Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

A SLUMP OF OUR OWN MAKING?

Down to 11th......What a disaster in our first year back in this league!!!!!!!!!

Slump - O for gods sake when we have lost 5 in a row and are 4th form bottom yes. We are in a fantastic position and as long as we stay up, even if it is by only 1 point and 1 position, it will be a bigger achievement than the previouse two years.

Some of you need to get out form behind your keyboards, smell the roses and go get laid.

"it will be a bigger achievement than the previouse two years."

Proper proper fact material.

I always wanted to know the secret of instant getting laid. Just run it by me one more time? Is it step one smell the roses or step one get out form (sic) my keyboard?

Suggest you stick to getting laid NorwichRat, I''m sure you are very good at that at least lol.

[quote user="Ruddygore"]". I always wanted to know the secret of instant getting laid. Just run it by me one more time? Is it step one smell the roses or step one get out form (sic) my keyboard? Suggest you stick to getting laid NorwichRat, I''m sure you are very good at that at least lol.[/quote]

Wrong time of year to smell the roses, I''m afraid , RG. Will have to wait until May at the earliest. But by then it could be too late.  So I''ll just have to concentrate on my getting form the keyboard technique. Or the other....

Judging by the picture next to his signature our rodent friend could be Andre Villas Boas in disguise. Trouble is, he can''t spell that either........

EPPS - My opinion but our generation used to have to give roses but if all you have to do is smell them these days progress has been made.

The point of talking about your opinion of a bit of a "slump" is that you''re definitely not wanting to wish a bigger slump. It''s all very well and good talking in hindsight when your in that dogfight at the bottom of the table - nothing clever about hindsight - but we''re all fans here, we want the team to finish as high as possible. Now, we''ve hit a mini trough, talking about what Lambert may do to make sure it''s a low point and not a long slide is valid discussion and to tear into that discussion with animosity is counter-productive.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[quote user="Ruddygore"]". I always wanted to know the secret of instant getting laid. Just run it by me one more time? Is it step one smell the roses or step one get out form (sic) my keyboard? Suggest you stick to getting laid NorwichRat, I''m sure you are very good at that at least lol.[/quote]

Wrong time of year to smell the roses, I''m afraid , RG. Will have to wait until May at the earliest. But by then it could be too late.  So I''ll just have to concentrate on my getting form the keyboard technique. Or the other....

Judging by the picture next to his signature our rodent friend could be Andre Villas Boas in disguise. Trouble is, he can''t spell that either........

[/quote]

Why the arrogant put down of a passionate fan expressing his feelings?

[quote user="Smokebomb"][

Why the arrogant put down of a passionate fan expressing his feelings?
[/quote]

Oh dear, SB. We clearly don''t do tongue in cheek, do we ?

This thread was moving along quite interestingly, till our rodent friend decided to play the "insult" card.  As RG  said, it''s merely playing him at his own game.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[quote user="Smokebomb"][

Why the arrogant put down of a passionate fan expressing his feelings?[/quote]

Oh dear, SB. We clearly don''t do tongue in cheek, do we ?

This thread was moving along quite interestingly, till our rodent friend decided to play the "insult" card.  As RG  said, it''s merely playing him at his own game.

[/quote]

"Insult" really?  We clearly dont do exageration  do we old chum![:^)]

Obviously the best way to deal with this is to put our best 11 out next weekend against bottom of the table Wigan and put 3 or 4 past them. The Norwich I grew up with were very good at losing to the bottom of the table sides - let''s see if anything has changed.

I see back in the thread op you have given me a bit of a put down. O well why get in the way of facts. The facts show that Morison starting is not necessarily the weakest option. When Holt has started in the premier league we have won 4 games only his record being W 4 D 5 L 7. Morisons starting record sees us at W 6 D 7 L 6. Four of the defeats when Morison started were MU away MC away Ars home Tot home. The other 2 were villa away but importantly Sunderland away which sort of disprooves your thread. The game before was WBA in the cup. Morison was our main striker. He was given a complete rest against WBA, so at that time resting Morison was no different to resting Holt against Leicester. Guess what we lost to Sunderland 3 - 0 so why not say that was because we rested Morison ?

