Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

will all the worthy haters get off his back now?

will all the gwt rid of worthy brigade get off his back now? its about time people realised what a great job hes done at this club and to get rid of him would be disastrous!

i truly hope they get off his back now baldybowy

Its not a matter of hating him , we were all fed up with seeing him play his favourites week in week out and hes only changed the team now because he knew we were down and he was a desperate man. What the Worthy lovers should be asking themselves is where would City be now if he had played Safri , Helveg , and dropped Fleming months ago. We are in this position now because of bad management and very poor use of the players at his disposal. All yesterday proved was the Worthy out supporters were RIGHT all along. Ask yourselves why it took such a great manager untill 7 games from the end of the season to work out we needed to get stuck in .

[quote]Its not a matter of hating him , we were all fed up with seeing him play his favourites week in week out and hes only changed the team now because he knew we were down and he was a desperate man. What...[/quote]

How could he play Safri, Bentley and Helveg months ago when they were all injured?

erm..... so Safri and Helveg have been fit and ready to play the last couple of months?

Personally I think he should have been playing Bentley too - look at the difference he made when he came on. Why wasn''t he playing against Arsenal? Let''s blame Worthy! :p

good one!

Yes BedsCanary, we have gone quiet.

This is because if we mention anything about poor tactics, motivation and team selection in relation to the season as a whole, we are only going to get shouted down because Norwich have won ONE game.

Yes, it was Man Utd. But it''s still only ONE game and THREE points.

How many more points could we have had if we had used our best players all season? Or if we had "got stuck in" in some of the other games?

[quote]Its not a matter of hating him , we were all fed up with seeing him play his favourites week in week out and hes only changed the team now because he knew we were down and he was a desperate man. What...[/quote]

Totally agree, Premier1, the ''Worthington haters'' are quiet because there is no need to complain based on yesterdays'' performance and result. However, it doesn''t mean he''s in the clear. As you said, imagine if he had utilised these players all season instead of just choosing his favourites week in week out. While I expect to see the same team who beat ManUre face Palace next weekend, i will still be looking out cautiously for "Holt returns to starting 11" on the city website!!

[quote]Notice how the Worthy bashers have gone very quiet? Worthington''s Green n yella army!![/quote]

Now hang on Beds me lad. I haven''t gone quiet!. That''s not in my spell book mate.

Certainly not after one bloody win, albeit great as it was!.

Before you get on your very high horse and start getting cheeky with us ''Worthy bashers'', let''s just see how long the results keep improving.

If by some miracle Worthy pulls this off (although we would still need our rivals to mess up for this to happen) then maybe, just maybe we''ll go quiet, for a little while (sheer shock) but of course we would be delighted at being wrong, and say so!. 

But I wouldn''t take bets on it my friend, at least not with me, and one or two others I could name.

If nothing else we''re consistent, which is more than you can say for some of you posters!.  

[quote]How could he play Safri, Bentley and Helveg months ago when they were all injured?[/quote]

They clearly weren''t injured at the start of the season, but none were given a fair go or a chance to get settled into the team, so there really is no excuse is there?

[quote]How could he play Safri, Bentley and Helveg months ago when they were all injured?[/quote]

Sorry Beds Canary but you''ve fallen for the line being peddled by Worthy and Neil Adams (on Radio Norfolk) that the manager has ONLY NOW been able to make changes because of injury. That is mostly untrue!

FACT - Helveg was dropped after only 2 games, brought back for the Everton home game and taken off at half time and then disappeared completely until Christmas when injuries meant that Worthy had virtually no choice but to play him. I AGREE that since the FA Cup defeat at West Ham he has been injured but what about what happened before??

FACT - I AGREE that Bentley was brought back at first opportunity. Fair play to Worthy for that but it was pretty obvious wasn''t it?

