing back from our midfield 2 were not stretching an orgnaised Wigan Defence and midfield. I always cheer wanting us to go forward, because that is how the game should be played and we are not good enough (when playing as we did today) to hold on. A bad performance for a point, we need to start turning in good performances again. The formation showed little attacking intent and against a team at the bottom of the table that is disappointing.

I expect a response at Newcastle with a better performance with some intent, having three shots on target in the first half would be an improvement.

I agree with the OP to a certain extent. We played a similar shape to the opening day of the season. Only difference here is Naughton had the joy of trying to stop Moses and  ... he failed. Pace always seems to destroy us. The OP is entitled to his opinion as am I. This isn''t hating on the team, just our analysis. I love Norwich & will die a proud supporter.

I didn''t really like the look of our starting 11 ...... that was our championship side (Naughton excluded)Hopefully Morrison & Pilks can return to the starting 11 for our next game.

[quote user="Alex "]I''m bored of people moaning about Lambert ''not getting it right''. F#cked off with armchair critics telling us what he should have done, in the aftermath, with the beauty of hindsight. For f•cks sake get behind the team and stop massaging your own internet managing ego''s. There were moments today that were frustrating but I just kept screaming the lads on, it''s about time some of you lot did the same aswell[/quote]

Quite agree Alex, doesnt it make you angry, when people who admit they just  listened to the game on the radio,  ring up after the game and give us their opinion on the performance and tell us where Lambert went wrong [:@]

Yes it was disappointing that we didnt win but we''re 12th in the Premier with 36 pts and only 10 games to go, we''ve had a great season and we have one of the best managers in the Premier so what is there to moan about ??

[quote user="Crispy"]I agree with the OP to a certain extent. We played a similar shape to the opening day of the season. Only difference here is Naughton had the joy of trying to stop Moses and  ... he failed. Pace always seems to destroy us. The OP is entitled to his opinion as am I. This isn''t hating on the team, just our analysis. I love Norwich & will die a proud supporter.

I didn''t really like the look of our starting 11 ...... that was our championship side (Naughton excluded)Hopefully Morrison & Pilks can return to the starting 11 for our next game.[/quote]Crispy... you think like me [:)] I think on the opening day Martin was ripped to shreads by Moses, i thought Naughton looked a little more comfortable, n=but he had no back up due to the initial formation.

Just to chuck this in to counter the people saying we weren''t amazing for the first 15/20minutes - we were, the commentators said as much and Jamie Redknapp''s comments at Half Time were "Almost like watching Barcelona".

The rest of the game we were tosh, but we were excellent for the first part.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Alex, it''s a board for discussion. I paid to go to Wigan, and I pay for a season ticket. I''m untitled to an opinion (what was your expression?) oh yes... FFS ;)[/quote]

Well then you keep on moaning with the other ''customers''.

Us ''supporters'' who know what a good thing we''ve got going on at Carrow Rd will stick by the lads through a sticky patch and carry on backing them to the hilt.

''''Canaries United'''' .... Are you F*CK!

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="Canaries Utd"]Alex, it''s a board for discussion. I paid to go to Wigan, and I pay for a season ticket. I''m untitled to an opinion (what was your expression?) oh yes... FFS ;)[/quote] Well then you keep on moaning with the other ''customers''. Us ''supporters'' who know what a good thing we''ve got going on at Carrow Rd will stick by the lads through a sticky patch and carry on backing them to the hilt. ''''Canaries United'''' .... Are you F*CK![/quote]

There are customers, commentators, fans and supporters Alex. There used to be more supporters than fans but now with this globally covered Premier League I''m sure there are more fans than supporters. Supporters will have differences of opinion about who should play. It''s always been the case. But I don''t see a supporter thinking he could do better than any player let alone manager. We''ll leave that to the fans[;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Alex "]I''m bored of people moaning about Lambert ''not getting it right''. F#cked off with armchair critics telling us what he should have done, in the aftermath, with the beauty of hindsight. For f•cks sake get behind the team and stop massaging your own internet managing ego''s. There were moments today that were frustrating but I just kept screaming the lads on, it''s about time some of you lot did the same aswell[/quote]

Quite agreed, CA - We sing from the same songsheet. What these knobs don''t realise is that before long they''ll f#ck off the best thing that''s happened to Norwich City Football Club - and I''m not prepared to let that happen over a few ''customers''. I noticed Lambert had almost tears in his eyes in the after match interview... And that concerns me. Was it caused by the ungrateful boo boy pr1cks that need to f#ck off from Carrow Rd sharpish?