By no means is this a have a go at Holt post but Lambert did the same against WBA resting what was at the time his top striker. At different times each have been our top striker, however if we lose Saturday then maybe it is time to switch around again wether that be Morison ( if fit ) or Vaughan or Wibraham ect. If Morison comes back unfortunately I fear sections of the crowd will force him out of the club. To some Holt playing above anything else is far more important than our premier league survival.

[quote user="Cambridgeyellow"]

By no means is this a have a go at Holt post but Lambert did the same against WBA resting what was at the time his top striker. At different times each have been our top striker, however if we lose Saturday then maybe it is time to switch around again wether that be Morison ( if fit ) or Vaughan or Wibraham ect. If Morison comes back unfortunately I fear sections of the crowd will force him out of the club. To some Holt playing above anything else is far more important than our premier league survival.

[/quote]

The difference is that Holt is better as a team player, better goal scorer, better at creating goals, better all round - imo.   Who would I rather have in the team if both players are slightly off their game?  Holt, because he has that much extra to offer.     As for your last sentence - to my mind, Holt playing is always going to help premier league survival.  Why?  Because he scores goals.  The only reason to drop him would be if he goes off form.

I do think however that we are obviously going to see more of Jackson and  Vaughan so if Holt is playing well, Morison is going to find it hard to get back in the starting 11.      If Holt goes off the boil?    That would give Morison the chance to come in, but at the moment it seems as if Wilbo has the nod over him. Who would have thought that at the start of the season?   

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Cambridgeyellow"]

[/quote]

The difference is that Holt is better as a team player, better goal scorer, better at creating goals, better all round - imo.   Who would I rather have in the team if both players are slightly off their game?  Holt, because he has that much extra to offer.     As for your last sentence - to my mind, Holt playing is always going to help premier league survival.  Why?  Because he scores goals.  The only reason to drop him would be if he goes off form.

I do think however that we are obviously going to see more of Jackson and  Vaughan so if Holt is playing well, Morison is going to find it hard to get back in the starting 11.      If Holt goes off the boil?    That would give Morison the chance to come in, but at the moment it seems as if Wilbo has the nod over him. Who would have thought that at the start of the season?   

[/quote]

Your points are reasonable and I should point out at no point does my post say Holt should not be in at present and in no way the facts I am about to put should be taken as I want Holt out and others in, I am just showing that Holt should not be used to force our future centre forward out of this club as running around everywhere does not neccesarily mean you win.

When Holt has started he has scored 7 goals in 16 games - not a bad premier league return. He has actually scored twice in two games the only 2 games that we have won when he scored when starting. The other 3 games he scored in we have lost 2 and drawn 1. In the other three games where he came on as sub and scored we have drawn 2 and won 1. My point was that somebody like if not Morison is the future of this club. We cannot carry on saying every other forward does not score / puts no effort in /does not play for the team. Like I said I beleive if Morison plays again this season a large element of carrow road will not accept him when based on the points we have accumalated he has been a valuable player with goals responsible for a lot more points. 

I agree with your valuation of Moro, Cambridge Yellow, and I have supported him on other threads while questioning whether his head is in the right place. Like City Angel I have seen Moro and other players interacting well so perhaps he was injured against Leicester? He certainly made a good job of showing it was attitude.

I feel we lost out through not having a fit and firing Moro in tandem with Holt against Man Utd and Stoke as they would have been my preferred choice, however, Lambert knows his players and decided otherwise.

I completely agree the crowd must recognise the huge contribution of Moro, including pushing Holt to improve. He led the line when we had a dearth of defenders and needed to play five in midfield and did a thankless task with impeccible attitude. When he came off against Leicester I honestly thought he got a decent hand from the crowd as a whole.

