Sign in to follow this  
Ernie

How long is Vaughan out for now?

Sorry if its been already mentioned, I know hes picked up yet another injury but how long is he likely to be out this time?

Don''t think lambert has put a time scale on it, which usually means a player is out for a while with him. it could just be the case they are playing it safe with vaughan and it could just be something small they don''t want to rush him back for.I really feel for the guy, what an injury plagued career he has had, i thought he was going to be over the worst of it having played a fair few games last season.I hope we see him in a city shirt again this year, would not be surprised if we didn''t though!

Apparently Vaughan''s problem is a hamstring (usually between 2 and 4 weeks, depending on severity). It''s not unusual when you come back from a bad injury to get a "compensation" strain, because you subconsciously protect the injury site and overstress an adjoining area. Calf and hamstring problems are common following knee injuries ( been there, done that) and it shouldn''t be anything major.At least it''s not a knee problem!

[quote user="Beauseant"]Apparently Vaughan''s problem is a hamstring (usually between 2 and 4 weeks, depending on severity). It''s not unusual when you come back from a bad injury to get a "compensation" strain, because you subconsciously protect the injury site and overstress an adjoining area. Calf and hamstring problems are common following knee injuries ( been there, done that) and it shouldn''t be anything major.At least it''s not a knee problem![/quote]

Yeah me to, snapped achilles finally ended my footballing career, to many injuries never fully healed, if it wasnt one thing it would be another.  Trying to play football carrying injuries all the time is a right pain in the arse and as you say you do tend to over compensate to try and protect that particular injury only to pull something else.  I could have been a contender!!

[quote user="Ernie"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Apparently Vaughan''s problem is a hamstring (usually between 2 and 4 weeks, depending on severity). It''s not unusual when you come back from a bad injury to get a "compensation" strain, because you subconsciously protect the injury site and overstress an adjoining area. Calf and hamstring problems are common following knee injuries ( been there, done that) and it shouldn''t be anything major.At least it''s not a knee problem![/quote]

Yeah me to, snapped achilles finally ended my footballing career, to many injuries never fully healed, if it wasnt one thing it would be another.  Trying to play football carrying injuries all the time is a right pain in the arse and as you say you do tend to over compensate to try and protect that particular injury only to pull something else.  I could have been a contender!!

[/quote]

Haha! It was various things with me. I still run at 55 but my hamstrings twang more than Hank Marvin''s guitar strings!

Also have chronic arthritis in my left ankle where I snapped a tendon off the bone. Still, if you''d told me then that I''d end up with so many aches and pains I''d still have played football every chance I got![:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Ernie"]

[/quote]

Haha! It was various things with me. I still run at 55 but my hamstrings twang more than Hank Marvin''s guitar strings!

Also have chronic arthritis in my left ankle where I snapped a tendon off the bone. Still, if you''d told me then that I''d end up with so many aches and pains I''d still have played football every chance I got![:D]

[/quote]I''d still play now even though I''m 46 if my missus would let me!

I wouldn''t be surprised if Lambert has ruled this season out for Vaughan and set him the pre season friendlies as a target. He needs to heal up, toughen up and come back resilient.

Thank heavens we aren''t in a relegation scrap and that Holt and Morison have proved good enough this season.

A new top striker to arrive in the summer I would imagine. 

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

I wouldn''t be surprised if Lambert has ruled this season out for Vaughan and set him the pre season friendlies as a target. He needs to heal up, toughen up and come back resilient.

Thank heavens we aren''t in a relegation scrap and that Holt and Morison have proved good enough this season.

A new top striker to arrive in the summer I would imagine. 

[/quote]

After almost a complete season out I doubt he will be back as a quick striker. Seems he is injury prone and can only be considered as back up. 

To Beau and Ernie.

Learn from a 66 year old who has two replacement knees and recent ankle operation. All because I ignored Mrs BY and played football until I was 50.

Still smiling though. Just think the unthinkable.... I could have been a binder!

With all his bad luck with injuries you would think Vaughany would steer clear of backing horses. Now he''s done his brains on slow horses @ cheltenham.

Is it just me, or does he not seem too concerned by being mostly injured?

I guess it''s a mental thing and he''s not allowed it to get on top of him.... I would be in pieces on twitter moaning and telling everyone how good i am really!! :)

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Binder??? Stupid boy - Binner, of course![/quote]

Thanks heavens. I thought you''d misspelt bender.....

Anyway, now you''ve got new knees it''s time to get the boots out again!

[quote user="First Wizard"]Hate to be blunt and harsh but should we not cancel his contract and claim on the insurance now? we''re not a registerd charity.[/quote]

Didn''t you make a similar suggestion about Whitbread?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Hate to be blunt and harsh but should we not cancel his contract and claim on the insurance now? we''re not a registerd charity.[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think so............but if I did someone will find it. [:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I remember that.  It was before she did "I''m a Celebrity..."

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember that.  It was before she did "I''m a Celebrity..."

[/quote]

That remineds me of a joke where the punch line was ''But she Farted in me Whitbread!''

It would of course be a real shame with Vaughan if he had to retire from the game because of constant injury problems without ever realising his potential, Ashton at least got to play a bit at the highest level.  I hope for his sake he does come back fitter and stronger being so young, but still, you have got to admit its a worry that hes hardly played at all, maybe 50 games?

I had heard from someone that Vaughan is our highest weekly wage on the squad. Ugh. Hope he starts the season strong for us next year. Doubt we can expect much from him our last 10 games this year.

PL doesn''t make many duff signing but this is definitely one. All managers do it to some degree, even old red nose at Manyoo has signed some shockers. The guy has always been a sick note. Why was that going to remarkably change with a move to Norfolk? Lots of wonga for no contribution of any note. The new Alex Notman. Get the insurance claim in.

Vaughan scored 9 goals in 30 games for Palace last season.30 games is almost one third of the appearances that Vaughan has made in his 8 years as a pro though. His career stats in all competitions are 19 goals in 103 games.Last season was by far his most productive for 5/6 years.He has talent but his injury record is certainly a concern. Even the best spells of his career do not match up to the scoring ratios of our other top strikers. A lot of hard work for Vaughan during the summer, especially if Lambert and Culverhouse purchase another striker.

I don''t want to be a party pooper , but did anyone actually answer the question? I , for one, am interested and rely on you lot with insider knowledge.

Not overly interested in insurance (for a change) , Palace, previous predictions, sicknotes etc. When is Vaughan back?

No one has inside knowledge... Why would they? Vaughan probably doesn''t know when he''s going to be back, probably never.