Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahoop

Morison

Lots of arm waving

Lot of finger pointing

Lots of grumping

VERY LITTLE intelligent runs or class whatsoever!

Simply Not Good Enough!

He is good enough, he has what 8 or 9 Premiership goals?

He''s not doing too well as of late, obviously something going on there, he''ll be back to his best soon.

Poor game again from him, you could see him getting frustrated at the lack of balls to him in the first half. Showed that lazy part of him again in bits, can be a very frustrating player, i just hope he gets a goal soon.

here we go again!!! lets slate morison, he wasnt the worst at all, that was clueless 1 yd pass Surman!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]here we go again!!! lets slate morison, he wasnt the worst at all, that was clueless 1 yd pass Surman!!!
[/quote]

Here we go again!!! lets slate Surman, maybe just for a change lets have a break for a week from slating either Surman or Morison.

If you are going to play him then give him the right service. Quality balls into the box that he can attack. Thats what he''s good at, but again today there was very little quality in the supply for him to feed on. Apart from the chance at the end I don''t think he done to much wrong he was just isolated and feeding on scraps.

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

Lots of arm waving

Lot of finger pointing

Lots of grumping

Simply Not Good Enough!

[/quote]

Who needs enemies when you have your own supporters?

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

Lots of arm waving

Lot of finger pointing

Lots of grumping

Simply Not Good Enough!

[/quote]

Who needs enemies when you have your own supporters?

where was this poor game from him? he worked the, chose which balls to chase and forced errors from their back line.

Sadly it was a lack lustre perfromance from the whole team today.

And can you honestly say we got any better when holt, wes or martin came on?

I can''t comment on his overall performance as I listened to it on the radio but IMO the one thing that stood out from the commentary was part of his game that always frustrates me when he is playing as a lone striker which is he spends to much time out wide instead of being in the box, others who watched it on TV may have seen it differently.

Radio Norfolk said he had a chance towards the end of the game but the shot was so powder puff it was more like a backpass.

[quote user="Harry"]Radio Norfolk said he had a chance towards the end of the game but the shot was so powder puff it was more like a backpass.[/quote]

people often say my granny could have done better and its a bit of an exageration , but really my granny could have done better and shes been dead about 30 years OTBC

It was a lacklustre performance, that was barely much better than last week.However the players played to the system we adopted which did isolate Morison. We had to change it at half time if we wanted the win, today we our performance, tactics did not warrant a win. Did we deserve to lose, maybe... Ruddy pulled off some great savesI can understand frustrations when the quality he was given was so lacking. We are struggling at the moment constant player personnel changes, tacitcal changes and swapping of players etc. We now need a result against Wolves, which could be a good thing as we will need to match their need to win, we need to get out of this little slide.A number of players did not perform today and haven''t the last few games. Howson looked very busy and dictated play very well, he made mistakes but he never shyed away from getting the ball. I barely saw Surman or Pilks... Pilks and EB needed to get crosses in the box and they better do that next week.Morison certainly was not a bad player today, like Holt last week, what can you do if you have very little quality service.

Lack lustre?    They were in command in the second half - pushed Newcastle right back for quite a long period.  Could easily have scored in that period - Whitbread''s header was the moment - but Krul was equal to it.    Some of you guys must be living on a different planet.   We gave Newcastle a good gamel.  Weathered the storm (wasn''t much of a storm, really) and then came back at them.  Well played!

Newcastle did not play well.First 5 minutes Ba tried a terrible lob when Drury played him onside after Whitbread let him ghost past him.Ruddy''s great finger tip saveRuddy made four or five goal scoring saves today on top of these 2Krul made a save from Pilky and Whitbreads header... a great save from Whitbread that was powerfully controlled, if it was three yards to his left or right it would have been 1-1. But we barely peppered their goal or got behind the back line. Moriosn had little support in the first half, our midfield five did not control the midfield and allow us to get into the final third.Few players were a little quiet, Surman and Fox... the two wide boys barely got a cross in or got past their full backs, in fact their full backs def won that little fight. Whitbread was not as good as other games, but he has been playing exceptionally well. Howson was very tidy, you can see that his movement, the fact he never shy''s away from the ball is a good thing.On paper theIr players values are well above our own, a home game at st james and a 1-0 loss is not a bad result at all, we played such a new system with different players. It is just I wanted to see a reaction to the Wigan game, we did get one but against a lacklustre Newcastle we put in a performance that did not warrant us to a victory today.So bring on the Wolves game, forget this one and lets see a reaction.

How do people say it was lack lustre by listening to it on the radio?

In my opinion watching it on sky, Norwich were the better team, and deserved at least a draw! We had more possession, passed the ball round well and made Newcastle look poor. I expected a lot more from them. They only hit us on the break every now and again. Even though they did look dangerous when they did attack. Morrison was poor today. Even though he was up front on his on, his decision making was poor. His knock ons were never finding another city shirt. He had a fantastic chance at the end to score,but his shot was so tame ( I''ve seen a 5 year old kick a ball harder and more accurate) His confidence is obviously very low, and until he sorts out his problems (injury or what ever it is) he should clearly not be starting!

I didn''t think Morison was too bad to be honest.  He was up front on his own and got no service what so ever and when he did recieve the ball once in a blue moon he had no support what so ever.  I would start him and Holt next week.

However after saying all that his attempt at the end was pathetic.

[quote user="im spartacus"]

[quote user="Harry"]Radio Norfolk said he had a chance towards the end of the game but the shot was so powder puff it was more like a backpass.[/quote]

people often say my granny could have done better and its a bit of an exageration , but really my granny could have done better and shes been dead about 30 years OTBC

[/quote]

It was awful to be fair.

I enjoyed watching the game on Sky, but I would never say that we looked like a team that was going to win today. Newcastle, were lacklustre ubt after the scored did not need to do much more. We came more into the game, but the closest we came in the fist half was Howsons 20 yard strike and Surman''s left foot shot which flew across the goal from 8 yards out. Is it a game I will remember at the end of the season? No. I did not think the performance warranted anymore than what we got. We did not bring on changes early enough.Ruddy made some great saves and his finger tip save was def. going in.

As far as I can see colneycanary I''m the only person on this thread who has said I listened to the match on the radio and if you look back at my 2 other posts in it you will see I haven''t mentioned the word lackluster so please get your facts right.

We more than matched a team with Champions League ambitions and shackled their much vaunted attack. The lads deserve credit for a great performance, including Moro. Every comment from a Newcastle fan has stated how relieved they are and what a decent side Norwich are and we played some lovely stuff at times. If there was any team that was lacklustre then it was the home team.