Sign in to follow this  
pete

Wolves getting a spanking

2 down after 44 mins, man sent off, man injured look to go bottom of league, not won for ages.  Perfect time to go toNorwich.  Man U just scored again.  Can we stop this hoodoo against poor teams, only bright spot not lost to any of bottom 5. YET!

This game has shown that if you get the ball wide quickly and get quality into the box you can score against Wolves.4-4-2 simply is the formation with Morison and Holt upfront getting on the end of crosses from Pilky and EB. So I hope today we start a 4-4-2.Also there heads have dropped so so quickly. Yes down to 10 men, but we can see that there is a great chance to make them play with desperation rather than purpose. We can beat them next weekend and I will be surprised if we do not play a 4-4-2. Normal full back will now be out after being sent off.Think there is a good run of games coming up for us.

Even if we win today, i''ll be pretty disappointed if we don''t manage to beat Wolves next week...

Ok it''ll be a tough game, fighting for there lives, on the back of a thrashing etc etc. But if we want to show were a decent mid table side, we have to beat Wolves. You can''t let sides like them beat you, or hold you to a draw, at least Wigan occasionally play good football, Wolves seem to have forgotten how to. We let them back into the game earlier in the season, next week if we take control like we did at their ground, the team have to make sure there is only one outcome...

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Make that 5-0.[/quote]

And now -33 gd Hennesey will be m o t m it could have been double figures,  

Just checked their recent results applling at home as are Wigan, however away results not too bad include 1-1 draws at Arsenal and Spurs and 2-2 at Newcastle.

Why are all the bottom 5 abyssmal at home.  Wolves should be home win but remember this is City.

Another massive let down for the ''whingers and whiners''.  For any of the bottom three to overhaul us they now need an average of 1.55 points a game - 60 points over the season, which is usually around European qualification. It also requires us to go on a massive 10 game losing run.Even the forelock tugging ''ever so ''umble '' must be keeping their fingers, toes and everything else crossed today. If City fail to avoid a defeat today then their dream of 17th place is looking almost a forelorn hope. A further fear for them must be that more points picked up by us means a bigger cash total at the end of the season. A bigger budget could well mean a better squad - suggesting that 17th spot could be even harder to achieve next season.

ps also worth noting that when the ''40 point loonies'' were in full flow a few weeks back, the bottom three were on target to achieve 31/30 points (we were on 32 points). That has slowly slipped back to 29/28 points, we are now on 36 points.

You saying you''ll be happy if we don''t beat them Legend?

We are allowed to be disappointed in Lambert and his team, of course everything he''s done is fantastic, but that doesn''t mean we should be happy with poor results...

Not quite sure how you have inferred that first sentence from what I''ve said, but I''ll at least have the decency to offer you a reply.

What I''m most impressed about your response though is the level of hipocrisy considering what you said to me last week, where I, along with others, showed concern about the use of the diamond formation, with which you responded questioning how we could criticise Lambert - yet now you preach the mantra about constructively outlining his match day faults.

In answer to your question - which I''m sure you could''ve deduced prefectly accurately anyway - no, of course I would not be happy. But good try with the ''are you a real fan?'' line of enquiry.

My point was however, a tongue in cheek reference to the complete and utter meltdown which would occur on this board if we did indeed lose. I hope that has the cleared things up for you.

I did not question how you could criticise Lambert, I simply said its a formation he goes back to often and its served him well, and I don''t understand why people get so upset when he uses it again.

I took your post, as you suggesting it would be wrong for anyone to get upset if we lose next week. Sorry if thats not what you interned, but thats what came across, and since you are allowed to interpret my posts in strange ways, surely I can do the same?

and ''are you a real fan?'' What? What? That makes no sense what so ever, where do I mention anything about ''real fans'' i''m not questioning yours or anyone else''s support, and I never have done.

I''m fairly sure I said more than once last week, its perfectly acceptable to question/discuss/criticise Lambert and the team, but oh well yet again people decided to change the words I use to form their own opinion of me, why do I even bother posting?