Sign in to follow this  
J.Warman

korey smith should be in our starting line up

he had a fantastic debut for barnsley, he got two assists from very good through balls and play really good all round.

why do people on here want other teams young players but not our own? like dani pacheco who we all liked, but has been awful in spain apparently, korey smith never put a foot wrong and is a good all round player but people on here just dont rate him and i don''t know why.

(highlights from the barnsley game)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16695889

barnsley - sunderland, whats the difference. oh yeah, they are a premiership team. korey is only a squad player atm. he needs games as he is still young to adapt to the game, crofts will still be the same player next year whereas korey needs to be moulded into becoming a great midfielder, otherwise what the point

[quote user="I am a Banana"]The 2 assists he had in that game were hoolahan esk. They were superb passes, especially 2nd one.[/quote]

Similar to Lansburys against the binners.

Lambert had him captain of the reserves earlier. Hence he wants to see what he can do with regular football in a competitive league.

He is no-where near ready for this league, amazing when other teams have players ready for it at such a young age. Again a slight victim of our success, but I agree with the poster that very few of our midfielders are going to improve year on year. Korey can and hence can have a role to play if he improves. If not then he will not be at NCFC as a starter.

Adeyemi no question can improve greatly and make an impact. So both can muscle there way in to our first teams thoughts. But we will also be looking to improve our squad next season so many players again will be squad players. Nothing wrong with that though at all.

Excellent debut but it is 1 game and nothing more. Wouldn''t do Korey any harm to spend the rest of the season at Barnsley and see how he performs.

re: colneycanary. Barnsley wanted him for the rest of the season the whole time, but Lambert only wanted to let him go for a month at first to see if he settled in/was happy first.

Korey Smith and Tom Adeyemi both have good futures in the game. Maybe even at the highest level. We have to trust Paul Lambert with them. He feels the loans are right at this time. It is better that they are playing regularly. And loaning out a youngster is not the same as discarding them.

I think both him and Adeyemi need these loans at present i hope they can both be ready next season however i expect we will buy another midfielder in the summer so its a hard task but they can do it, they are both level headed boys Tom i know very well and i hear the same can be said about Korey. They are also hard workers and are not the type to give up. Next season is a massive season for the both of them.