Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Never going to win away from home with 10 men!

For all the reasons mentioned on here before I hope Morison moves on in the summer....

Doesn''t help that he is isolated up front with our best and most creative player (Hoolahan) on the bench. Wes and Fox should start EVERY game for me. Lambert left it far to long again to change it.

Very tough game for him to play in, with the lack of ball in the 1st half, the 4 5 1 doesn''t work unless we have a lot of possession, but he epitomised why he is considered lazy with that bit in the 2nd half when Pilky went through on goal and Morro just trotted along, he should be sprinting to get up in support. I remember watching it thinking Morro must be about to come into the picture but he just never did, then you watch the replay and he doesn''t even try to get there- it''s just so frustrating. No where near the Leicester performance though

I have to say I thought the whole point of the 4-5-1 formation and the diamond was to accommodate Wes. They only work when he is in the team pulling the strings.

How many times do I have to bloody say it.. where the hell is Chris Killen when you need him?!?!

Really? Morison gave a hard working but average performance. Any half decent commentator could see that Morison was isolated - winning headers but with no support from teh attacking midfielder (Howson) or wide players (bennett & pilkington)

Ruddy was comfortable the man of the match, all the others ok to middling with bot ward and whitbread having below average games - worst game from whitbread for a long while.

This post just beggars belief. It was always going to be a tough ask playing the lone striker in a 4-5-1 formation, particularly for one not blessed with great pace but I for one thought Morison worked hard against a pretty solid and mobile Newcastle defence. I would question whether our midfield joined in quickly enough but even that would be a little harsh. Such is the negativity of OP I would suggest they sod off back to TWTD and leave this message board for those who genuinely support our team.  

[quote user="Yellow Through and Through"]This post just beggars belief. It was always going to be a tough ask playing the lone striker in a 4-5-1 formation, particularly for one not blessed with great pace but I for one thought Morison worked hard against a pretty solid and mobile Newcastle defence. I would question whether our midfield joined in quickly enough but even that would be a little harsh. Such is the negativity of OP I would suggest they sod off back to TWTD and leave this message board for those who genuinely support our team.  [/quote]

[Y] ditto.

[quote user="H4H"]For all the reasons mentioned on here before I hope Morison moves on in the summer....[/quote]

Well if he does move on I would like to thank him for the winning goals against Sunderland, QPR and West Brom because without those 9 points we would be in a relegation battle...........

I critiscised Morison in the Leicester game cause he wasn''t putting it in and he''d been like that in a few games before but definately not today!

Morison deserved his place after looking sharp last week and today was giving it his all but was way too isolated, the team collectively was not direct enough and not getting the ball out to the wide players quick enough so Morison had little service!

Morisons performance today was no different to Holts at Stoke the other week and yet noone was giving Holt stick!

I''m all for having a pop at Morison or any player when they don''t put it in but Morison can''t be tarred with that brush today!

[quote user="Yellow Through and Through"]This post just beggars belief. It was always going to be a tough ask playing the lone striker in a 4-5-1 formation, particularly for one not blessed with great pace but I for one thought Morison worked hard against a pretty solid and mobile Newcastle defence. I would question whether our midfield joined in quickly enough but even that would be a little harsh. Such is the negativity of OP I would suggest they sod off back to TWTD and leave this message board for those who genuinely support our team.  [/quote]

Which formations do you suggest where it would be easier playing as a lone striker?

The reason we lost the game and in the previous game is because are final third lacks quality.

We didn''t have a final third today until holt came on far too late.

It''s a mistake from lambert in my opinion but I don''t blame him for trying to keep 1st team players happy by giving them all chances to impress. Apart from holt none of the strikers in recent games haven''t been at their best. But it will come

(Jackson at the end of last season!!!)

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Really? Morison gave a hard working but average performance. Any half decent commentator could see that Morison was isolated - winning headers but with no support from teh attacking midfielder (Howson) or wide players (bennett & pilkington) Ruddy was comfortable the man of the match, all the others ok to middling with bot ward and whitbread having below average games - worst game from whitbread for a long while.[/quote]

Funny old game football; I actually thought Whitbread was outstanding today, especially considering Newcastle''s front three

Didnt think Moro done anything wrong, he didnt get the service, Bennett was cutting in too often wehn he should have been firing balls into the box. Thought Surman had a bit of a mare....Whitbread was at fault for the goal, other than that done alright....We don''t play well in the North East nor do we play well on TV & in the green strip....everything goinh against us....think Wolves will be a different kettle of fish!!!!