Sign in to follow this  
Kirby_86

I'm STILL overjoyed........

I feel VERY happy and so incredibly proud of our players and supporters.
The "Easy" chant put a smile on my face.

Random people have been stopping me when i''ve been out and about since the game and noticing my City shirt and saying well done,well played etc etc.

Our players on Saturday played such a controlled and purposeful game.
We did''nt sit back as much and we got stuck in and battled really hard. We seemed to be full of confidence. I was extreamly pleased with our performance and the result.Safri battled away really well and put in a vital touch to get the ball rolling for the second goal.THAT goal was actually now thinking back and seeing it again for the 100th time was just magic.Safri stealing the ball off Rooney, then Hucks taking it away running at the Utd back line before decieving their defence,by NOT playing it between the 2 defenders like i expected him too, but actaully slipping it firmly to the side.
Ashton then grabs a hold of it and puts in a wonderful,weighted cross where Leon powers in side footed it firmly and powerfully intot he back of the net.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Terrific to see Bentley back and the cross for the first goal was great and a well directed header from Deano made it 1-0!!
Keeping a clean sheet also was''nt too bad!
Eveyone in the pub i was in was full of praise for NCFC, apart from the few Manure fans sitting in their shirts looking highly pissed off.
NCFC 2- 0 Manure
We restricted Manure to limited chances and we score TWO fatastic goals, the second being pure football poetry. I love those goals which have a big build up.
I will enjoy heading into 6th form tomorrow and showing my clear delight at my mates who support Manure.
I imagine there was a lot of grim faces in Sevenoaks,Basildon,Crawley,Falmouth and Stoke over the past couple of days.
God bless the planks,LOL!

Proud,
Happy,
Delighted,
OTBC

i got over excited and i couldn''t breathe i actully clamed down and went for a couple of drinks a all drinks free at the bar

hi pk

yes it was a truly memorable day and i have to admit before the game i didn''t think we stood a chance of winning, but it was superb, the atmosphere in the ground was so fantastic, especially near the end!!! Easy, easy, it was great

safri stood out for me too, what a shame he hasn''t been playing all season, and also bentley stood out, leon was rewarded for all the hard work and sheer spirit he always shows - no one had a bad game

what a pleasure to be able to say that this season!!

i am sure city fans everywhere are really proud this morning, all we need now is for the scum to lose heavily tonight, think i might watch it  he he

Agree - I am simply still on cloud 9 - the feeling when the first goal went in was good enough but the second was simply like an out of body experience - was it real?!!?

As you have said Safri was excellent in midfield and was the only player imo who pushed Shacks for the MOTM award.

Not many posts from me at the moment - still enjoying that warm winning feeling again.

OTBC

I was in shock after the game walking back to the car. I just couldnt belive it, i was overwhelmed!!

I was hugging everyone around me when we scored both goals..... I didnt know most of them.

I must admit to being a " curse " on the team and have now missed only 4 games all season !! . Guess what Southampton , WBA , Bolton and now United. I have a huge 400 mile round trip to the home games and sometimes via work commitments have to sit them out... Makes you wonder if I ever should return to the famous turf of Carrow Road.

Still via satellite I viewed the game and whilst the atmosphere was not that brilliant in my lounge , it was still one of the great days in my footballing memory.    

[quote]I feel VERY happy and so incredibly proud of our players and supporters. The "Easy" chant put a smile on my face. Random people have been stopping me when i''ve been out and about since the game and...[/quote]

Allo allo, wat ave we ere PK...

where''s the short version...

"I imagine there was a lot of grim faces in Sevenoaks,Basildon,Crawley,Falmouth and Stoke over the past couple of days."

I work in Basildon and was at the match. There are 3 NCFC supporters in our office and none of us had grim faces!!!

If you''re referring to ManU supporters, you don''t see many in Basildon.