Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Thanks GP - I am strugglimg at the moment![/quote]

I don''t know if this is of any help to anyone but the games I quite like for which there are odds are:

Dinamo Zagreb (a) in Croatia

Slovan Liberec in the Czech Republic

Al Ahly (a) in Saudi Arabia

Eibar in Group Two of the Spanish Segundo B

After last weeks Belgian let down, its Germany this time around and

FC Koln v Borussia Dortmund - Away Win

Form guide over the last 8:

Koln L W L L L D W L

Dortmund W W W W W W D W

Best of luck Muddy, and all you PUPs

Fed up with Scotland after last week so I''m off to Holland this week where I believe Heerenvee will beat VVV Venlo. Good lucky Muddy.

If it''s any help I will be around late Friday night and Saturday morning Muddy buddy.

GingerPele and Purple made good points on the previous page.

We''re lucky to have so much support on here but I''m getting worried that I''ll soon be made redundant!

I''m going with Drinks in League Two this week where Hereford''s abysmal home record (4-3-12-19-37) is unlikely to be improved by Crewe, who are decent on the road (8-3-8-24-27) and are fighting for a play-off place. Crewe are unbeaten in their last eight games having won four and drawn four.Hereford v Crewe........Away win.Good luck Muddy. [Y]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

I don''t know if this is of any help to anyone but the games I quite like for which there are odds are:

Dinamo Zagreb (a) in Croatia

Slovan Liberec in the Czech Republic

Al Ahly (a) in Saudi Arabia

Eibar in Group Two of the Spanish Segundo B

[/quote]

Some odds for the Bosnian game (Zeljeznicar) I would pick but not with Bet 365. I would recommend it if odds arrive in time. Torn between Slovan Liberec (at home) and Dinamo Zagreb (away). Slovan played in midweek and Dinamo have pretty much got the title sewn up. But gone for Dinamo:

Varazdin with a 2-1-8 and 11/21 home record.

Dinamo with a 7-3-1 and 24-6 away record.

Bonne chance a tous!

Good luck this week Muddy.  I''m going to stick in England, where I fully expect:Southampton to beat DoncasterSadly it looks like they may repeat our feat of back-to-back promotions.  Good luck Muddy, and all you Pups.

Swiss table-toppers FC Basel to continue their winning run in the league with a home win over mid-table Servette.

This week it''s the Championship for me

Southampton vs Doncaster - Home Win

Good luck all, especially Muddy Funster

Simples,Norwich home win please.

Good luck Muddy and one and all.

[quote user="Torchy"]This looks like fun. Is it organised by Arrdee?
[/quote]

I''m sure Nutty will fill you in fully at another time, but here is my attempt.

Arrdee started this alla 4/5 years ago (I think) and we used to get a free £10 bet with a local bookies. This continued until this season when the bookie could no longer offer us a free bet. PuPs (the PinkUnPickers) then started to donate £10 of their hard earned cash to keep this thread going. All money raised goes direct to FONCY (raised over £1000 since the start).

During the time this thread has been running Arrdee sadly passed away and his good friend Nutty Nigel stepped in to continue it. He does a wonderful job, placing the bet, doing the stats etc.

I''ll leave it for Nutty to give you a more details but thats a brief overview.

P.s. leave a Nap (prediction)

German 2nd division for me.

GREUTHER FURTH            v      Karlsruher

11-0-2      +39                                 1-2-10         -28

Good luck Muddy and all PUPS[Y]

Southampton to beat Donny please.

There''s 35 picks now [:)] Good luck everyone.

Sorry, very late. We are going to get back to winning ways this weekend, PUPs + Norwich, I am sure of it, so for me Norwich to beat dirty Wolves.Good luck all! [:D]

OK here goes.  I have chosen all UK games forst of all, because I feel more comfortable there.  There have been some very good spots but I have chosen 2 picks which no-one else has, so hopefully they won''t let us down.

