Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Thought I''d throw Romania into the pot this week and top of the table Dinamo Bucureşti who face Sportul Studenţesc at home.

I''m hoping Dinamo will be too strong for their neighbours so I''m going for a home win.

A first trip to Slovakia.

MSK Zilina to win at home against DAC.

Zilina with a 6-3-1 and 16/8 home record.

DAC with a 1-0-9 and 6/20 away record.

For some reason Zilina are known as Šošoni (The Shoshons) after the Shoshone native-American tribe, but also as the Žlto-Zelení or TheYellow-Greens, for their admirable choice of club colours.

Who would be a home fan at Wigan ?  1 win, 6 draws, 7 defeats, 11 goals scored, 24 against.  West Brom have a 6-3-5-20-21 record away from home, which is a match for Tottenhams away record over the season.So I''d like to pick an away win for West Brom at Wigan.Good luck all !

Good luck Norfolkchance1.  Now, I''m going to stick in England again this week, with what I would call a banker.  I expect:Man Utd to beat WolvesGood luck Norfolkchance1 and all you Pups.

Championship where I expect Watford  (8-4-6-27-28) to help Coventry (0-3-14-7-29) on their way to League One.Watford v Coventry........Home win. Good luck NC1. [Y]

Nice call Lapps!  I went for that on my accumulator at 9/10 so good odds too.

My nap is even better odds believe it or not but not without danger.

Burton Albion v Torquay - away win, with odds of 5/4 on Torquay it seems good value considering the run that Torquay are on.

Good luck all

All the games I fancied have been taken, so searched high and wide and for various reasons ended up with Brisbane Olympic v the University of Queensland. Partly because Brisbane are top of the league 4/0/0, with a 17/6 GD. University are 0/2/2 with a 2/11 GD. But mainly because a few years back I got chatting to a guy at a bar in Brisbane who apparently played football for the local University, he had a soft spot for Norwich, purely because it reminded him of the Australian colours. Judging by the state he was in I imagine the university team are half-cut by the time they even get onto the pitch.However do be wary that last season the two games between the two clubs were close, although Olympic did win them both.Best of luck all!

Thankyou to everyone for their input this week, its been a really tough ask to try and whittle all the brilliant suggestions down to six as every pickers pick this week has really good merits and the reasoning people have given very helpful. In the end ive gone for three homes and three aways which will hopefully get us a good result this week.

1. Chelsea to beat Leicester in fa cup

2. Real Madrid to beat Malaga in la liga

3. Bursaspor to beat Ankaragan in Turkey

4. Man utd to win away at Wolves in prem ( my selection)

5. West brom to win away at Wigan in prem

6. Torquay to win at Burton in league 2

Thanks everybody and lets hope for the double of a win for us and a win for the boys in yellow on sunday.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Thankyou to everyone for their input this week, its been a really tough ask to try and whittle all the brilliant suggestions down to six as every pickers pick this week has really good merits and the reasoning people have given very helpful. In the end ive gone for three homes and three aways which will hopefully get us a good result this week. 1. Chelsea to beat Leicester in fa cup 2. Real Madrid to beat Malaga in la liga 3. Bursaspor to beat Ankaragan in Turkey 4. Man utd to win away at Wolves in prem ( my selection) 5. West brom to win away at Wigan in prem 6. Torquay to win at Burton in league 2 Thanks everybody and lets hope for the double of a win for us and a win for the boys in yellow on sunday.[/quote]

Sorry Craig. This looks like my fault because there are now no odds for Bursaspor anywhere. Not sure why. But it looks like I''m going to have to ask you for another selection. I will be away from my computer this evening but will be back late tonight. Hope you pick this up buddy.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Thankyou to everyone for their input this week, its been a really tough ask to try and whittle all the brilliant suggestions down to six as every pickers pick this week has really good merits and the reasoning people have given very helpful. In the end ive gone for three homes and three aways which will hopefully get us a good result this week. 1. Chelsea to beat Leicester in fa cup 2. Real Madrid to beat Malaga in la liga 3. Bursaspor to beat Ankaragan in Turkey 4. Man utd to win away at Wolves in prem ( my selection) 5. West brom to win away at Wigan in prem 6. Torquay to win at Burton in league 2 Thanks everybody and lets hope for the double of a win for us and a win for the boys in yellow on sunday.[/quote]

Sorry Craig. This looks like my fault because there are now no odds for Bursaspor anywhere. Not sure why. But it looks like I''m going to have to ask you for another selection. I will be away from my computer this evening but will be back late tonight. Hope you pick this up buddy.

[/quote]

nutty, there were, because you beat me to that pick, but they have gone. Slovan Bratislava in Slovakia was one of my possibles, for which they are odds, if that is any help.

I would say just go with the five you''ve selected it would be horrible if the replacement you selected ended up letting you down!

Thanks Purple. I was sure there were odds. I have looked on Stan James and Laddies but no odds there either. Oddschecker shows a few firms still pricing it at anything up to 1/50!

I hope Norfolkchance1 looks back in here this evening. I''m sure he will have a 7th pick that he just ruled out.

Or, as Kev said, it would be perfectly acceptable to go with the five. It''s Craig''s week in charge and his choice.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]No problem happy to replace bursaspor with az alkmaar to beat nac breda. Hope thats ok![/quote]

Ah 5h1t too late again, sorry.  Just about to post my nap, would have given you another option too what with you picking an alternative[:(]

Chelski to beat Leicester in the cup for me please.Chelsea home win.Good luck to yuo all.Anychance of a signpost to the pups season results?? Thanks.

Going for 3rd time lucky with an FA Cup pick this season! Both of my previous picks in the Cup didn''t come through, but fingers crossed.Spurs to beat Bolton.Cheers. Good luck all!

Thank you Norfolkchance1. This is a very exciting set of selections which you have worked out well.  It''s a snapshot of  any week on these threads. It reflects the many different picking strategies and you have combined them perfectly. I would love us to get that little bit of luck that we are due this week. Not just exciting selections but also a mouthwatering return of £149.62 if we are succesful.

I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and here are the details : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
West Brom @ 13/8
Torquay @ 11/8
Man Utd @ 1/3
Chelsea @ 2/7
AZ @ 1/5
Real Madrid @ 1/6
Six-Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
17/03/2012 01:32:3510.000.00

West Brom and Torquay get us underway today at 3pm. Hopefully they will be successful and we go into Sunday when Man Utd start at 1:30 followed by Chelsea at 2pm, AZ Alkmaar at 3:30 and finally Real Madrid at 8:30. Good luck with these Craig and all you PUPs.

Im getting there, 4 out of 6 are english. 2 of them 4 are 3pm saturdays. Just shows the ''prize'' difference with a couple of english teams in - Much better IMO!!