Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahoop

Morison

Morison should look at Valencia''s goal for manure at wolves where he just ran at the goal so positively and just hammered the ball past the goalie. Morison was in the same position, found himself on his left foot and did not have the confidence to shoot powerfully so in the end it was an intended pass (I think) across the goal.  A confident morison would have buried it.    

Confidence  is the key. 

On such things matches are won or lost.   

He looked frustrated with everything yesterday.I like to compare all strikers to Flecky as he was the main man when I first started watching Norwich.He wasn''t the fastest, or most athletic, but he''d give everything to try and win the ball, to get in to dangerous positions for crosses, and to help out the team.Grant Holt does this, but Morrison falls very short.Morrison seems to want everything on a plate.  I don''t doubt his ability, but if he was awake yesterday, there was at least one or two moves that would have developed into clear chances, rather than fizzling out because he was trudging forward.I don''t know if it''s a lack of confidence, or if it''s more like arrogance, but based on what I''ve seen of the two players, I would never start Morrison over Holt.

I''m not overly in favour of slating our own players and I think Morison has had a decent debut season in the Prem (8 goals is not terrible) but he certainly was poor yesterday. We played some terrific stuff in the second half but just never had anything up front. I know Morison was a lone striker but he just doesn''t have the presence of a Holt or Jackson; I always get the impression defenders are only too aware of those two even if they have the ball or not. Morison never really showed any inclination to get into the box or attack balls. I never thought I''d say it but next time Lambert wants to ''rest'' Holt, I''d quite like to see Wilbraham given a start.

We were by far the better team in the second half and even towards the end of the first, if we could have swapped Morison for either Ba or Cisse, we would have won that game

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

I''m not overly in favour of slating our own players and I think Morison has had a decent debut season in the Prem (8 goals is not terrible) but he certainly was poor yesterday. We played some terrific stuff in the second half but just never had anything up front. I know Morison was a lone striker but he just doesn''t have the presence of a Holt or Jackson; I always get the impression defenders are only too aware of those two even if they have the ball or not. Morison never really showed any inclination to get into the box or attack balls. I never thought I''d say it but next time Lambert wants to ''rest'' Holt, I''d quite like to see Wilbraham given a start.

We were by far the better team in the second half and even towards the end of the first, if we could have swapped Morison for either Ba or Cisse, we would have won that game

[/quote]

Morison can bugger off right now for all I care, he''s let the gaffer and team down..........again.

A lot of naturals who watched the game yesterday have asked me how the hell do we put up with Morisons? Almost to a man they have said he looked lazy and not interested and can''t understand how he got a game ahead of Holt.

In my eyes we have a major problem with him and it is no coincidence that since his work rate has dropped alarmingly his goals have dried up.

I''ve had enough of him and if he can''t be bothered I''d rather he just came out and admitted it rather than affecting the team. I can forgive lack of talent but lack of effort is not acceptable.

it is morrisons attitude that worries me most. a couple of times you could see him swearing at a player when a pass was misplaced, but the worst was in the second half when a through ball caught him offside, just walking slowly back from a previous attack, and he had a go at the passer for not waiting until he got onside. if jay rodriguez is available then please, a swap deal possibly? morro looks like the world is on his shoulders.

Morison is made to look lazy because of the lack of supply he gets. There would be no point in him tracking back all the time, covering large areas of the pitch with no reward, rendering him incapable of the job he''s there to due due to being too knackered.

There was only really one occasion where he seemed to give up chasing a ball not that far in front of him that seemed winnable but to be fair he was probably all run out by then anyway.

I do think there''s some underlying problem with confidence/attitude though possibly due to Tierneygate.

This is something that needs sorting by the club.

The Morison bashing on here really beggars belief. I can see why people think Norwich has a low IQ average when reading some of the cr*p posted on here. You people are so fickle it makes me ashamed to associate myself with the club sometimes.

Then again, maybe a lot of you don''t actually understand football. Actually, that would explain a lot of the posts on here.

It''s not the lack of tracking back that''s the problem it''s the fact he just stands there when we are attacking expecting the ball to come to him rather than him making a run. On several occasions yesterday we put crosses in to the near post area and he was simply standing behind a toon player expecting Bennett or whoever put the cross in to thread it through the eye of a needle to find him. It''s not too much to ask your centre forward to make runs when we have the ball in attacking areas. Just look at Cisse''s movement for their goal.

To compound it after the ball has been cleared he then shrugs his shoulders, waves his hands and shouts at the player who had the audacity to have not been able to find him hidden stationary behind his marker.