[quote user="Cambridgeyellow"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Cambridgeyellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your points are reasonable and I should point out at no point does my post say Holt should not be in at present and in no way the facts I am about to put should be taken as I want Holt out and others in, I am just showing that Holt should not be used to force our future centre forward out of this club as running around everywhere does not neccesarily mean you win.

When Holt has started he has scored 7 goals in 16 games - not a bad premier league return. He has actually scored twice in two games the only 2 games that we have won when he scored when starting. The other 3 games he scored in we have lost 2 and drawn 1. In the other three games where he came on as sub and scored we have drawn 2 and won 1. My point was that somebody like if not Morison is the future of this club. We cannot carry on saying every other forward does not score / puts no effort in /does not play for the team. Like I said I beleive if Morison plays again this season a large element of carrow road will not accept him when based on the points we have accumalated he has been a valuable player with goals responsible for a lot more points. 

[/quote]

It has been one of this season''s most interesting features - the Holt/Morison scenario.   One, other or both has been the question all season.    At the moment Holt has the momentum.    Morison is second fiddle.    It''s up to Morison to rise to the challenge.    If he isn''t up to that challenge it may be that he is not the right man for the position.   When Morison was number one choice - and doing well, Holt rose to the challenge and forced his way back in - and more power to him for that.   We need  Morison to do that now.   If he doesn''t, as you say, the crowd will probably make it hard for him.    If it isn''t to be Morison, we will need to get a player that will challenge.    It could just be that in the long term, Morison is not destined to be a City player.    That''s not to denegrate him in any way.  I would like to see him come back and really show us how he can compete for his place.  

It just hasn''t happened yet................

Add excessive tinkering and unprofessional player behaviour - on and off the pitch - who now doesn''t believe we are in a slump of our OWN making which is costing us millions in prize money, status and hard won respect?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Add excessive tinkering and unprofessional player behaviour - on and off the pitch - who now doesn''t believe we are in a slump of our OWN making which is costing us millions in prize money, status and hard won respect?

[/quote]

I don''t believe it, for one Rudol.  You are always going to have difficult spells in a season, its no ''slump''.   Get behind the manager and the team, we only lost by the odd goal on Saturday. As has been the case all season we have competed well and could have got a point.   Where is the slump?   In your mind.  

We are still competing for a top ten finish, have good new players coming in, Holt to return.  What''s got into you? 

What a reaction since the game on Saturday!!

During the match there was a guy in the row in front calling for "Lambert Out!!" telling him to "Play your strongest team you *". Andrew Surman should "Get off the * pitch, lightweight *" Surman even got the blame for Hoolahan dwelling on the ball and getting dispossessed!! Wilbraham is just a "* league 1 striker!!" (immediately prior to him scoring), Ward is "dreadful"..... etc

I actually thought that we did alright for the most part. As for this slump, what slump? It''s about getting as many points as you can in 38 games. Why should we suddenly be beating the likes of Fulham? They''ve had years in the honeypot and made the late stages (final/semi?) of the Europa league recently, they''re a decent side. We drew at home to Wigan and it was like the world had ended, next thing you know they turn up at Anfield and win. These teams aren''t mugs, we''re still in an excellent position, we still have an excellent manager, we''re still playing decent stuff but the odd thing is going against us too, I mean Dempsey''s goal, it''s just unfortunate.

As for criticising the manager and the players, that''s your prerogative. Nobody was moaning when that same manager tinkered and had us in the top 8, why would he change what he''s been doing all season and working so well? At least he is astute enough to see when it isn''t working and making decisive, difficult decisions.

These players and this manager have taken us on a hell of a ride, long may it continue. Yes we should aim as high as we can, we should also temper our enthusiasm with a little realism. We''ve risen so fast that we''ve been spoilt, we just have to try and remember not to be the brat.