Quite agree Alex, doesnt it make you angry, when people who admit they just  listened to the game on the radio,  ring up after the game and give us their opinion on the performance and tell us where Lambert went wrong [:@]

Yes it was disappointing that we didnt win but we''re 12th in the Premier with 36 pts and only 10 games to go, we''ve had a great season and we have one of the best managers in the Premier so what is there to moan about ??

[/quote]

Response sandwiched in the middle, CA ;)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="Canaries Utd"]Alex, it''s a board for discussion. I paid to go to Wigan, and I pay for a season ticket. I''m untitled to an opinion (what was your expression?) oh yes... FFS ;)[/quote] Well then you keep on moaning with the other ''customers''. Us ''supporters'' who know what a good thing we''ve got going on at Carrow Rd will stick by the lads through a sticky patch and carry on backing them to the hilt. ''''Canaries United'''' .... Are you F*CK![/quote]

There are customers, commentators, fans and supporters Alex. There used to be more supporters than fans but now with this globally covered Premier League I''m sure there are more fans than supporters. Supporters will have differences of opinion about who should play. It''s always been the case. But I don''t see a supporter thinking he could do better than any player let alone manager. We''ll leave that to the fans[;)]

[/quote]

Bang on, Eddie! These bellends that are more worried about how much a match has cost them need to Donald Duck off - they''re missing the point of our beloved club.

THICK AND THIN (and this is by no means THIN)

Give the guy a break !If you are someone like me that watches ALLOT of football it''s only natural to try & analyze why a team won or lost. That doesn''t make someone any less a fan or supporter. Also some people''s personalities are critical or negative ... just the way life is, not everyone will smile & clap their way through life.I love football, I love Norwich & I love talking about football. Everyone likes to be heard & voice their opinion ... & if you don''t then why are you a member of a ''Discussion message board'' ..... The OP made 1 comment that isn''t even that negative & you start bringing into dispute if he''s a fan / supporter or not ? That''s dumb.Just because someone has an opinion on why a team lost doesn''t mean they weren''t cheering on the team throughout the game.Some people think just because you have the ability to be critical means your a ''boo boy''.For the record I don''t agree with booing & never will, but have an opinion ? yup that''s fine. But first & foremost I will always cheer my team on. OTBC

Not bothered reading the last few posts on this thread, as the failed "quote" function has made it far too tricky for my mind to try and process what is being said at this time of night! However, he only qualified his opinion by having spent money on a match when someone criticised him for airing his opinion on the game, and when the usual "arm chair fan" jibes started coming out. If people want to moan about arm chair fans coming on here and slagging players off, I don''t think it''s totally unfair to counter that with "I paid for a ticket today, why shouldn''t I give my opinion?"

As for the poster complaining about those fans supposedly not getting behind the team because they''ve come on a message board and discussed the performance in a negative light; get a grip. We''ve set high standards this season. When we don''t live up to them, why should we not state that we haven''t lived up to them? How do you know we weren''t egging the team on all game? We could have been screaming at the top of our voices, singing all game long,getting behind the side. Why can''t we come home and say that we weren''t great? As far as I can tell, nobody has come on here calling for Lambert''s head or saying we have been terrible all season. All that has been said is that we weren''t great today. If you don''t want people to say that, and you just want to say we are a brilliant football club, who perform brilliantly all the time (regardless of how we actually performed), then probably not the best idea to join a message board where people are going to discuss a game of football on its merits.

Back to the football - I thought we were pretty good for thefirst 10/15 minutes, although I also thought Wigan were atrocious. We hardly had to tackle them in that first spell, because they just gave us the ball back; poor passing, poor first touches. However, once we scored,they seemed to up their game, and from then on they pretty much bossed the game until they equalised.

I''m becoming less and less of a fan of the diamond, at least with the players we usually play in it. Fox, Surman, Hoolahan in there together doesn''t do the job I don''t think, especially as I''m not a fan of either Crofts or Johnson. I don''t think either of them is good enough to be the physical ball winner out there on their own. I''ll save judgement on Howson until I have seen him a bit more, but I think if we''re going to play the diamond, we either need a real quality ball winner, or a couple of more rounded midfielders in there (maybe someone who can replace Fox/Hoolahan, give us the creativity they offer, but with a bit more muscle - I know that will cost money we haven''t got at the moment, but eventually that''s got to be the plan in my opinion).

