Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Sunderland Vs Norwich Thread

We are getting out fought, out classed and out played.And we are losing 2-0Both great goals, both very very avoidable.

Not looking good,even passing back to Ruddy they are passing it at the goal,on this pitch that could be another costly error.

Hopefully hold this till half time,then a game of two halfs :) although I''m not holding out much hope.

This type of performance was bound to happen sooner or later. Im sure Lambert will change it up but we are being completely outplayed by the better team right now.

Referee is woeful. Giving us nothing at the moment. Struggle to find what he is blowing up for half the time.

How was first goal very very avoidable? Was clever throw from Richardson, and Martin did best he could against McClean or what ever his name is, would have probably been better if he didn''t get a touch on it though...

Hopefully we will see a better second half, but can''t see us pulling two back without response from Sunderland, before anyone gets to negative, its one game, were allowed off days. And unless we then go on and lose at Bolton, any result today is acceptable....

Outclassed I can live with, outworked I can''t.  Still, at least now we know where PL gets his Managerial Fashion Sense from, O''Neill''s got the works!

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Awful half for us. Lambert looks subdued. We lack width. Get Bennett and Pilks on. Half time changes needed I think.[/quote]

Why is LAmbo so subdued?  Usually Lambo is prowling up and down the side of the pitch.  Perhaps he is saving it all for the second half - let''s hope so!  Not sure what can be done tactically apart from the wingers being put on - can''t defend and break with two to get.

That really was bad, not seen us look so uninterested in passing the ball all season. I''ve said it before and say it again, without Fox we lack creativity in the center, cannot fathom how playing Johnson and Crofts is going to create supply for the attacking players. Time for Lambert to earn his money, he does it every time, I''ve no doubt he''ll sort things out again!

Morrisson looks off the pace, Naughton looks confused on the left, Johnson looks like a kid and get Hoolahan off for gods sake! He is doing nothing, lucky not to be in the book and they are just taking the ball off him and walking through the midfield.

Tactics and team selection are one thing. But being beaten because the opposition are willing to work harder is quite another.Thankfully

this performance is very much the exception under Lambert. Still time

to pull off another miracle or simply restore a bit of dignity.

If Lambert''s learnt nothing else, at least it would sadly appear that tonight has confirmed Crofts is not premiership quality.

Don''t know if it''s because the whole O''Neil thing, but PL just isn''t the same, but to be fair to him, what could he do to change it. We didn''t have the personal on the pitch to go any different tactically, so all he could do was sit and watch us get ripped apart.

We''re gonna have to do it the hard way. Think we will nick a point. 2-2.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Outclassed I can live with, outworked I can''t.  Still, at least now we know where PL gets his Managerial Fashion Sense from, O''Neill''s got the works!

[/quote]

Yes I reckon this is the difference Mister. They are not allowing Hoolahan any time on the ball so the diamond isn''t an attacking threat. I wouldn''t be surprised to see it changed second half. Front two look like they could be dangerous if we got good service into the box.

Two good goals though.

Think Morison and Crofts need to be sacrificed for Fox and Pilks. Four across the middle with Hoolahan roaming.

[quote user="Phyxius"]Referee is woeful. Giving us nothing at the moment. Struggle to find what he is blowing up for half the time.[/quote]I agree, Wes is constantly being pushed off the ball so he''s a waste tonight. Pilks has got to come on, not sure if Fox would help.