Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Summer signings...

On the subject of strikers, I think we would have to look abroad as premier league/british strikers are prohibitively expensive. That brings it own problems with language/settling in etc. - its a big gamble, so one we have to get right.

We need 4-5 players.Right back - NaughtonLeft back - maybe look at in January, if we re-sign Drury. But I expect him to not have a new contract at times players have skipped past him and we cannot afford an aged player to drop in fitness and allow every player to skip past.Right Midfield/ Left midfield - M Phillips, Adam Hamill?Central Midfield - HoldenStriker - Nugent, Carlton Cole (if west ham don''t come up), european optionsWe need to spend a good fair bit and bring in a few players. This year our wingers have been tidy but not electric, our forwards have scored but we need an X factor forward, our defence has been creaky uptil Chelsea and we are beginning to see changes there if we sign Whitbread.I expect Naughton to have a good price, Holden again to be a good price, a forward I would want us to spend £4million. Hence I see that at close to £12million and that is without a wide player. I expect quite a bit being spent on four or five players, but I can see us bringing a return on some of the players we have bought in the past.

I think we need TWO strikers. Morison is out of his depth at this level, Martin has no future at the club and Wilbraham will leave in the summer. That leaves Holt and Jakcson (miracle if Vaughan will ever plays a full season). I agree we need 4 quality stikers, for me Rodriguez and Rhodes would be perfect.

Another move for Snodgrass would seem possible, and I agree with the tall commanding defensive midfielder.

In defence We are ok for CB even with Barnett likely to leave. Nuaghton and Gunter would complete the squad.

smooth, players have skipped past Drury?

Well by my reckoning, Naughton, R.Martin and Tierney let just as many players ''skip past'' them as Drury has. If a player is faster, and skilful, of course they are going to get past. And Lambert isn''t going to play an unfit player, hence Naughton playing at LB a few times. If winger didn''t get past full backs, you wouldn''t play wingers. Drury is still a fantastic defender, his experience works just as well against the wingers and full backs he''s come up against as Naughton''s pace.

I have been very impressed with Drury this season. He has surpassed what I thought he would do. But after a number of years where he has been offered short term contracts and having played behind so many other left backs at carrow road. I wonder if next season may be that step too far.I remember watching Fleming getting turned in one game in the premiership and the striker going straight past him and it was then that it was clear that yard of pace had gone and that he would not be able to cope with the following season. Yes I know that is one player, but I have seen it in Drury''s game and wonder if one more season may be that step too far where, someone who is a weak link can become an achilles heel.I would not be surprised if he doesn''t get offered a new contract, but I would also not be surprised if he did sign for one more year. As where do you pick up left backs, but I am sure we will look at options.I have seen our full backs have wingers ghost past them, so you are right he is not alone. But as I have said on previous posts you look to improve your squad with new signings and those young players developing. No question Naughton will, Martin again is showing improvement this season and Tierney has stepped up after being the club for only a year.Every position needs to be assessed. I think we could see a large number of players coming in to the squad and I would expect that.

Oxford canary you are right, two strikers may be an option too, as you need goals throughout your team. Holt, Morison, Pilky all have 5+, has Hooly just reached that?I think we need pace and a bit of guile upfront. We talked about it in January and we all know the cost of an english centre forward, who no doubt will have an inflated price.Roll on the Summer, but there are many positions that need to be filled.Goal scorers, full backs, wingers and strong leadership midfielders.The biggest thing I have noticed is that we do not have a general who can ruffle feathers when we are starting to drop deep, started sluggishly etc. I know I have sounded out Holden but I think he is a young star who at the beginning of last season was the flavour of the month.Looking forward to the transfer rumours coming in...

[quote user="7rew"]I''d like another David Fox, maybe one who is a bit better defensively, but not at the expense of the creative play. Full backs are a priority as well. Naughton and Drury looking unlikely to be here means that we need one each side. We probably want another forward as well, as we only really have two scoring.[/quote]

Funny you say that, i think we could really do with a Muamba type player, i''m not being insensitive, just the whole attention drawn to him got me thinking how he''d fit in at Norwich. He''d be a better Bradley Johnson or Andrew Crofts hybrid. 

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Jay Rodriguez. Excellent all round forward and constantly improving.[/quote]......signed a two year extension to his contract last summer, but is only 22 at the moment so plenty of improvement potential.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

Jay Rodriguez. Excellent all round forward and constantly improving.

[/quote]......signed a two year extension to his contract last summer,  [/quote]

So?

If Barcelona came in for him I doubt he''d care much about that contract.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Whilst everyone is free to discuss whatever they wish and I fully respect that right, I do think that this sort of thread is the epitome of futility.

When has anyone on here ever accurately predicted a player signed by Lambert before rumours in the media?  None of us has any idea what is in Lambert''s mind and for me, that is one of the most exciting things about being a Norwich supporter today.

[/quote]If you say so then it must be so?

Maloney from Wigan

Jarvis from wolves

Holiett from Blackburn

Wheater from Bolton

Those four would do nicely with another goalkeeper maybe Hennessy from wolves.