FACT - Safri payed three games early on in the season. At Anfield he made a mistake which led to a goal and was taken off at half time. HE WAS THEN IGNORED UNTIL DECEMBER WHEN THE INJURIES KICKED IN. He was injured against Spurs on Boxing Day but then made his comeback v Spurs reserves on January 26th. HE HAS BEEN FIT AND AVAILABLE FOR SELECTION SINCE EARLY FEBRUARY BUT, AGAIN, HAS BEEN IGNORED BY WORTHY FOR ANOTHER 2 MONTHS!!

OPINION - After that 4-0 thrashing at Charlton, Shacks should have been brought in. Again, Worthy continued to ignore him until the end of February. I think he had his best game by far v United. MAYBE if Worthy had played him earlier then we MIGHT now be in a much better position to survive?

I think this is a pretty fair relection of the views of us so called ''Worthy haters''. There would be very few complaints if Worthy had used his squad properly and given the likes of Shacks, Helveg and Safri REAL chances to have an impact on the season.

Fans will be very angry with Worthy IF we now piack up some wins but just miss out on survival because of his stubborness in earlier team selections.   

[quote]Sorry Beds Canary but you''ve fallen for the line being peddled by Worthy and Neil Adams (on Radio Norfolk) that the manager has ONLY NOW been able to make changes because of injury. That is mostly unt...[/quote]

I don''t want Worthy to leave at this moment but you have summed up all my frustrations there Rider.  He has not given most of his new signings a chance to settle in, most of them in and then out before they had a chance to blink.

I also think, (as Riders post proves) just because you criticise Worthy does not mean you "hate" him or want him sacked. 

I have to say I''m not a worthy-hater in fact I think he''s done a mostly great job.  Saturday''s performance was fantastic but to my mind it raised as many questions as it answered.

Every fan I know has seen that Holt isn''t just out of his depth at this level he''s out of his depth wearing concrete wellies.  He''s done a great job for this club in past seasons but since Ali Dia for Saints I''ve never seen a player for any premiership club so out of his depth.  Given his performances its just unbelievable worthy has continued to pick him.  Edworthy started very well but has been poor for some time and Stuart just hasn''t looked fit enough.  Anyone who watched Shackell last season could see he was at least as good as Docherty so why he had to wait until the last 5 games for a try is beyond me.

NW clearly still has the dressing room with him and we''re not out of it yet.  The sort of performance we put in yesterday would have been unthinkable under his predecessors.  It saddens me though that I honestly believe we could 5-10 points better off if he''d made the decisions everyone else could see earlier in the season.

One real positive for me from Sat as well though is that for me Huckerby was excellent and did not expose us at all.  I suspect that this is because for once we had a midfield.  Fleming''s performance was also 100% improved.  At the start of the season I thought Fleming was immense but recently he''s been a bit of a laughing stock I just hope that this upturn can be sustained.  A midfield in front of him and a bit of quality in Helveg and Shackell alongside him and I think he may just be able to do a job at this level.

One swallow does not make a summer and unfortuntately this swallow didnt spot it was summer until mid august...  Too little too late from worthy and if anything it just emphasises that changes should have been made earlier and we could have been in with a far better chance of avoiding relegation than the deep do do we still find ourselves in. 

I agree that Eddy could not have been dropped until the Ar$e game but Flem and Holt should have move on long ago.

but ohmigod that win on sat still feels damn good. 

OTBC

[quote]Yes BedsCanary, we have gone quiet. This is because if we mention anything about poor tactics, motivation and team selection in relation to the season as a whole , we are only going to get shouted d...[/quote]

Spot on Mook. 

Beds Canary we don''t hate Worthy we feel that he has wrongly stuck with under performing players for the majority of the season and that has resulted in our poor position in the league.

The following are some of my reasons for being disappointed with Worthy:

Irrespective of injuries there have been times when he could have played the talented Safri, Helveg, and Charlton but chose to stick with Holt, Edworthy, and Stuart. 

His biggest crime is that it took 27 games before he played Shackell who at present is our most consistent defender. 

He brought Doherty as a defender, played him up front, moved him to the back and then dropped him completely. 

Apart from the Man Utd game Fleming has been poor all season but still retains his place. 

