Sign in to follow this  
chicken

What can and cannot be said?

Sorry that I have taken a little while to respond to this and to not continue the thread from which it is taken. Firstly here is the quote from rich:

"that we concentrate on the football for the rest of the season. Why is it everytime we win people are on here saying ha ha that shows you worthington''s great like anyone on here would be upset because norwich won, we wouldn''t, we''d all be happy (apart from the odd weird ipswich and portsmouth fan with nothing better to do than wind us up by hanging out here.)

If he lost again next week no doubt others would be on saying how bad he was.  I have at certain points expressed my doubts about nigel and still have some, with or without saturday''s great result and man management. However, these are based on years of management and not one game.  So let''s just leave the stupid ha I showed you worthington was good and ha I showed you worthington was bad and concentrate on the things that matter, the games.  we''ll have plenty of time to re-debate worthy next summer. until then he''s in charge and the team have that slim slim chance.

ayway i''m going back to enjoy my monday sun"

I think this sums up exactly what a lot of posters on this board have been like this season. They gave up on Norwich having any chance of survival by christmas demanding that we need to get rid of half the squad and bring in four or five players in January. By the end of the transfer window many people were starting to call for Worthingtons head to be placed on the block.

Amoungst the arguments against the Worthington supporters was a call that last seasons success can not be used in defence of Worthington, history that old is immaterial. One comment was that a manager is only as good as the last game he managed.

Yet we get an incredible win, and Worthington supporters are told that we are not alowed to use it to support our beliefs!

I have been sick and tired of this slagging off on here for ages. Every time another more possitive poster like myself tries to argue against the negativness insults are thrown at us. Yellow Tinted Shades, unrealistic, blinded by stupidity yet one of the things that has been said by this obviously niaeve group of posters has been:

Stop the moaning and get on with the football - SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

So it comes as a bit of a surprise to me that one of the chief instigators of the "we are rubbish" talk has now turned around and said exactly the same thing. But still will not accept that perhaps he was wrong. Another idea taken up is to leave any of the gripes to the summer, another point made by the rose tinted brigade.

So I dont think any of us need to say Worthington has done fantastically to make anyone look silly. Dont worry about that rich, you have done that for us. Just that at least I will not promise rubbing anything in in the future because what you have effectively suggested is that it is alright for you to berate the team when its not doing so well and its not ok for anyone else to praise the team despite you when we do well, and use it to counter your arguments.

Anyway, I am glad to see that at least one of you guys is happy, I just hope its for longer than five minutes!

did I spill your pint or something chicken because you have some issues here, like a whole post against me don''t know whether to be honoured or concerned

so here goes, again.

1: I think this sums up exactly what a lot of posters on this board have been like this season. They gave up on Norwich having any chance of survival by christmas demanding that we need to get rid of half the squad and bring in four or five players in January. By the end of the transfer window many people were starting to call for Worthingtons head to be placed on the block

can you argue that we didn''t needed new players in january and that ashton certainly has been a huge influence and that others would have helped.  That I said worthington should leave is right so what you arguing here.  I said that in january, and again around about march when we had a small chance to turn it around. I''ll say it at the end of the season too. Now we all agree it''s no use getting anyone in and nigel is there so why argue it. I wasn''t and if you trace a few of my older posts I said this before the result.

2:So I dont think any of us need to say Worthington has done fantastically to make anyone look silly. Dont worry about that rich, you have done that for us. Just that at least I will not promise rubbing anything in in the future because what you have effectively suggested is that it is alright for you to berate the team when its not doing so well and its not ok for anyone else to praise the team despite you when we do well, and use it to counter your arguments.

no what I said was that every game we lose someone would come on here saying oh worthy''s bad, every game oh worthy''s good.  I said to judge over a whole season. the result against man utd was great, but raised more questions than it maybe answered. I made my arguements on seasons at appropriate intervals, when that post was started I made the point that the board shouldn''t turn into how great he is cos he won, how bad he is cos he lost.  I think if we lost against palace saturday we wouldn''t come back saying he must resign. opinions are known. a single game changes nothing.

