Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Norwich vs Bolton Match thread!!

I don''t think Bolton are going to score, they don''t know what to do with the ball...

I can see this being 0-0 very easily....

I thought Holt has been all over the pitch... working hard...He has been in the centre with his hand up too many times and not been used

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Jackson started well but been quiet for last 15 mins or so and holt just been anonymous - and given a silly free kick away summing up his game really. wilbraham and morison on?[/quote]

Rubbish, he''s working his balls off for us.

So only 1 sub left to use, guess we start with the same 11 2nd half then evaluate around the hour with Morison being the obvious to replace Jackson of still without a goal?

Zipper, I don''t think two injuries mean you get an extra sub.... We can only bring one of Morison/Wilbraham.

I think if we haven''t scored after 20 mins, Morison will be on for Jackson.

Should score when we are on top. Can see Bolton causing us problems Coyle will  bring Davies on and get plenty of balls flying in to our box against our makeshift and short defence . Could be  what we did to Newcastle.

Good performance, just a little bit of spark missing. Bolton look poor. Without the injuries I''d have been confident of a convincing win. Now, however ...

[quote user="morrisons black eye"]Should score when we are on top. Can see Bolton causing us problems Coyle will  bring Davies on and get plenty of balls flying in to our box against our makeshift and short defence . Could be  what we did to Newcastle.[/quote]

Bolton were poor in the first half attack wise, as soon as they got in our third, they seem to run out of ideas. For them to do what we did to Newcastle, they would seriously have to change. I''m sure brining David on, will probably just result in lots of long balls

A decent half but am worried about being caught out on the break or via a set piece now we have a make shift defence. Ball retention will important in the second half.

We must keep the ball in the next half because Coyle will divert maximum pressure on the centre of our defence. We are good enough to out pass and out move them so lets do it and get some goals!

Very nervous now ... could our season be turning?

If we got the lead, I wouldnt be surprised to see us bring on Johnson to play very deep in defensive midfield and then go with just three - Drury, Martin and Naughton - at the back with Bennett and Pilkington operating deeper on the wings...

Really poor stuff now. Get the woeful Jackson of, get Morison on. put the ball wide and get those crosses in!! Come on LAMBERT. Only one winner right now at it''s the team in white.

This is one of the most exciting games I''ve seen in ages! end-to-end stuff... brilliant!

Also, impressed with Bennett''s efforts at rightback - He''s not shying away from tackles. Great stuff!

[quote user="Michael Starr"]Really poor stuff now. Get the woeful Jackson of, get Morison on. put the ball wide and get those crosses in!! Come on LAMBERT. Only one winner right now at it''s the team in white.[/quote]

Woeful Jackson?

What game you watching? He has played well and ooo he pops up to help for the goal.

[quote user="Sing Up The River End"][quote user="Michael Starr"]Really poor stuff now. Get the woeful Jackson of, get Morison on. put the ball wide and get those crosses in!! Come on LAMBERT. Only one winner right now at it''s the team in white.
[/quote] Woeful Jackson? What game you watching? He has played well and ooo he pops up to help for the goal.[/quote]

Yeah! He won man of the match!

[quote user="Sing Up The River End"][quote user="Michael Starr"]Really poor stuff now. Get the woeful Jackson of, get Morison on. put the ball wide and get those crosses in!! Come on LAMBERT. Only one winner right now at it''s the team in white.
[/quote] Woeful Jackson? What game you watching? He has played well and ooo he pops up to help for the goal.[/quote]

Don''t get that either.He had a good game??!!

Solid at the back too, with all 5 putting in excellent performances once we reshaped and even davies coming on caused us no problems. win. Midfield 4 oozed class - kept the ball which is just so important and looked dangerous - Jackson had his best game for us today I thought, a bit quiet at the end of the first half and easily the best striker on show, with Holt & morison both looking a bit tired to me.

Pilkington motm for me

a well deserved win

Perhaps that poster was a bit disappointed Jackson didn''t hit the back of the net? Can be the only negative to his performance to be honest, did very well, on and off the ball today and set up the first goal.

We could have actually had a couple more goals very easily in that game, just wrong decisions at times it seemed, and a couple of close calls. But 2-0 is a good result :D

Superb performance from the Canaries today. We were awful on Weds but today we played so well - especially considering losing our two central defenders. Jackson my MOTM.

Good thing to see, was even with the us having to have a makeshift defence, we still looked pretty strong at the back.

Good to see Bennett can slot in at right back if we need him to.

Fox was once again playing some nice passes, and Wes looked alot better on the ball today, then at Sunderland.

Also good to see Surman running his socks off, he got into some good positions to score today.

About half way through 2nd half - before the goal - something seemed to galvanise us. Suddenly our first touches were coming off, balls slipping through their defence, we were back to our exhilarating best & their was only going to be one result.

Makeshift centre back pairing was awesome! And I really, really rate Bennett. A Martin style player who is going to become a fans'' favourite.