Sign in to follow this  
chicken

12 points clear with 14 games left.

First off until we are safe I dont really care where we are in the table.

However we are now 12 points clear of Bolton. I''m not going to write them off on terms of relegation owing to the number of teams in touching distance. But the fact that they would need four more wins and a draw more than us for us to be hauled back its becoming less and less likely.

There is still a long way to go. 42points. 40points is hard and fast safety, 35 has been enough.

I would say the future is looking more and more promising.

Just one other thing. People are saying our squad is too small. Its almost as big as it is allowed to be. I think Lambert has got it spot on in not overspending in Jan.

Today was a very important result in putting distance away from the relegation scrap.

I will be well chuffed for a top half finish.

OTBC

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Bang on. Considering the situation, this must be one of the best performances of the season.[/quote]

Agree with this.   The pressure was on, especially after the manner of the defeat on Wednesday.  

Terrific from everybody.

spot on we are no way to be doomed !

We always after crap game react \1

I think no need anymore to be woried and simply can focused on cup and to end top as possible for money reason.

Well to be frank, you''ve got to be some what feeble minded if you''re still worried about relegation.  I bet that come the end of the season, they''ll be one or two threads stating that we were actually safe in February when we all look back.

What was good to see today was that we didn''t look like a team that had just lost 3-0 a few days before :)

We were positive and strong through out the game.

Good to see that if we lose a game we can bounce back for the next game.

Also more positives when Howson and Bennett are ready to play :)

The bigger the gap the better and with so many teams below us they can take points off each other.

We have to look at ourselves and just keep on picking up points.

I cannot wait to celebrate when we are mathematically clear of relegation, but until then there is work to do, keep your eye on the prize and keep on extending that gap or maintaining it. What a great position great gap between qpr and I believe west brom of 5 points so it would be nice to see a dogfight, and I certainly believe we have seen a relegated team today at carrow road.

The Blackburn home game, we could have gone 10 points clear of them then. It is all about the psychology of the team and players at that time they were all over the shop and they are now. But now they have to look at those teams in the bottom half. We are almost out of reach, but until the three relegated teams have an R by there name or we are mathematically clear I will just want us to extend it. The sooner we get there the better.

It''s certainly looking very good. 2 more wins should do it and with Ryan Bennett, Howson and Vaughan ready to add to the squad it''s all very positive.