Sign in to follow this  
Frankly speaking

Have City lost focus in recent games?

What about the ongoing motivation of a cup run and the chance to play at Wembley?

I enjoyed the piece but also wondered, in addition to my first point, whether like some athletes, they slow down before they reach the tape. Or, using the example of Satchin Tendulkar, get stuck before the ultimate prize which is also why Andy Murray lacks the mental edge of Nadal, Federer or Djocovic (sic).

My participation sport is cycling and I once read an article about a renowned hill-climber. His basic point was that most people, and I tend to do this myself, relax as they crest the hill whereas he accelerated at that point and gained considerably in the descent.

One thing about a season ticket though. having paid for it it incentivises you to go to games even after the team have switched off for the season which in turn dis-incentivises players and their managers to perform because they know they have already sold the seats.

No!

The team are so influenced by Lambert which is why the team were so lacklustre and halfhearted against Leicester!

Man U we played well for most of the game, anything other than a defeat would have been a tremendous result!

Stoke away is tough for better teams than us, we didn''t play at our best, didn''t have the right formation and yet Stoke only beat us very narrowly!

Wigan at home we wern''t at our best, typical Norwich display in a game everyone thought was a home banker and yet we still got a point in as game we should really have lost!

Newcastle have been excellent at home this season yet only beat us narrowly 1-0!

Our recent results aren''t positive but I don''t think the team has massively lost form!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

No!

The team are so influenced by Lambert which is why the team were so lacklustre and halfhearted against Leicester!

Man U we played well for most of the game, anything other than a defeat would have been a tremendous result!

No reason to hang head down on this result.  Great performance, result not unexpected however.

Stoke away is tough for better teams than us, we didn''t play at our best, didn''t have the right formation and yet Stoke only beat us very narrowly!

0 points is still 0.  Worst match of the season and why should we have been intimidated by Stoke?

Wigan at home we wern''t at our best, typical Norwich display in a game everyone thought was a home banker and yet we still got a point in as game we should really have lost!

1 point at home playing against the bottom of the table clubWhy did it even get to that point?

Newcastle have been excellent at home this season yet only beat us narrowly 1-0!

But the squad only played for 30 minutes Newcastle are not the elite... See Stoke comment.

Our recent results aren''t positive but I don''t think the team has massively lost form!

I rather disagree and will you still feel the same if we don''t get a result from the current bottom of the table club?

[/quote]