My nap is Swansea v Everton Home win.  No way will Everton succeed where Man City failed.  It takes a hell of a team to beat Swansea at home [:D] They were silly odds as well so well worth it.

My six contain a good mix of "should be nailed on" and "that might well come off!" so the total if we win is not to be sniffed at. Secondly they are all homes so hopefully that will be a little in our favour

My picks are as follows :-

Wrexham v Forest Green - Wrexham - Forest Green have met me down personally on a couple of occasions so they can at least do me a favour now!

Southampton v Doncaster - Southampton - been on fore recently, Donny can''t seem to win anything at the moment

Swansea v Everton - Swansea - see above

Stranraer v E Stirling - Stranraer - God East Stirling are poor!

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Arsenal - Seem to have the winning knack back, although I do have a horrible nagging doubt about this one...

Torquay v Port Vale - Torquay - Great odds, but I realise this is a tricky one. Torquay are in such fine form though and they didn''t let me down last week winning 4-1 away.

This is it then.  It all looks good to me.....until I press the post button of course....

Southampton to beat Donny for me please.

It''s so sad the see that even the one good thing about the pink''un is now subject to attack by people who clearly don''t see punching below the belt as being anything other than acceptable.

Good luck everyone.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

OK here goes.  I have chosen all UK games forst of all, because I feel more comfortable there.  There have been some very good spots but I have chosen 2 picks which no-one else has, so hopefully they won''t let us down.

My nap is Swansea v Everton Home win.  No way will Everton succeed where Man City failed.  It takes a hell of a team to beat Swansea at home [:D] They were silly odds as well so well worth it.

My six contain a good mix of "should be nailed on" and "that might well come off!" so the total if we win is not to be sniffed at. Secondly they are all homes so hopefully that will be a little in our favour

My picks are as follows :-

Wrexham v Forest Green - Wrexham - Forest Green have met me down personally on a couple of occasions so they can at least do me a favour now!

Southampton v Doncaster - Southampton - been on fore recently, Donny can''t seem to win anything at the moment

Swansea v Everton - Swansea - see above

Stranraer v E Stirling - Stranraer - God East Stirling are poor!

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Arsenal - Seem to have the winning knack back, although I do have a horrible nagging doubt about this one...

Torquay v Port Vale - Torquay - Great odds, but I realise this is a tricky one. Torquay are in such fine form though and they didn''t let me down last week winning 4-1 away.

This is it then.  It all looks good to me.....until I press the post button of course....

[/quote]

Thank you Muddy buddy. As Kev say''s "fortune favours the brave" and I''ve got a feeling fortune will be on our side this weekend. They do look a great final six with a great balance and a very healthy potential return of £142.99. Here are the details : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Wrexham @ 4/7
Southampton @ 3/10
Swansea @ 11/10
Stranraer @ 4/11
Arsenal @ 1/3
Torquay @ 5/6
Six-Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
24/03/2012 01:02:5410.000.00

As young ''nana says all games are Saturday at 3pm. Hopefully I''ll be at Carrow Road tomorrow and like most of us I''ll be trying to catch up with these scores.

Because I keep the stats I am in a great position to understand the different qualities that you PUPs bring to these threads. I said in the OP that our league table is only part of the value of the stats. All the different strategies you have as individuals make picking the final six interesting. And of coiurse the final six always reflect the ethos of the PUP making them. This diversity is one of the greatest assets this group has. And this is why I am so confident in Muddy''s final six[Y]

So good luck Graham and all you PUPs. We are due a win so here''s hoping it happens this week[Y]

Just been logging the picks. 23 different selections. It will make this an interesting weekend.

Muddy buddy - which is your nap?

What''s the chances of a PUPs win and a City win by 5pm today...

[8]I''ve got a feeling...

[;)]

Apologies for lateness - which seems to be a bit of a regular occurrence lately :(

MM - Wrexham home win

MMMK - Southampton home win

Good Luck Muddy and all our PUPs