Morison didn''t play well yesterday and hasn''t for many weeks now.  There is clearly something up as he is a shadow of his early season form and does seem to spend a huge amount of time bickering and sulking, for whatever reason that may be.   This needs to be sorted out but in the meantime, why is he still being picked?  On yesterday''s performance, he should have been taken off much earlier but that''s not his fault as he can''t sub himself.  He has absolutely no confidence and shouldn''t play again until his head is right but again, that''s down to Lambert as he picks the team.  We played some very good football yesterday, bringing the ball out of defence and playing it round in midfield but there was no cutting edge.  When Howson was looking tired about an hour in, he should have come off with Morison for Holt and Jackson.  That would have stretched the Toon defence and given them something to think about as Morison was causing them very few problems.I''m not saying that Holt or Jackson would have scored the last minute chance but I''m fairly confident they would have taken it with a great deal more conviction.

I''ve yet to knock Moro as I know he can deliver but there is obviously something not right. Even though he did seem to try harder in the 2nd half he didnt deliver much but in his defence was very isolated.

The main thing I thought a tad odd with the before kick off warm up. Everyone was pinging the ball about or taking shots at Ruddy and he was on his own, not talking to anyone, arms behind back standing still (not one stretch) staring at the opposition goal or the centre spot! Now maybe he psyches himself up by doing this but with all the stick he has been getting you''d think he didnt want to add fuel to the fire.

I still think playing with Holt brings out the best in him. He is low on confidence and it is quite possible that factors we are unaware of may be contributing to this. I sense he may be playing for his premiership future though in the last few games as Lambert with more cash in his pocket this summer will want to strengthen up front what about Fletcher if Wolves go down?

But why go to Newcastle and play 1 up front why not 4-4-2 why wait till the final third to make changes why start with Wes  Holt and Jackson on the Bench and play Howson,Who IMO is not good enought (YET), Is Lambert convinced we are safe and it don''t matter anymore so its ok to tinker about with the starting 11, Well Play them same 11 on Saturday and Wolves will have a field day and get a hat load, Yes I too think we are safe but is it not best to be sure than sorry later, we are now looking at what other teams are doing and Hope that all the Bottom 3 keep gettin beat.    

[quote user="pete_norw"]But why go to Newcastle and play 1 up front why not 4-4-2 why wait till the final third to make changes why start with Wes  Holt and Jackson on the Bench and play Howson,Who IMO is not good enought (YET), Is Lambert convinced we are safe and it don''t matter anymore so its ok to tinker about with the starting 11, Well Play them same 11 on Saturday and Wolves will have a field day and get a hat load, Yes I too think we are safe but is it not best to be sure than sorry later, we are now looking at what other teams are doing and Hope that all the Bottom 3 keep gettin beat.    [/quote]You Cannot be serious

Quite so, it is astonishing how our supporters feel the need for a scapegoat all the time, it seems a player just isn''t allowed to lose form.

Fact is, most people agreed Holt had an iffy game against Wigan, and Moro had played well, so why shouldn''t he start? Lambo can''t see into the future, so how was he to know Moro would have an off day?

IMO the line-up was pretty close to what I''d have started yesterday, and similar line-ups away from home most games, perhaps with Holt for Moro if both on form.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smokebomb"]This thread is unbelievabuble. [/quote]Michael Buble live is unbelievabuble.[/quote]

Almost

I believe there were few shining lights apart from Howson and Ruddy on Sunday.No other player stood out, our team performance matched a lacklustre Newcastle. I believe I was a little over-critical following the game but I still don''t think our performance warranted anymore than a draw. We never were a genuine threat and yes Whitbread could have scored an equaliser for us but it was the performance not the result which disappointed me more. I was expecting a bit more of a positive reaction to the Wigan game, certainly the Stoke and Leicester game we never found any rhythmn. We will have money to spend in the next transfer window which will improve our first 11 and then again in January 2013 the same again. If you are on the fringes now, you most def. will be next season and if you are fighting for a first team place, now is the time to show your real ability otherwise you will be on the fringes next season.That is what happens in football, you look to add and better what you already have and no question we will do that this Summer.So as we say we move to Wolves at home, I hope for a 4-4-2 and the ball moving quickly to the flanks for crosses coming in for Morison and Holt. I think there are a number of players that have impressed this season that now need to get going again. If you show your desire now and perform then these new players will find it hard to remove you from your starting position. However if you don''t then you will be a fringe player. We need to see good quality crossing and strong stout defending this coming Saturday. Oh and some goals to win the game.

Aren''t you glad that I do not send you down the trenches with a few of the individuals on here Steve Morison?They would be pushing you up and over by yourself, while they sat back and then blame you for getting shot.As for the ridiculous decisions to send you in to battle alone, due to other areas of our starting 11 not being strong enough..

Haven''t read most of the posts here, however, i thought he had a bad game, but certainly not a bad player. In fact could be one of our best.

