Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Will the Spanish trip bite us in the bum?

There you are, one minute, training in the warm sun, the next minute you''re in a cold shivering Norfolk longing for your own summer holiday but trying to get ready for a vital televised game.

I hope this jaunt doesn''t end up biting us on the arse!

I trust anything Lambert decides. I think he would have looked at our players over the last few weeks and just thought ''these lads need a change of scenery''. Hence the Spain trip.

Also, a couple of new players and many returning from injury, it may seem a prime time to pull them altogether and galvanise them for the final push, as we know the financial implications of finishing higher up the league.

Lets hope Delia hasn''t hosted a beach BBQ then............I wonder if the Norwich WAGS are all great cooks.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Agree willow, but we must factor in dodgy Spanish cooking, tummy bugs and travel fatique.[/quote]

Come on, it''s not the 1970s anymore. I go to Spain 4 or 5 times a year and have never had a ''tummy bug''. Did you know, you can even drink the water - it''s as if its a developed European nation. Shocking.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Agree willow, but we must factor in dodgy Spanish cooking, tummy bugs and travel fatique.[/quote]

Come on, it''s not the 1970s anymore. I go to Spain 4 or 5 times a year and have never had a ''tummy bug''. Did you know, you can even drink the water - it''s as if its a developed European nation. Shocking.

[/quote]

If we accept all that (and I don''t btw) theres still the cold to heat to cold to consider, players minds elsewhere, I don''t want to come on here Sunday night and say ''told ya''.

I assume that all this is tongue in cheek, but the thing that I find perplexing is the concept of a Feb/Mar "warm weather" break in Spain. I don''t know where the lads went, but I live 10km from the Spanish border, and it''s been bl**dy freezing here in the last couple of weeks. This morning, it''s blowing a gale and 8 degC is the best on offer for this afternoon. I even went to Lanzarote a couple of weeks ago and it wasn''t that hot there, so it''ll be interesting to see what Tilly''s experience was when he gets back today......

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

If we accept all that (and I don''t btw) theres still the cold to heat to cold to consider, players minds elsewhere, I don''t want to come on here Sunday night and say ''told ya''.

[/quote]..........just like indoors to outdoors to indoors then, or tother way round.

and just how "hot" is spain at the begining of march. my recollection of 4 years in gibraltar in the raf if just about warmish.

First Wizard said:

Really that would be a first! ;-)

I honestly don''t think that if we loose on Sunday it will be because of this trip. What was the excuse for the loss at Sunderland or during the last three games? Maybe the players were distracted thinking of their week away. Maybe Ruddy fell asleep during the Stoke goal because he couldn''t decide whether or not to take his mankini or not.

Davo

We''ve had a dip in form lately, going away for a refresh is just the thing the squad will need.

A couple of new members as well, so it''ll help with team bonding too.

Those bleating about travel fatigue, must be hoping to hell we don''t have a good end to the season, finish seventh, and qualify for the Europa League.

Because, It wouldn''t be 5 day cushy trips to Marbella or the like. More like overnight jaunts to The Ukraine, Moldova or Israel.

" I don''t want to come on here Sunday night and say ''told ya"

really ?

but you certainly won''t come on here and say '' I posted up another pile

of old nonsense on the off chance it might be right, so I could claim

somekind of bizarre forseight"

thankfully for the author of the OP there is little chance of anything biting him "

on the arse!",  as he is too busy talking out of it

[quote user="Davo"]First Wizard said:

I honestly don''t think that if we loose on Sunday it will be because of this trip. What was the excuse for the loss at Sunderland or during the last three games? Maybe the players were distracted thinking of their week away. Maybe Ruddy fell asleep during the Stoke goal because he couldn''t decide whether or not to take his mankini or not.

Davo

[/quote]

Possibly Davro, but that will be the reaction of many on here afterwards.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Davo"]First Wizard said:

Davo

[/quote]

[/quote]

Davo...........my apologies on name error.    [:$]

Davo

[/quote]

[/quote]

Davo...........my apologies on name error.    [:$]

Davo nails it for me. The whole thread is daft. I may as well start a thread saying we lost at Stoke because we didn''t go on a jaunt the previous week.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Davo nails it for me. The whole thread is daft. I may as well start a thread saying we lost at Stoke because we didn''t go on a jaunt the previous week.[/quote]

Now thats really daft nutty, my agruements have perfectly valid points......yours hasn''t.

I don''t see what the issue is with it really. Lambert is going to have them working hard out there and I would imagine he has just done it to freshen things up. Its not as if they are going to be out on the smash, munching on kebabs, dancing the night away whilst trying to get off with some overweight club rep. Spain is 2 or 3 hour flight tops. Wigan will spend more time travelling on the coach to the game.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

, my agruements have perfectly valid points......yours hasn''t.

[/quote]

So it''s not, as I first guessed, tongue in cheek then, Wiz ?

You actually believe this old tosh........

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"][quote user="First Wizard"]

, my agruements have perfectly valid points......yours hasn''t.

[/quote]

So it''s not, as I first guessed, tongue in cheek then, Wiz ?

You actually believe this old tosh........

[/quote]

You nailed it right first time Eric........alas the City Worse types jump right in without your foresight.[H]

Davo

[/quote]

[/quote]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1377758/Bobby-Davro-simulates-sex-giant-kangaroo-childrens-panto.html

What''s the story with the name-change P''u RM ?  I''ve heard of people keeping the name but changing the avatar, but not vice-versa.

After 7000-odd postings  had the Hebrew Roy Rogers had his day ?  Impressive stats, though miles behind Wiz in the quantity stakes.....

"You nailed it right first time Eric"backpedalling this earlyanyone owning a wind turbine in Lowestoft will be making a fortune today if the rotation of the local weatervane is anything to go by

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Davo nails it for me. The whole thread is daft. I may as well start a thread saying we lost at Stoke because we didn''t go on a jaunt the previous week.[/quote]

Now thats really daft nutty, my agruements have perfectly valid points......yours hasn''t.

[/quote]

I think Nutty is coming from the point that if we beat Wigan then the break was a good idea. However if if had of gone a week earlier would we of beaten Stoke? Two weeks earlier would we of ebaten Man U?

Personally I''m not sure how much of an effect this break will have on the one match. With the short term view it will either be seen as a good thinng or a bad thing depending on if we win or loose. If we loose against Wigan but then go on to win against Newcastle, Wolves and Fulham it will still be seen as a waste of time.

I think the benefits of trips like this are too hard to tell. What will have more effect on the result the fact they spent a week away or the fact that it''s live on Sky?

Davo

See my thread asking whether any stats exist as to what happens to teams when they return from a mid season training break in the sun (which I started before I saw this thread). If no such research exists, there is no point having this debate as there is nothing to base opinion on apart from intuition. So, stop bickering.