Sign in to follow this  
PAUL

Ballot for Spurs

Just phoned ticket office and am amazed that we won''t know until next week if we''ve been succesful or not.

Don''t like the ballot process anyway as its not fair. Other clubs do it on loyalty points and everyone in the same group gets tickets unlike at Norwich some lose out its just unfair.

Can you give an example Paul of how exactly this loyalty points system works at other Clubs?

I can see the issues, a season ticket holder with 9 away stubs is in the same group as someone with just one, but it''s a system that we''ve used for many years.  As someone that goes away around 5 times a season, I''d like to see another group of 5 away stubs introduced, but that would just add more admin issues for the club so can understand why the system is how it is.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I can see the issues, a season ticket holder with 9 away stubs is in the same group as someone with just one, but it''s a system that we''ve used for many years.  As someone that goes away around 5 times a season, I''d like to see another group of 5 away stubs introduced, but that would just add more admin issues for the club so can understand why the system is how it is.

[/quote]A fairer system would be the one adopted by some other clubs using a points system.It works by allocating tickets according to how many points have been accumulated over 12 months. Points would be awarded on a flat basis per game attended but extra points given for attending difficult/ unattractive away fixtures.For example if a total of say 100 points is the equivalent of our Group 2, ie, 10 games x 10 points. But someone attending a televised away fixture on a freezing Tuesday night - our match at Sunderland fits the bill -would be given,say, double points so would reach the required target that bit quicker and need not attend a minimum of 10 matches to get priority.Apart from the obvious response that anyone who went to Sunderland is likely to go to most City games I can''t see why this wouldn''t work at Norwich

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Matt Juler"]I can see the issues, a season ticket holder with 9 away stubs is in the same group as someone with just one, but it''s a system that we''ve used for many years.  As someone that goes away around 5 times a season, I''d like to see another group of 5 away stubs introduced, but that would just add more admin issues for the club so can understand why the system is how it is.

[/quote]A fairer system would be the one adopted by some other clubs using a points system.It works by allocating tickets according to how many points have been accumulated over 12 months. Points would be awarded on a flat basis per game attended but extra points given for attending difficult/ unattractive away fixtures.For example if a total of say 100 points is the equivalent of our Group 2, ie, 10 games x 10 points. But someone attending a televised away fixture on a freezing Tuesday night - our match at Sunderland fits the bill -would be given,say, double points so would reach the required target that bit quicker and need not attend a minimum of 10 matches to get priority.Apart from the obvious response that anyone who went to Sunderland is likely to go to most City games I can''t see why this wouldn''t work at Norwich

[/quote]How does the application process work?  Would the points cutoff be decided once all applications have been received?  I''m guessing there would still be scope for a ballot, but from a much smaller group of people.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Matt Juler"]I can see the issues, a season ticket holder with 9 away stubs is in the same group as someone with just one, but it''s a system that we''ve used for many years.  As someone that goes away around 5 times a season, I''d like to see another group of 5 away stubs introduced, but that would just add more admin issues for the club so can understand why the system is how it is.
[/quote]

A fairer system would be the one adopted by some other clubs using a points system.It works by allocating tickets according to how many points have been accumulated over 12 months. Points would be awarded on a flat basis per game attended but extra points given for attending difficult/ unattractive away fixtures.

For example if a total of say 100 points is the equivalent of our Group 2, ie, 10 games x 10 points. But someone attending a televised away fixture on a freezing Tuesday night - our match at Sunderland fits the bill -would be given,say, double points so would reach the required target that bit quicker and need not attend a minimum of 10 matches to get priority.

Apart from the obvious response that anyone who went to Sunderland is likely to go to most City games I can''t see why this wouldn''t work at Norwich
[/quote]

I like it.  So people who go to Stoke would get at least triple points and it would go down from there.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Matt Juler"]I can see the issues, a season ticket holder with 9 away stubs is in the same group as someone with just one, but it''s a system that we''ve used for many years.  As someone that goes away around 5 times a season, I''d like to see another group of 5 away stubs introduced, but that would just add more admin issues for the club so can understand why the system is how it is.

[/quote]How does the application process work?  Would the points cutoff be decided once all applications have been received?  I''m guessing there would still be scope for a ballot, but from a much smaller group of people.[/quote]

Many clubs have a window of opportunity to buy tickets based on your loyalty points. Others will process applictions through a ballot on points.Maybe we should have an away membership where points can be collected and then the club can collect a little bit of extra cash and those that go to away games more than once or twice will have a better chance in a ballot. As a non-season ticket holder who has been to 11 away games this season, 12 last season and 15 the year before you can probably imagine I''m not superbly keen on the current system (and I''ve only been successful in 1 ballot in 4 years!). Had I have known I''d go to so many this season I''d have got an away season ticket! Oh well, these are the rules.