Sign in to follow this  
Frankly speaking

Difficult for City to 'Keep Right On To The End Of The Road'

Enjoyed reading that, and recommend to all who can cope with an argument developed over a few paragraphs.

You asked for feedback. How would you respond to the situation? Can PL set the players a new goal? What would that be? Beating Liverpool or City? A certain points total between now and the end of the season? And would that work, given that the primary objective has all but been achieved.

Thanks. What would I do? Difficult without knowing what''s been the target setting (if any) so far.

Would expect the big games (Man City, Liverpool) to look after themselves. Otherwise a word or two from management about players gaining starting places, featuring in plans for next season etc ought to be effective at this stage.

Let''s get one thing straight - I''m not questioning Lambert; I think he produce motivated teams day in , day out.

Interested in your insight and agree with your analysis. What you didn`t mention in terms of target setting is what targets have been set for Lambert. It must have been EPL survival, that was probably the extent of it, and quite rightly so for our first season. In his interviews Lambert is now indicating we are pretty much safe in his view, what interests me is how that then transmits down to the players. I suspect deep down Lambert feels he has achieved his goal for this season and maybe sub consciously that is working it`s way into the players psychi ? There is no doubt that Lamberts attitude has a huge impact on the way we play, just look at the Sunderland game and of course the cup game against Lleicester!