He hasn''t been able to motivate the Irish pair Mulryne and McVeigh.

If Worthy had been brave enough then players like Safri, Helveg and Charlton should have been regulars when they were injury free.  We also never saw enough of the youngsters Jarvis, Crow and Henderson.

It is not just a coincidence that when you drop Holt and Edworthy and replace Stuart you end up beating one of the top sides in the Premiership.

No we don''t hate him we just believe he could have done so much better even with our limited resources.

[quote]Spot on Mook. Beds Canary we don''t hate Worthy we feel that he has wrongly stuck with under performing players for the majority of the season and that has resulted in our poor position in the leag...[/quote]

silver fox and mook, you''re both spot on.

The result on Saturday was music to all the supporters irrespective of whether they think that Worthy has done/is doing a good job.

The reason the so called "moaners" are still here is because the club has still NOT met their aspirations for the season. In fact, Worthy himself has not met their aspirations for the season.

So even though Worthy appears to have turned a corner with the team''s result on Saturday the jury remains out on his season long ability. Quite simply he has taken too long to make team adjustments. And yes, he hasn''t been helped by injuries to the squad but as an earlier poster pointed out some posters have simply blamed the lack of performance on injuries which was NOT the case.

I hope the team can continue in the current vein of form until the end of the season. And then the 17th place that I aspired to at the beginning of the season might not be so out of reach.

Hoooflippinraaaaaaaaaay we one a game,but not just a game,it was against Manure. I am now going to withdraw all my words against Worthy now just because we won a game...........................NOT! 31 games to late to praise Worthy!

Hang on a second!

Before christmas our problem had not been conceeding goals, it was mainly a lack of any ability to score them. Saying that our performances had not been that bad, there wasnt much tactically that Worthington could try that he didnt.

The back was solid enough, ok it wasnt great but it didnt appear to be dire either.

Just think back to the 0-0s with Tottenham, Aston Villa, West Brom and other draws where we seemed unable to carve out that one extra chance needed to nick the three points.

He played around with what we had, playing Bently on the left, Jonsson on the right and visa versa. Then there were the front two, Svensson, Hux and McKenzie. I think all combinations of those were tried.

Admittedly Safri impressed in Arsenal match, and I think his absence may have been due to other factors. Maybe he wasnt coping well with Worthingtons strict fitness regieme whilst he was fasting etc.

Its so easy to say that upon a players best performance we should play him, but in reality he may not be in form or may lack confidence or fitness etc. You only know that through being involved in training etc. You have to put faith in the manager for that.

The other factor with that was Francis scoring ability. Back then the Holt/Francis midfield was operating well, Holt playing defencively allowing Francis to push on when needed to the point where he was almost the third striker.

Obviously this has been picked up by opposition now and they exploit the fact that Holt cant be everywhere and Francis can get caught out of position on the counter attack. By the time this started to happen Safri was injured, as was Francis.

I genuinely feel that although injury may not have robbed us of our best players it may have taken tactical choice away from Worthington with many matches. I dont think he ever wanted to play Helveg centre mid but there wasnt much choice.

Also as I have said before, we needed a creative outlet. Hux is absoloutly fantastic but too easy to mark if he is the only creative player on the pitch.

Bently offers that extra dimension and so does Francis when he is committed. I think Safri has some of that ability too, but in spots and spurts - he is more of a long ball player from what I can tell, a bit like Crook! Being robbed of the artistic tallent or the majority of it for two and a half months has taken its toll.

I think that complacency set in for a while when the challenge for places has been reduced. Now that everybody is fit nothing can be taken for granted and even Francis was all over the pitch agains Man U. I truly feel that nobody other than Stuart deserved less than a 7 out of 10 in ratings.

everybody blames worthy for the team selections which i can understand but when they cross that white line its down to them to carry out instructions whether they do or not is another matter. too many players have underperformed this season thats why we are where we are not just because of worthy. you all seem to forget he never managed outside of div 2 before he took over at us yet everybody seems to think he should be great in the prem straight away!