Sign in to follow this  
Henrik Mortensons Biographer

Are our fans any better than Wigan's?

Yeah 26,000 turned out, 22,000 sat in silence, or grumbled or booed at the end. They shuffled in then out again hundreds (not dozens) left between 84 mins & the whistle and almost no-one enjoyed themselves.

Those that sang largely gave up bothering except to remind everyone which stand they sit in, even this post is pointless.

Yellow army? more like a yellow convention of people going to a meeting about a proposed wind farm. Tch!

[quote user="Henrik Mortensons Biographer"]Yeah 26,000 turned out, 22,000 sat in silence, or grumbled or booed at the end. They shuffled in then out again hundreds (not dozens) left between 84 mins & the whistle and almost no-one enjoyed themselves. Those that sang largely gave up bothering except to remind everyone which stand they sit in, even this post is pointless. Yellow army? more like a yellow convention of people going to a meeting about a proposed wind farm. Tch![/quote]

Wow, man, it''s so uncool, all these heavies going to a  field and watching grown men kick a bit of plastic filled witth air around.  I mean, whats the point?   Whats exciting about that? And whats the point in all these heavies then coming on here and posting pointless messages to pointless people, pointlessly looking at their computers.     And whats the point in computers?   All they do is encourage people to waste their time writing pointless stuff on message boards when they should be outside playing with their kids, grandkids or mates or whatever.   I mean why do anything?  

Heavy...........

FFS OP. Yet another thread having a go at our supporters. What makes people like you want to post stuff like this?

Ever been to an away game mate? Try Liverpool or Spurs just as an example. When they are playing poorly try listening to their reaction.

Crowds are the same everywhere and football has always attracted it''s fair share of idiots. So what?

I am proud to be a supporter of our club.

Sad when you and others on here waste time with pointless depressing contributions.

Buy yourself a model guillotine and take up knitting

Hmm, OP has a point.

I love my away season ticket because of the atmos we bring and the people I see/meet at each away game. It is a genuinely fun day (apart from Stoke which was poo) regardless of the result and well worth every one of the many many pennies we spend on this commitment.

I avoid Carrow Rd, because, well, I just get bored at home games. I agree with the OP, few seem to be enjoying themselves.

Not a criticism, just an observation that affects my decision as to where I go to watch Norwich play. If it was more fun and less formulaic (get to ground after 1-2 pints, sit down for 90 minutes in occasionally interrupted silence, groan at half time about the queues, that Wilbraham isn''t good enough etc etc), I would try and vie for the remaining home tickets.

But it isn''t.

Just to clarify Bury thingy,I didn''t waste time as I was on hold to a call centre when i posted so it was quite a good use of time. It wasn''t pointless either as the point was to highlight how pointless it was, which you reiterated so you inadvertently agreed with me. Oh well we''ll have to just agree to agree. See you at irony class.

[quote user="Henrik Mortensons Biographer"] See you at irony class.[/quote] I was late for my last irony class. The time management class I had before it overran.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Henrik Mortensons Biographer"] See you at irony class.[/quote] I was late for my last irony class. The time management class I had before it overran.[/quote]My irony class was cancelled because the tutor burnt himself while ironing.

Henrik24 posts in nearly 4 years ?you wouldn''t be someone hiding behind a little used account would you ?hardly the actions of someone who is on here huffing and puffing about true suppport, is it ''Henrik'' ?

[quote user="mozzaman"]Hmm, OP has a point. I love my away season ticket because of the atmos we bring and the people I see/meet at each away game. It is a genuinely fun day (apart from Stoke which was poo) regardless of the result and well worth every one of the many many pennies we spend on this commitment. I avoid Carrow Rd, because, well, I just get bored at home games. I agree with the OP, few seem to be enjoying themselves. Not a criticism, just an observation that affects my decision as to where I go to watch Norwich play. If it was more fun and less formulaic (get to ground after 1-2 pints, sit down for 90 minutes in occasionally interrupted silence, groan at half time about the queues, that Wilbraham isn''t good enough etc etc), I would try and vie for the remaining home tickets. But it isn''t.[/quote]

If YOU want to make your day shit then it will be shit. Oh well [:|]

I go mainly to away games now but have been to CR plenty of times over the years.

The general noise level at CR compares well with other grounds I''ve been to.  But at most places if the home team are playing poorly it goes quiet.  The amount of whinging in the home sections varies and in my experience West Ham and Leeds are unforgiving of poor play by the home team.

This season I''ve been disappointed in the general atmosphere at Sunderland (until they were 3 up) and Stoke, ditto Man U.

But one difference I noticed at Sunderland and Stoke is that the home fans have a real go at the ref if a decision goes against them.  Not booing, more of a guttural moan that sweeps round the ground for a few seconds - it makes no odds if the ref got it spot on, if it goes against the home team for anythign that looks even vaguely bad, you still get it.  I wonder if this gives their reputation as places where the crowd adds a 12th man ?  And not something you get at CR.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]When did singing/chanting become mandatory at football?[/quote]

I have never chanted in the whole of my supporting life. Not my style and it does seem a bit moronic at times. Cheering and clapping for me.

Having said that, it also seems enjoyable for the participants and contributes to their fun and  adds greatly to the atmosphere. I particularly like it at away games though and have even felt quite proud of it at times. Proud to be a canary on foreign territory sort of thing. It must encourage the players a bit too.

I don''t really take much notice of it at the Carra. There must be some psychological reasoning behind this that I cannot fathom as it makes no real sense. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Henrik Mortensons Biographer"] See you at irony class.[/quote] I was late for my last irony class. The time management class I had before it overran.
[/quote]

My irony class was cancelled because the tutor burnt himself while ironing.

[/quote]

He burnt himself on the iron?   Y?

I always think a descent set of away fans and a good performance help contribute to a good atmosphere. The atmosphere against Man U the other week was brilliant and a good bit of banter was had with their fans. Lets face it the Wigan game was poor, their fans were the worst I think I have ever known to have seen at carow road so thats why I think it was poor but in general I think Carrow road has had a good atmosphere this season and as others say the whinging is nothing compared to othe teams. One poster mentioned West ham and their was a West Ham fan on 606 on saturday night moaning that automatic promotion was not good enough for West Ham fans and that only getting 1st would do, which tbh is the biggest nonsense i have ever heard and shows what an arrogant lot some of their fans are.

There has been far worse fans that have come to Carrow Road previously, remember Wimbledon? didn''t they bring like 15 fans? and I vaguely remember Southampton in our relegation season bringing literally 2 rows of fans, shame as they missed a Hoolahan wonder goal :). Wigan fans weren''t that bad, favour them towards Arsenal and Chelsea fans who literally have two songs between them