Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Drury

Not sure we''ve had any criticism of Mr.Drury as of late, about time this was rectified surely?

Seriously though, 10 years at the club, people probably doubted he''d really make it a couple of years ago after so many injuries. But he''s come in, from what the Spurs game? And played roughly every other game, and done a very good job defensively. Hucks said on Twitter more than once (and I think in his book) Drury is one of the best ''pure defenders'' I think was the term he used, he''s ever seen/played with. And if you really take notice of what Drury does, its perfect, even if he''s not in a position to win the ball, he delays the cross, puts the winger in an less than great position, making it much more unlikely to be a dangerous ball into the box.

He''s never offered to much going forwards, but at times i''ve been pleasantly surprised by how well he has done, he''s even burst into the box on the odd occasion.

Basically, a huge well done for an excellent servant, great left back and NCFC legend.

Excellent defender in his prime, great in one-on-one situations.

But I do think there are signs now that the injuries and his age are starting to show, situations where he isn''t as sharp as he used to be. I guess he was unlikely to have featured as much as he has if Tierney had stayed fit.

Don''t get me wrong, I think he''s done a good job for us this season but I don''t want to get to the stage where he becomes a weak link.

[quote user="Harry"]Hopefully there will soon be news about his testimonial.[/quote]there wont be....he''s being released at the end of the season....

He will get a testimonial regardless of what happens. The club are very hot on the PR now and they wouldn''t do that to someone who has been a fantastc professional to the club for over 10 years.

Jas I think it was WLY who tweeted the other week saying the finishing touches were being sorted for Drurys Testemonial so can''t see why it wouldn''t happen.

I completely agree, he has been brilliant and a loyal servant to club, people seem to forget that. On his day is a great left back and has proved he is still competent in the Premier League this season.

Great pro and great charactar to come back from frustrating injuries to play in the Prem again.

Regarding end of season, I think he''ll get a place within the coaching staff, unless he wants to keep playing. I think Lambert sees him and Lappin as two vital personalities. Drury seems to be one of the most popular players so in that sense could see him sticking around.

Problem is, and this may not be a problem at all, but I can''t imagine the club have that many coaches, would they really want another full back? Culverhouse was a full back wasn''t he? I know there not just going to coach the players in their previous position, but its going to be a speciality isn''t it, and if the club only has a handful of first team coaching staff, having two with the same speciality doesn''t seem like a great idea. Although Culverhouse is AM, not just a coach...

I was told he was going to Peterborough as player coach, shame he cant fill that role here after the summer

[quote user="pete_norw"]

What would be the team ? Norwich 10 years ago V you know who 10 years ago. that would fetch a good crowd

[/quote]I hope it''s an attractive match.  To be honest, a team consisting of Hucks, Iwan, WLY, Ashton Malky (if poss) etc would be a good crowd drawer.