3: Anyway, I am glad to see that at least one of you guys is happy, I just hope its for longer than five minutes

I hope that I am too, depends on the results though doesn''t it. I''m happier cos were going down fighting. sorry if my mood is often dictated by the football club I love, even if you somehow don''t think I do.

you can say what you want on here, which some people seem to have forgotten. the thing is this board is about football and norwich, I accept that people have totally differing views, I was trying to draw a line under the arguement for a while.  If you want to talk about it in the summer and say we beat man united worthington is great then I''m happy to here your point and others.

I''ve said what I''ll say and responded to your highly questionable post, the situation is stupid and wasting good post space. If you want to continue some sort of debate the  let''s do it by email and not waste other''s time who want to read about the team. not some form of message board fight club.

rich

Top post Chicken, 5* from me.

from now on we need positives, get behind the team and believe, believe, BELIEVE!

We can do it, lets start by tearing Palace to pieces on saturday!

i think you slightly missed the point because it is confusing, he isn''t saying stop the moaning and get behind the team. he''s saying that was an arguement used in a previous arguement. told you it was confusing. but I''m all for that stopping the moaning and getting behind the team which is what I would say everyone here is doing in the last week or so and was the precise point of my post about not using every game as a score in the worthy in out arguement.

so five stars for stating the obvious.

All rich is saying is to warn against the knee jerk reactions based on one game. Worthy will always his supporters and detractors like any manager. However we must judge him over a period and in relation to the job at hand and not just a one off result whether that be beating one of the biggest clubs in the world or losing at home to that city''s other team.

There has been much evidence this season of serious shortfalls in certain aspects of how the team have played, last Saturday everything came right. IF those same things are done at Palace and through to May 14th Worthy may well have done enough to convert those doubters by showing that he has actually learnt from this first season back.

Saturday was one of those "serminal" results for me- something to rival the 1-0 against Ipswich in the Cup in 85 and the 2-1 against Munich in 93. They come along so rarely that we will never forget. Was it a fluke or a portent of a bright future? Only time will tell, but being Norwich its sure to be another bumpy ride!!

Sorry Rich, I wasnt really directing everything at you, it just so happens that I felt your comments summed up a lot of the negative attitude on here.

More often than not it is directed at the people who try to have a more possitive outlook on the situation. And it has to be said it is likey to have some sort of effect on players should those feelings get through to them.

One thing I will say though is that at least you stick around to be proven wrong. A lot of the negative posters disapear after signs of success and then return when we loose to Arsenal/Chelsea asking why we didnt do better! So I guess unfortunately you are the only one left to direct any sort of vengence at!

I reckon you are a quality supporter at the end of the day. I just feel that because Worthington hasnt set the place alight he has been questioned by sections of the supporters. But before a ball had been kicked this season we were still in a bit of a grey area when it came to financial stability.

People have questioned the boards intent but going on last years losses they actually pulled out a few stoppers to get in some players that were more likely to get us where we needed to go.

Otherwise I am totally with you, the problem is we should all have been getting on with the football a long time ago. Yet some, not nesisarily you have been inciting relegation for months - and from supporters that is simply not good enough.

Right now we need every voice to be singing at Palace like the last games of last season such as Reading away where the stadium was actually rocking (bloody scary when you are as high up as I was) with the roar of our fans. I was temporarily deafened that day, had no voice and still dont actually know what any Reading chants sound like! Fantastic and the players seemed to get a little something extra from it!

hey chicken don''t worry about it i''ll be the first to admit that in the past I''ve been a bit of prat with stuff I said and deserved some stick. I''ve been quite knee jerky really at times. It''s the way I am with football and other things, I think it''s my aries element

That was partly the reason behind my post because I didn''t want others to go down that round of knee jerk comments. It''s really stupid and unfair to some people invovled. I just wanted this website to be a place where people could look forward to coming and take solace no matter what the result.  If it''s a good result we should come and celebrate and if it''s bad come on talk about practical solutions. we all cheer when we win, we all get down when we lose. the solution is to win more clearly

i''ll look you out at fulham at the end of the season, or the party in norwich afterwards and buy you a drink and we can set the plan for next season wherever we may be