Like most, I don''t like anyone playing that lone striker role. It must be a hard job, especially for him as he''s obviously struggling at the moment and must be aware that it''s not been love at first sight with the fans.

So I think it''s unfair to blame him personally as many have done, he was asked to do a job and he would have had to been exceptional yesterday to even come close to shining, very hard job.

Onwards and upwards i say, he''s one of us - If you can''t support him personally right now, do it for Lambert and the rest of the team as they deserve some major payback from us during this down period. And i mean MAJOR payback, think about it before picking a scapegoat.

the scapegoat tag is something that can be used as you will always know your weakest player.Steve Redgrave always said you were as strong as your weakest member of the team.Now in the case of our striker Morison, he has scored goals which have won us points. Ruddy has been in goal and saved us points even won us points. Grant Holt has scroed goals and won us points. Whitbread has defended stoutly and won us points.But some players have not produced winning displays enough when in the team, some of these are players who I like who have a good future, but if I was to label them as scapegoats it would be more appropriate than those who have actually cemented our points, goals etc. In this league the stats that matter are goals, wins and clean sheets. Some players who have a reputation have not lived up to them with enough goal scoring threat.As I said some of the players who are starting will become fringe players next season as we look to better our first 11 and squad.

[quote user="pete_norw"]But why go to Newcastle and play 1 up front why not 4-4-2 why wait till the final third to make changes why start with Wes  Holt and Jackson on the Bench and play Howson,Who IMO is not good enought (YET), Is Lambert convinced we are safe and it don''t matter anymore so its ok to tinker about with the starting 11, Well Play them same 11 on Saturday and Wolves will have a field day and get a hat load, Yes I too think we are safe but is it not best to be sure than sorry later, we are now looking at what other teams are doing and Hope that all the Bottom 3 keep gettin beat.    [/quote]............why would wolves get "a hat load " against the same 11 at carrow road, that a much better team only scored one against at st.james? logic not your strong suit i fancy.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]He is good enough, he has what 8 or 9 Premiership goals?.[/quote]so did Gary Doherty for spurs.....

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="pete_norw"]But why go to Newcastle and play 1 up front why not 4-4-2 why wait till the final third to make changes why start with Wes  Holt and Jackson on the Bench and play Howson,Who IMO is not good enought (YET), Is Lambert convinced we are safe and it don''t matter anymore so its ok to tinker about with the starting 11, Well Play them same 11 on Saturday and Wolves will have a field day and get a hat load, Yes I too think we are safe but is it not best to be sure than sorry later, we are now looking at what other teams are doing and Hope that all the Bottom 3 keep gettin beat.    [/quote]............why would wolves get "a hat load " against the same 11 at carrow road, that a much better team only scored one against at st.james? logic not your strong suit i fancy.[/quote]

As the teacher wrote, Must try harder

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="pete_norw"]But why go to Newcastle and play 1 up front why not 4-4-2 why wait till the final third to make changes why start with Wes  Holt and Jackson on the Bench and play Howson,Who IMO is not good enought (YET), Is Lambert convinced we are safe and it don''t matter anymore so its ok to tinker about with the starting 11, Well Play them same 11 on Saturday and Wolves will have a field day and get a hat load, Yes I too think we are safe but is it not best to be sure than sorry later, we are now looking at what other teams are doing and Hope that all the Bottom 3 keep gettin beat.    [/quote]............why would wolves get "a hat load " against the same 11 at carrow road, that a much better team only scored one against at st.james? logic not your strong suit i fancy.[/quote]

As the teacher wrote, Must try harder

[/quote]........or detention for you young man.[:D]

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

Lots of arm waving

Lot of finger pointing

Lots of grumping

VERY LITTLE intelligent runs or class whatsoever!

Simply Not Good Enough!

[/quote]

He was on his tod and didn''t get any decent service. I don''t think Rooney or any of the big name strikers can do much without quality service.

Rooney may not have had any more success than Morrison did, but he probably would have looked more interested.It''s not crtitism for the sake of it. If any player wants a place in the Norwich team, and to be paid thousands of pounds each week by our club, they need to show that they deserve it... and I''ve seen nothing in Morrison''s match performances of late which suggests that he does.He''s a good player, but he needs to work harder during the matches, because he isn''t good enough to simply coast through.

[quote user="bringbackandyhughes"]A lot of naturals who watched the game yesterday have asked me how the hell do we put up with Morisons? Almost to a man they have said he looked lazy and not interested and can''t understand how he got a game ahead of Holt.

In my eyes we have a major problem with him and it is no coincidence that since his work rate has dropped alarmingly his goals have dried up.

I''ve had enough of him and if he can''t be bothered I''d rather he just came out and admitted it rather than affecting the team. I can forgive lack of talent but lack of effort is not acceptable.[/quote]This sums up what''s wrong with most English fans understanding of football.