Sign in to follow this  
North Yorkshire Canary

No desire last night

Was really disappointed last night however what really got my goat was the way Grant Holt left the pitch. After enduring 70 mins of Norwich not being interested Grant Holt was subbed. Nonchalantly he wandered off the pitch as the clock ticked away. Now I love Grant Holt but if he actually ran off the pitch and the subs came on quicker it may have given us a few more seconds and raised the tempo. To my disbelief though all the Norwich fans in the away end stood up and clapped his meandering stroll off the pitch. Unreal! A lot of fans stared at me with unhappy looks as I blasted him for wasting our own time. Some people seem happy to cheer anything. On a plus note though the Pie supper in the stadium of light was quite nice!

Look at it on the flipside, if Holt had ran off the pitch clapping and smiling we''d all sit here bashing him, he was obviously dissapointed with his performance and the way we were playing last night I don''t think 22 against 11 would have got a result, just one of those games where things don''t click like they usually do, time to move on to saturday and get a result at FCR.

I agree but if Holt actually ran off the pitch the opportunity was always there to gain a few seconds for us to possibly score. Obviously it didnt work out that way but its really frustrating watching our players waste our own time. + our own fans clapping timewasting when we are 3 nowt down. Yes your right though it shouldnt be dwelt on and I expect a big response at the weekend.