Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Poor Leeds

Not City I accept but it would require a heart of steel for any City fan not to be shedding a tear for the poor Leeds

tears of laughter

What I still find funny, is how some Norwich fans moaned that Ipswich laughed at us for getting relegated to League One. Yet Norwich fans are perfectly happy to laugh at Ipswich, Leeds or Wolves... Suppose thats how a ''rivalry'' works, I just find it a little strange, i''d rather focus on beating them in a game of football, rather than laughing at other teams beating them, means nothing to me if Forrest thrash Leeds, if we thrashed Leeds on the other hand....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]What I still find funny, is how some Norwich fans moaned that Ipswich laughed at us for getting relegated to League One. Yet Norwich fans are perfectly happy to laugh at Ipswich, Leeds or Wolves... Suppose thats how a ''rivalry'' works, I just find it a little strange, i''d rather focus on beating them in a game of football, rather than laughing at other teams beating them, means nothing to me if Forrest thrash Leeds, if we thrashed Leeds on the other hand....[/quote]

You''re learning. Keep it up and one day you won''t find it strange at all, just natural.

I guess Norwich fans didn''t like it when ipswich fans laughed at us for being relegated. We didn''t like it when they waved money at us. We didn''t like it when they reckoned "they''d never play us again". But we love it now and wouldn''t change a thing.

Bluemike, Chabal, Portman King...

All gone!

All that''s left is a few straggler binners on here who don''t realise they''ve been rumbled[;)]

"means nothing to me if Forrest thrash Leeds" a lot of words for what ''means nothing''As to the rest of us then some clubs are worthy of mockery, Leeds being oneIt''s a quiet night for City fans so there''s time for a laughLeeds losing ................ by what appears to be the heaviest ever number of goals conceded at home.............. and who should be the person to lead them to such a disaster ?why, if it isn''t dear old Colin himself

ps seven is quite a lot of goals to explain away by the other team cheating, isn''t it Colin ?

"We didn''t like it when they waved money at us"A rather frightening figure is that were all those not too bright, over excited, young farmhands to be waving money at us now based on what their impoverished club owes, it would be £35,000 each. I believe the interest Evans charged them last season was about 40% of their season ticket sales/gates receipts. Sadly the interest willonly  be higher and the ticket amount lower this year.Who can they sell this summer ? Maybe someone will take a gamble on Chopra ?

I think it''d be fairly easy to lure Snodgrass away, its the fact that Leeds actually seem keen to keep him. Howson, despite being an actual Leeds lad (or so i''m led to believe) was happy enough to move to the premiership, he knew Leeds weren''t going up season, probably not even next season, And Snodgrass I think is out of contract at the end of next season, rather than this season that a lot of people seem to think, so Leeds are going to have to splash some money to get some quality in, or risk losing a couple more of their best players.

[quote user="City1st"]"means nothing to me if Forrest thrash Leeds"

a lot of words for what ''means nothing''

As to the rest of us then some clubs are worthy of mockery, Leeds being one

It''s a quiet night for City fans so there''s time for a laugh

Leeds losing ................ by what appears to be the heaviest ever number of goals conceded at home

.............. and who should be the person to lead them to such a disaster ?

why, if it isn''t dear old Colin himself

ps seven is quite a lot of goals to explain away by the other team cheating, isn''t it Colin ?

[/quote]

It''s all Grant Holt''s fault.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I think it''d be fairly easy to lure Snodgrass away, its the fact that Leeds actually seem keen to keep him. Howson, despite being an actual Leeds lad (or so i''m led to believe) was happy enough to move to the premiership, he knew Leeds weren''t going up season, probably not even next season, And Snodgrass I think is out of contract at the end of next season, rather than this season that a lot of people seem to think, so Leeds are going to have to splash some money to get some quality in, or risk losing a couple more of their best players.[/quote]Snodgrass has been an average player in a poor Leeds side for a few years now....an average player in a crap team will always look good.

Jas, could you not say Grant Holt was an average player before joining Norwich city? Or is he still an average player in a crap team looking good?

I''d say 90% of our squad, is made up of previously average players. Some like Howson and Bennett were stars at their clubs, but essentially most of them are either average Championship or even League One players.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Jas, could you not say Grant Holt was an average player before joining Norwich city? Or is he still an average player in a crap team looking good?

I''d say 90% of our squad, is made up of previously average players. Some like Howson and Bennett were stars at their clubs, but essentially most of them are either average Championship or even League One players.[/quote]holt has played and scored goals at all levels of football in his career (apart from the premiership) before joining Norwich city, his record at Rochdale and Shrewsbury indicated he has half decent.whats snodgrass done?

I''d say 13 goals in 35 games for a midfielder, in a rubbish team isn''t too bad...

Our squad is full of ''average'' players, do you think Howson is only average? What about Johnson? Whitbread, Ruddy, Naughton, Tierney, Fox, Morison, Jackson +most of the others. They didn''t exactly do anything remarkable before joining Norwich did they?

If Lambert wants Snodgrass, and buys him (and if rumours are to be believed, he did try and buy him last summer), that must be good enough? He''s turned nearly every ''average'' player he has signed, from League One of the Championship, and turned them into players/a team capable of competing with the top teams in the premiership.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''d say 13 goals in 35 games for a midfielder, in a rubbish team isn''t too bad... Our squad is full of ''average'' players, do you think Howson is only average? What about Johnson? Whitbread, Ruddy, Naughton, Tierney, Fox, Morison, Jackson +most of the others. They didn''t exactly do anything remarkable before joining Norwich did they? If Lambert wants Snodgrass, and buys him (and if rumours are to be believed, he did try and buy him last summer), that must be good enough? He''s turned nearly every ''average'' player he has signed, from League One of the Championship, and turned them into players/a team capable of competing with the top teams in the premiership.[/quote]

Lambert will obviously do what he thinks is right, but with Surman and Pilkington in the squad I''m not sure what Snodgrass would really add. I think we have more pressing needs (another striker, a holding midfielder who can play a bit and two fullbacks (one to replace Naughton/be Naughton on a perm and one to cover/replace Tierney).