Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

swansea

Not over hyped at all and by far the better team today. Every player that Rodgers brings in drastically improves their first 11. Shame the same can''t be said of us lately.

Gylfi Sigurdsson was fantastic again today. The type of midfielder with a solid all round game that Lambert requires in the summer (in fact we need at least a couple of signings in the Sigurdsson mould).

The sooner we accept how weak our midfield is the better!

I''m a big fan of Swansea''s style. They are showing people that you can stay up playing good football and competing with the bigger teams by going toe to toe with them and outplaying them. Imagine how entertaining the prem would be if every team played like Swansea Contrast that to Stoke who are just awfull play a horrible brand of long ball hot potato kick it and lump it throw it in the box anti football. And even now they''re an established prem team with good financial baking Mr Pulis still insists on buying players like Crouch and Jones and getting Delap to hurl it at them. If you were a talented 16 year old midfeilder who''s youth set up would you rather be in? Swansea or Stoke?

Good team and deserve their success, i dont personally think there''s much if anything between us and them overall. Sometimes it''s a thin line when causing an upsets against the bigger teams, there have been a couple of games particularly the Man U ones where it could easily have ended with us beating them. I''m also glad Stoke play the way they do, it makes the league better to have teams with different styles, if everyone played the same way with possession football it''d be dull as dishwater, of course i''d be gutted if we played in the style Stoke do.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Could you do me the honour of telling me wether or not you comment on players or matches on here? I''ve never seen a prediction, a comment on wether Surman is lightweight or not, a moan after losing to Leicester.[/quote]

You''e a real, conveniently one-eyed son of Norfolk then.

Family trait is it?

OTBC

[/quote]

Didn''t do Horatio Nelson any harm, did it?

Norwich have beaten Swansea twice this season, so would it not have been astute of Martinez, Mancini and Jol to perhaps study these two games to see if there is a tactically sensible way to play Swansea?

Wigan were woeful, Mancini started with just Balotelli up front - a decision that showed naievety far beyond his managerial position. He brought on Aguero after 30 minutes or so when he realised the error of his ways. Very bad planning. Jol, by his own admittance, told his team to stand off Swansea, something that is proving tactically flawed. Probably one of Fulham''s worst performances of the season, and guaranteed not to be repeated in a fortnight''s time.

Now all this either makes Lambert a tactical genius, Norwich players extremely adept at carrying out instruction, other managers as arrogant, or a mix of all three.

During the first part of the season, Norwich and Swansea were being mentioned in the same breath. Of late it has all been about ''Swansea''.

Sour grapes?...maybe.....but Vorm aside, two of their best players currently are Caulker and Siggy, both of whom are loan players who they will need to sign up pretty quickly if their form is to be sustained next season.

All this makes me feel even better about our performance at Swansea.  It was so good to see a team out think the opposition - tactics and  teamwork - just brilliant.    Don''t care that other teams didn''t take note - that''s their lookout.   Just gives you confidence that  Lambert and the team will always find a way - even if there is the odd bad result. 

Some teams/clubs/managers  are so up their own backsides that they can''t  adapt their play - long may that continue - it gives teams like us more of a chance.    Also it was a trait of Norwich when Culverhouse played for us that we played instinctively but with intelligence and always adaptable.    The team under PL and IC are doing it the same way.

[quote user="The Gruffalo"]Not over hyped at all and by far the better team today. Every player that Rodgers brings in drastically improves their first 11. Shame the same can''t be said of us lately. Gylfi Sigurdsson was fantastic again today. The type of midfielder with a solid all round game that Lambert requires in the summer (in fact we need at least a couple of signings in the Sigurdsson mould). The sooner we accept how weak our midfield is the better![/quote]

But what''s your opinion of our goalkeeper?

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Could you do me the honour of telling me wether or not you comment on players or matches on here? I''ve never seen a prediction, a comment on wether Surman is lightweight or not, a moan after losing to Leicester.[/quote]

Family trait is it?

OTBC

[/quote]

Didn''t do Horatio Nelson any harm, did it?[/quote]Win! [Y]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Family trait is it?

OTBC

[/quote] Didn''t do Horatio Nelson any harm, did it?

Duh.

OTBC

[/quote]

Win! [Y]

[/quote]

Duh.

OTBC