[quote user="Crispy"]Give the guy a break !If you are someone like me that watches ALLOT of football it''s only natural to try & analyze why a team won or lost. That doesn''t make someone any less a fan or supporter. Also some people''s personalities are critical or negative ... just the way life is, not everyone will smile & clap their way through life.I love football, I love Norwich & I love talking about football. Everyone likes to be heard & voice their opinion ... & if you don''t then why are you a member of a ''Discussion message board'' ..... The OP made 1 comment that isn''t even that negative & you start bringing into dispute if he''s a fan / supporter or not ? That''s dumb.Just because someone has an opinion on why a team lost doesn''t mean they weren''t cheering on the team throughout the game.Some people think just because you have the ability to be critical means your a ''boo boy''.For the record I don''t agree with booing & never will, but have an opinion ? yup that''s fine. But first & foremost I will always cheer my team on. OTBC[/quote]

Your sentiment sounds nice, Crispy. But a true supporter reserves the interesting ''ins and outs'' for other football matches that we don''t really care for. When it comes to Norwich City, even when things have not gone right, we get behind the team inquestionably and back them full on in the next fixture rather than worrying who was ''shite'' in the previous game. Guess it''s the difference between a ''supporter'' and a ''fan''...

[quote user="Aggy"]Not bothered reading the last few posts on this thread, as the failed "quote" function has made it far too tricky for my mind to try and process what is being said at this time of night! However, he only qualified his opinion by having spent money on a match when someone criticised him for airing his opinion on the game, and when the usual "arm chair fan" jibes started coming out. If people want to moan about arm chair fans coming on here and slagging players off, I don''t think it''s totally unfair to counter that with "I paid for a ticket today, why shouldn''t I give my opinion?"

As for the poster complaining about those fans supposedly not getting behind the team because they''ve come on a message board and discussed the performance in a negative light; get a grip. We''ve set high standards this season. When we don''t live up to them, why should we not state that we haven''t lived up to them? How do you know we weren''t egging the team on all game? We could have been screaming at the top of our voices, singing all game long,getting behind the side. Why can''t we come home and say that we weren''t great? As far as I can tell, nobody has come on here calling for Lambert''s head or saying we have been terrible all season. All that has been said is that we weren''t great today. If you don''t want people to say that, and you just want to say we are a brilliant football club, who perform brilliantly all the time (regardless of how we actually performed), then probably not the best idea to join a message board where people are going to discuss a game of football on its merits.

Back to the football - I thought we were pretty good for thefirst 10/15 minutes, although I also thought Wigan were atrocious. We hardly had to tackle them in that first spell, because they just gave us the ball back; poor passing, poor first touches. However, once we scored,they seemed to up their game, and from then on they pretty much bossed the game until they equalised.

I''m becoming less and less of a fan of the diamond, at least with the players we usually play in it. Fox, Surman, Hoolahan in there together doesn''t do the job I don''t think, especially as I''m not a fan of either Crofts or Johnson. I don''t think either of them is good enough to be the physical ball winner out there on their own. I''ll save judgement on Howson until I have seen him a bit more, but I think if we''re going to play the diamond, we either need a real quality ball winner, or a couple of more rounded midfielders in there (maybe someone who can replace Fox/Hoolahan, give us the creativity they offer, but with a bit more muscle - I know that will cost money we haven''t got at the moment, but eventually that''s got to be the plan in my opinion).[/quote]

Now that''s up there with Andre Villas-Boas for long windedness me old mucker ;)

We knew what Wigan would do today. They were always going to play 4-3-3 and come at us with pace on the flanks. As a result they always seemed to have the spare option in midfield and were able to get either Moses and Beausajour in as a result. Better finishing and Wigan would have won that game today.

You are fast becoming the most idiotic poster on this board Alex, just to dumb it down to a level you would understand, you are, quite simply a d*ck head!

Moving on...

[quote user="Crispy"]I agree with the OP to a certain extent. We played a similar shape to the opening day of the season. Only difference here is Naughton had the joy of trying to stop Moses and  ... he failed. Pace always seems to destroy us. The OP is entitled to his opinion as am I. This isn''t hating on the team, just our analysis. I love Norwich & will die a proud supporter.

I didn''t really like the look of our starting 11 ...... that was our championship side (Naughton excluded)

Hopefully Morrison & Pilks can return to the starting 11 for our next game.

[/quote]

Could you expand on that comment please.